Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Going back to the topic of the Dinoland conversion to Tropical Americas, here are some scenarios I thought up on DINOSAUR:

Scenario A: Turn it into an Indiana Jones ride as speculated, but have it be about Indy discovering an ancient South American temple that serves as a gateway to a land of dinosaurs, and him finding either a dino egg or an actual dinosaur as proof of the land's existence.

Scenario B: No Indy theming, but the ride is given a major overhaul that restores the ride's name back to "Countdown to Extinction", and would be a reboot/new story, where a group of scientists/researchers discover an ancient SA temple that is in fact a time portal that takes you back to the age of the dinosaurs, and the group finding a dinosaur before the meteor strikes.

I also would like to talk about what I think they should do with Disney California Adventure, especially in regards to DLForward. I think they should just close down Avengers Campus and build a new one in the Simba lot as part of the aforementioned expansion project. The current AC is a big letdown, no thanks to Coronavirus, and they should really go back to the drawing board, especially since we may never get that promised Multiverse E-Ticket ride. Current land, I think, should be replaced with a new agriculture-themed land, which is something that was taken away from the park.

Not sure about the first illustration, those last two are Petra in Jordan (Middle East). Although Petra is beautiful, not quite Tropical Americas... I assume they would need to focus on Crystal Skull... maybe Raiders

Raiders was all over but had the Incan ruins and also a lot in Egypt
Temple was India
Crystal Skull was South America, Brazil and Iguazu Waterfalls
Last Crusade was Jordan and Europe
Dial was Europe

(edit... Jordan is Middle East not Africa)

Last edited:
Not sure about the first illustration, those last two are Petra in Jordan Africa. Although Petra is beautiful, not quite Tropical Americas... I assume they would need to focus on Crystal Skull... maybe Raiders

Temple was India
Dial was Europe

Interestingky, the Tokyo DisneySea version of Indy is the Temple of the Crystal Skull, but it predates the movie.

Not sure about the first illustration, those last two are Petra in Jordan (Middle East). Although Petra is beautiful, not quite Tropical Americas... I assume they would need to focus on Crystal Skull... maybe Raiders

Temple was India
Dial was Europe

(edit... Jordan is Middle East not Africa)
An adventure through Peru and through the Temple of the Chachopayan Warriors could be interesting. Have the vehicle move backwards as you experience the rolling ball scene.

IMG_4145.jpeg

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/04/13/ken-potrock-disneylandforward-a-bold-vision-for-anaheim/

Ken Potrock: DisneylandForward – a bold vision for Anaheim
By Ken Potrock
PUBLISHED: April 13, 2024 at 10:38 a.m. EDT

Walt Disney knew exactly what he was doing when he partnered with the city of Anaheim to build his one-of-a-kind theme park seven decades ago. Anaheim has always had a bold vision for its future. Almost 70 years after Disneyland opened, the city has developed beyond anything Walt could have imagined – two professional sports teams, a bustling convention center, over 180 hotels, nearly 70 parks, incredible entertainment and dining experiences, and a diverse, vibrant community.

All this thanks to the vision of Anaheim leaders who knew this special city could be more than just any ordinary town.

DisneylandForward, our collaborative, public planning effort to update Disneyland Resort’s existing land-use approvals, is the next step in Anaheim’s bold vision.

We’ve been here before, working with the city and dreaming big about how we could make a lasting impact in our community. The development approvals in the 1990s laid the groundwork for Disney California Adventure park, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Downtown Disney District, and established the Anaheim Resort Area as the premiere, multi-day vacation destination in Southern California.

Since then, we’ve continued to invest, bringing awe-inspiring expansions to Disneyland Resort like Cars Land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Avengers Campus, The Villas at Disneyland Hotel and our newly reimagined Pixar Place Hotel.

And we’ve built a best-in-class workplace experience for our thousands of cast members, with competitive-paying jobs, fully paid college tuition through our Aspire program for hourly cast, affordable healthcare and childcare for those eligible, and opportunities for mentorships, training and career advancement.

Now, it’s time to dream big again.

The theme park industry is evolving with guests seeking more integrated, immersive experiences where they can shop, dine, stay and play. The Walt Disney Company has committed to investing $60 billion in theme parks and experiences over the next decade – we have the chance to ensure a large portion comes to Anaheim.

With each new experience taking three to five years to come to fruition, DisneylandForward is an urgent need so we can determine what new stories could be told at “The Happiest Place on Earth.”

Maybe a land based on “Zootopia,” leveraging the incredible work at Shanghai Disney Resort, or the chance to celebrate Dia de Los Muertos in a “Coco”-themed experience, or as was shared during Disney’s recent shareholders meeting, the opportunity to enter the world of “Avatar” with a visit to Pandora.

DisneylandForward is not seeking any taxpayer funding from Anaheim. What we are asking for is flexibility on where and what we build on our own land using the square footage and hotel room capacity that already has been approved.

We have committed to investing a minimum of $1.9 billion in the first 10 years if DisneylandForward is approved. What could that bring Anaheim? Beyond thousands of new, competitive-paying jobs, Cal State Fullerton’s economic impact study projects increased revenues of about $15 million annually for Anaheim from each $1 billion we invest. This could help fund necessary community services including additional fire and police, parks and libraries.

But that’s not all.

We’re also committing to a unique benefits package for Anaheim and its residents, including $30 million for affordable housing, $8 million for parks, $85 million in traffic improvements and pedestrian safety, and continued investment in workforce development programs.

Over the past three years, we’ve been transparent about the project, providing many opportunities for the community to learn, discuss and provide input. And we’ve incorporated changes based on recommendations from neighbors who have made DisneylandForward a stronger project that will limit where theme park attractions can be built and require sound barriers.

In addition to robust community support, we’re thrilled that a bipartisan majority of the Orange County delegation in the California state legislature backs DisneylandForward.

I’m proud of this legacy project, which will have a positive impact on generations to come, boosting local businesses and enhancing benefits for residents as we welcome visitors from around the world to one of America’s greatest cities — a city with an unmatched vision for dreaming big.

Disneyland Resort and Anaheim have worked on a project of this magnitude only twice before, in the 1950s and 1990s — both times, we grew beyond anyone’s expectations.

The time is now for a new, bold vision – let’s make history together again.

Ken Potrock is president of Disneyland Resort.

Not sure if it has been brought up, but do you think they will get rid of the IJ Stunt show?
I hope not! Just saw it last month after several years. The action scene is more spectacular now. Best of all, they didn't have the guest participations. Maybe it’s just me, but I thought the guest selection and interview part was so boring. I was glad to see only professionals on the stage.

I hope not! Just saw it last month after several years. The action scene is more spectacular now. Best of all, they didn't have the guest participations. Maybe it’s just me, but I thought the guest selection and interview part was so boring. I was glad to see only professionals on the stage.

I dunno. Every time I saw it, they would pick at least one guy from the crowd who did an excellent job. One dude even got in a fight with the big guy who plays the mechanic, but was able to fake taking the punch and even fall head-over-hells backward. I guess you never know who will be in the crowd on any given day. 😁

Last edited:
https://deadline.com/2024/04/disney...s-that-were-never-built-auctioned-1235884695/

Disneyland Ride Concept Art For Attractions That Were Never Built Auctioned In Beverly Hills

By Bruce Haring - editorial manager
April 14, 2024 - 10:13am PDT

Peter Pan Disneyland Ride Concept Art

Peter Pan Disneyland Ride Concept Art Heritage Auctions

A rare collection of artwork featuring concepts for Disneyland rides and areas that never were built has been sold at auction. Heritage Auctions handled the sales earlier this month in Beverly Hills, California.

The event spotlighted hand-drawn sketches from the Bradley/Bushman Early Disneyland Archives, which conceptualized rides and themed lands for the Disney theme park in Anaheim.

Among the theme park plans and concepts was an “Anything Can Happen” land, and plans for underwater aquariums. In the latter, guests would have walked into the mouths of the crocodile from Peter Pan or Monstro, the whale from Pinocchio, to view marine life.

Another concept detailed an 80-foot-tall statue of Goofy dressed as a clown. The colossus would have been located where the theme park’s Sleeping Beauty Castle now stands.

The “Anything Can Happen” land would’ve been based on “Anything Can Happen Day,” a weekly theme on The Mickey Mouse Club television series, according to a listing.

The land would have attractions themed to cartoon shorts featuring Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto, the listing added.

Other sketches that were auctioned this month showed unrealized concept art for Steamboat Willie’s Paddle Boat, Pluto’s Dog House, the Lost Boys Tree, and a Casey Jones Jr. roller coaster.

Another area would have feature figures of lions, tigers and zebras, and, in an insurance nightmare, allowed children to swing from jungle vines like Tarzan.

Along with the Monstro aquarium exhibit, Disneyland planned to feature a water-based thrill ride that would see guests exit the mouth of the whale.

An early version of the Alice in Wonderland was originally planned to be a walk-through fun house type of attraction. Areas dedicated to characters including the White Rabbit and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were planned, as well as a section revolving around the Mad Hatter’s tea party.

I forgot to mention that an Indiana Jones (or an original) ride involving dinosaurs in South America, for Disney's Animal Kingdom, could work, because there have been discoveries of Ica stones that depict dinosaurs! Perhaps Indy could use an Ica stone as a key to opening the "forgotten valley" of dinosaurs!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ica_stones

Ica_stones3.JPG

Heck, going back to my Countdown to Extinction reboot idea, it could be about the group of researchers/scientists discovering a magical Ica stone that they use to go back in time to the age of the dinosaurs in order to bring back a dinosaur before the meteor strikes.

I forgot to mention that an Indiana Jones (or an original) ride involving dinosaurs in South America, for Disney's Animal Kingdom, could work, because there have been discoveries of Ica stones that depict dinosaurs! Perhaps Indy could use an Ica stone as a key to opening the "forgotten valley" of dinosaurs!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ica_stones

View attachment 851958

Heck, going back to my Countdown to Extinction reboot idea, it could be about the group of researchers/scientists discovering a magical Ica stone that they use to go back in time to the age of the dinosaurs in order to bring back a dinosaur before the meteor strikes.

I am not sure those are legimate archeological finds and may be a hoax, but so were the crystal skulls. It's the perfect thing to base an Indiana Jones adventure on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter