Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Interesting reaction. I've done both and don't see the attraction of Dinosaur. I'm local to WDW but have visited DL several times. I've seen back stage at Indy there and ridden the attraction too. To me, it is so much better than Dinosaur. Different strokes....
We love Dinosaur! Even on a shorter trip we’ll pop over to AK just to ride it and Everest. FoP? No thanks, I prefer to go get that Dino.

Interesting reaction. I've done both and don't see the attraction of Dinosaur. I'm local to WDW but have visited DL several times. I've seen back stage at Indy there and ridden the attraction too. To me, it is so much better than Dinosaur. Different strokes....
We're of the same opinion. Have done Dinosaur several times, but in recent years have been skipping it. Definitely prefer the smoothness and exhilaration of FOP over the body-bouncing and volume of Dinosaur. We all have our preferences!! We would also ride Indy before Dinosaur again.

But I know many love Dinosaur!! We're just not going to clog up the line for them.....!

But hten why refit Dinosaur at all. They are already identical ride-system wise, so it seems like they would be making the same (or very similar) attraction. How about keep Dino and build somethign new for Indy?
If they're making a whole new land, they'll want several attractions in there that fit into the land.

They can keep the ride system and theme it differently, why not?

If they're making a whole new land, they'll want several attractions in there that fit into the land.

They can keep the ride system and theme it differently, why not?

But if it's Indiana Jones and it's using the Enhanced Motion Vehicle ride system with an identical track, then how different can it be? It may not be Temple of the Forbidden Eye, but it will be similar. The installation at Tokyo DisneySea is a technically a different theme (Crystal Skull - predating the movie), but it really isn't very different at all. I'd just rather keep the dinos.

Last edited:
Disney Cruise Line Reveals Name and Theme of Next Ship, Sailing in 2025
Today, we are thrilled to share the very first details about our next Disney Cruise Line ship! From zero to hero — just like that! — we are embarking on an epic new journey steeped in the lore of our favorite Disney heroes and villains.
The Disney Destiny, sister to the Disney Wish and Disney Treasure, will have a first-of-its-kind design theme, “Heroes and Villains,” drawing on the legacies of beloved Disney stories, characters and theme park attractions.
1710945356529.png
The Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney Imagineering teams were inspired by the dynamic duality of every great Disney story when developing this new ship, where opposing forces of light and dark drive characters to rise to their purpose. Onboard, guests will encounter heroes and villains alike – including those from beloved Walt Disney Animation stories like “The Lion King,” “Hercules” and “One Hundred and One Dalmatians” – within spaces, experiences and entertainment throughout their voyage.
Minnie Mouse embodies the spirit of the Disney Destiny in this brand-new filigree artwork for the bow of the ship, continuing a beloved Disney Cruise Line design tradition. Donning a heroic new ensemble – cape and all! – and a valiant pose, she will boldly lead guests on epic cruise vacations.
1710945370213.png
The Disney Destiny also reached a new construction milestone today with the keel laying ceremony at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany, which is a maritime tradition designed to bestow good luck upon the ship. The ship is scheduled for delivery in 2025 as part of a multi-year expansion of the Disney Cruise Line fleet that includes the Disney Wish and Disney Treasure, the Disney Adventure that will homeport in Singapore, and the new island destination in The Bahamas, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point.

Disney Cruise Line Reveals Name and Theme of Next Ship, Sailing in 2025
Today, we are thrilled to share the very first details about our next Disney Cruise Line ship! From zero to hero — just like that! — we are embarking on an epic new journey steeped in the lore of our favorite Disney heroes and villains.
The Disney Destiny, sister to the Disney Wish and Disney Treasure, will have a first-of-its-kind design theme, “Heroes and Villains,” drawing on the legacies of beloved Disney stories, characters and theme park attractions.
View attachment 843489
The Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney Imagineering teams were inspired by the dynamic duality of every great Disney story when developing this new ship, where opposing forces of light and dark drive characters to rise to their purpose. Onboard, guests will encounter heroes and villains alike – including those from beloved Walt Disney Animation stories like “The Lion King,” “Hercules” and “One Hundred and One Dalmatians” – within spaces, experiences and entertainment throughout their voyage.
Minnie Mouse embodies the spirit of the Disney Destiny in this brand-new filigree artwork for the bow of the ship, continuing a beloved Disney Cruise Line design tradition. Donning a heroic new ensemble – cape and all! – and a valiant pose, she will boldly lead guests on epic cruise vacations.
View attachment 843490
The Disney Destiny also reached a new construction milestone today with the keel laying ceremony at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany, which is a maritime tradition designed to bestow good luck upon the ship. The ship is scheduled for delivery in 2025 as part of a multi-year expansion of the Disney Cruise Line fleet that includes the Disney Wish and Disney Treasure, the Disney Adventure that will homeport in Singapore, and the new island destination in The Bahamas, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point.
I wonder what character they'll have as a statue in the atrium.

I think that I technically prefer Indy to Dinosaur, but I like that they are different and would hate to see just a clone ride brought in.
Rumor right now is that WDI is designing the Indiana Jones ride to be different than the one in Disneyland. The story and ride elements will be unique to Animal Kingdom. With all rumors that I find and share on this thread, I ask you to take that with grains of salt. Personally I would prefer that to be true. I like when different parks have unique attractions.

How is this less hassle? Uber is door to door. Car rental is in DS and you need to go through the rental process.

We’ve had Uber drivers cancel on us simply because they didn’t want to deal with Epcot closing time traffic. (And once at MIA, a driver pretended he couldn’t find us so he could cancel because of not wanting to deal with arrivals area traffic.)

This trip would be way worse for a driver. The stretch of highway between WDW and TPA is notorious for being a parking lot most of the day. And add in possible construction, accidents or other delays, then multiply by two since the driver would have to return back to Orlando, potentially fare-less.

I cannot see the process of actually getting an Uber to commit being an easy one. I would much rather hop a bus (or Uber) to the DS area and then control the journey from WDW to TPA ourselves, rather than stressing over finding a driver. In fact, we are doing exactly this in July, one reason I know it’s not much difference price-wise.

If someone absolutely doesn’t want to rent a car, booking a car service might be a safer bet IMO, at least then you know you have a driver at your desired departure time.

I think yall have convinced me to just fly into mco!

We almost always fly into TPA, mainly because that’s where our direct flights go. MCO would mean connecting flights, so you lose any time you save by being closer to WDW. But we do a car rental, even if it just sits all week. We always do skip the line, so we never have a wait at the car rental counter. The process is surprisingly quick, especially once you’ve done it a few times. It takes longer to enter the rental car plate number into our Sunpass account than it does to pick up the car.

But if people have direct flights to MCO and really don’t want a rental car, then yeah, that’s where they should fly into.

We’ve only been to Disneyland once vs. yearly trips to WDW and we liked Dinosaur better. I think I kept hearing the hype about how superior Indiana Jones was and just didn’t see it.
I think Indiana Jones is the superior attraction and that Dinosaur needs a major update. That said, I think Dinosaur should stay at AK, it’s one of my fave rides and Indiana makes no sense at AK. Whereas Dinoland 100% does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter