• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

The Formula E cars actually pack a good punch, but not enough to cause hearing damage, which is a huge bonus. We don't think about it, but not only do they pollute the air, but they also cause hearing damage. I like the Formula E sound though. Kind of reminds me of Knight Rider :rotfl2:
Years and years ago when I lived out west for a while I worked for what was then one of the major sponsors of the NHRA, and I sometimes worked the company’s booth at a few race weekends. Clearly I enjoyed it on some level bc it was my gateway into becoming a motorsport fan but the smell and the noise was unbearable as a migraine sufferer. I learned very quickly the fumes were one of my migraine triggers. Formula E is so fun because I can actually enjoy it in person! I have only been to the race here but the events are always a great time. tbh I would love to see them sponsor Autopia or the Speedway attractions, they are trying to grow the sport and I think it would be win/win.

Years and years ago when I lived out west for a while I worked for what was then one of the major sponsors of the NHRA, and I sometimes worked the company’s booth at a few race weekends. Clearly I enjoyed it on some level bc it was my gateway into becoming a motorsport fan but the smell and the noise was unbearable as a migraine sufferer. I learned very quickly the fumes were one of my migraine triggers. Formula E is so fun because I can actually enjoy it in person! I have only been to the race here but the events are always a great time. tbh I would love to see them sponsor Autopia or the Speedway attractions, they are trying to grow the sport and I think it would be win/win.

I like the sound of the "Tomorrowland Formula E Speedway" or the "Formula E Autopia" - it works.

On one hand I can see this being a needed change, but the sounds and smell are nostalgic. An eerily quiet raceway doesn’t have the same vibes to me.
As for the sound, they could just pipe it in - kind of like the crickets at Wilderness Lodge :).

All kidding aside, I remember when NCL debuted their (electric) go-carts it was reported that they were piping in engine sounds into the helmets. No clue if it's true as we've never ridden them, but I remember thinking that was kind of funny.

Speaking of Autopia, I know this sounds like an idea you wouldn’t like, but I really think MK's Tomorrowland Speedway should go. It’s not as fun as Disneyland’s Autopia, and doesn’t really feel like a speedway at all. Trust me, I’ve been on TLS when I visited WDW in 2013. My idea for TLS' replacement should be Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek. It would be the same ride as in Tokyo, but it would also feature characters from Monsters at Work, as well as an extra Monsters University scene.

Speaking of Autopia, I know this sounds like an idea you wouldn’t like, but I really think MK's Tomorrowland Speedway should go. It’s not as fun as Disneyland’s Autopia, and doesn’t really feel like a speedway at all. Trust me, I’ve been on TLS when I visited WDW in 2013. My idea for TLS' replacement should be Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek. It would be the same ride as in Tokyo, but it would also feature characters from Monsters at Work, as well as an extra Monsters University scene.

I think if it goes electirc, they could do tunnels, and use projections to make them "super speeed tunnels" - I think that would not only enhance the Tomorrowlandiness of the ride, but it would pretty cool too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter