Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet, and maybe I’m reading too much into this, but I don’t see any mention of “resort guest with ticket package” - it just keeps saying resort guest. Could that mean that this is a perk we APs will also get? That would be a great perk, especially for out of state APs who don’t have the water parks add-on.

We have the add-on, so it won’t help us much, but I’m thrilled to see something added that’s a tangible benefit for staying on site.
It says “all registered guests” so that says anyone staying in a Disney hotel to me, regardless of tickets or no tickets.

Also if I'm being honest for a second, if I wanted to go to a water park, I'm picking Volcano Bay every single time no questions asked.

Let's just hope with this "perk", both water parks will be open at the same time.

We are not water park people. However, we have been to Volcano Bay several times, including opening weekend. I guess we would consider going to a WDW water park if it was convenient and we got a free ticket.

The water parks are the last perk I would want or use, regardless of which day we are allowed to use the perk. I’m really disappointed with this announcement. I’d rather be able to send purchases back to my room, purchase/book Genie+ in advance, room service, seminars and other events that used to occur at festivals, luggage transfers, magic express, deluxe dining plan, basically any other perk.

The water parks are the last perk I would want or use, regardless of which day we are allowed to use the perk. I’m really disappointed with this announcement. I’d rather be able to send purchases back to my room, purchase/book Genie+ in advance, room service, seminars and other events that used to occur at festivals, luggage transfers, magic express, deluxe dining plan, basically any other perk.
It's really an empty gesture on Disney's part. They're trying to make it seem like it's a huge thing; probably trying to get a jump start before Epic Universe releases an official opening date.

It's really an empty gesture on Disney's part. They're trying to make it seem like it's a huge thing; probably trying to get a jump start before Epic Universe releases an official opening date.
We’ve never done a water park so I have 0 interest. However if they let you pick your day I would probably use it. “Empty gesture“ is right-making it on arrival day may take pressure off their front desks when your room isn’t ready in time.

Damn might need to buy today then. Undercover tourist has a better price for the next few days. I wonder if their prices will stay
Yeah early week announcement of a perk as well as confirmation of the same early entry and extended evening for deluxe. So there’s a high likelihood there’s soon to be a follow up of rack rate increases, ticket increases, and possibly AP increases.

Yeah early week announcement of a perk as well as confirmation of the same early entry and extended evening for deluxe. So there’s a high likelihood there’s soon to be a follow up of rack rate increases, ticket increases, and possibly AP increases.
Glad I bought my sons' tickets last week and upgraded my DH's tix to an AP today then, just in case.

One more question. Can you add days to the undercover tourist ticket after purchase. Kind of like how I can add days when I’m at Disney through guest services. Or am I stuck with what I have at the time and can’t add more days
Thanks

One more question. Can you add days to the undercover tourist ticket after purchase. Kind of like how I can add days when I’m at Disney through guest services. Or am I stuck with what I have at the time and can’t add more days
Thanks
You can add days but you can't do it through MDE, you have to call or you can probably also do it in person. Just know that once you add days (or Park Hopper) or alter it in any way, you can't get a refund from UT. I added a day to my DH's April ticket last week by calling and then today actually decided to convert to an AP, also over the phone..

Empty gesture is the best way to describe it. Just don't offer it at all...it seems so tacky. It'd be one thing if you could use it any day of your stay (still nothing spectacular, but something.) Only able to use it on your checkin day is so...next to nothing.

Empty gesture is the best way to describe it. Just don't offer it at all...it seems so tacky. It'd be one thing if you could use it any day of your stay (still nothing spectacular, but something.) Only able to use it on your checkin day is so...next to nothing.

I wish they would extend it to departure day too. It works out for me when I have an evening flight.

🙄 well, I won't take advantage of it but I'm glad for the families who will be able to go have fun at a water park instead of waiting for their room. Seems like a good thing to me.
It’s a good thing. When was the last time we saw Disney do anything extra for FREE? That never happens. The stuff we have been getting over the last year are things that we used to have before 2020 so those things don’t count. This is a completely new offering that I stress… is free. Anything for free from Disney is a positive thing. Even though this does nothing for a lot of people, it still has a positive effect on many others.
Recognize the positive.

It’s a good thing. When was the last time we saw Disney do anything extra for FREE? That never happens. The stuff we have been getting over the last year are things that we used to have before 2020 so those things don’t count. This is a completely new offering that I stress… is free. Anything for free from Disney is a positive thing. Even though this does nothing for a lot of people, it still has a positive effect on many others.
Recognize the positive.
Exactly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter