Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a variety of reasons I am sure for this (none of which matter to me as much as the fact that he's GONE)...poor earnings, poor company morale, poor PR and i am certain that among those factors is what (or who) will happen in 2024.

I'm curious if he resigned on his own, was asked to resign, or was fired.
I’m curious how much they offered Iger to come back to something he said was “Ridiculous”, or “I was CEO for a long time. You can’t go home again. I’m gone”

I’m curious how much they offered Iger to come back to something he said was “Ridiculous”, or “I was CEO for a long time. You can’t go home again. I’m gone”
I have been sleeping since 9:30…. My phone was going crazy and I guess it finally woke me! My good friend was texting me to notify me of the good news!! At least she woke me for a good reason!!!!!

Disney fans everywhere after hearing this news…
1669002493288.gif

See ya, Bob! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!!!

Immediate impact of Iger returning to me is at the CM level. Just the improvement to their morale has a big impact on the guest experience. For me, the “Magic” has always been the CMs and if Iger coming back in can have them more enthusiastic about going into their roles that’s a step in the right direction.

Remains to be seen going forward but hopefully Iger’s return can help WDW to get back to full staffing quicker than it was under Chapek.

File this under be careful what you wish for. Chapek was brought in to be the bad guy in a time where Disney had to make some hard decisions. His demeanor, his eye for cost cutting, and his PR deficiencies were perfect for a time where there wasn't much face to face interaction and cost cutting was needed to keep the company as close to profitable as possible. Annual pass caps, paid fast pass, and probably even the end of DME were all coming at some point. Chapek just worked as the one guy everyone could point at and blame publicly. It definitely does not mean they are reversing just because he is gone.

File this under be careful what you wish for. Chapek was brought in to be the bad guy in a time where Disney had to make some hard decisions. His demeanor, his eye for cost cutting, and his PR deficiencies were perfect for a time where there wasn't much face to face interaction and cost cutting was needed to keep the company as close to profitable as possible. Annual pass caps, paid fast pass, and probably even the end of DME were all coming at some point. Chapek just worked as the one guy everyone could point at and blame publicly. It definitely does not mean they are reversing just because he is gone.

I agree with this, while I don't like Chapek, Iger isn't that much better. He jumped shipped right as he saw Covid becoming an issue which is pretty cowardly if you ask me. There were many other companies with CEO's that rode the covid ship much better.

Immediate impact of Iger returning to me is at the CM level. Just the improvement to their morale has a big impact on the guest experience. For me, the “Magic” has always been the CMs and if Iger coming back in can have them more enthusiastic about going into their roles that’s a step in the right direction.

Remains to be seen going forward but hopefully Iger’s return can help WDW to get back to full staffing quicker than it was under Chapek.
Agree!
The friend that messaged DD last night really wants to return to work for Disney. But she refused to apply to come back (she was a Covid layoff) until Chapek was gone. (She still goes to the parks all the time and loves everything WDW.) I felt that spoke volumes esp since she hates her current employer in hospitality.

Agreed if you expect the park going experience to revert to what it was in 2019 you have a rude awakening coming as some of these unfavorable implementations were more than likely in the works during Bob I’s regime and Josh is still president of the parks…

I’d love at bare minimum to see hopping restrictions lifted (even just as an on site perk) and to go back to a set price for genie + or even a pre-posted price calendar and not the 7am sticker shock model we presently have in Florida and just the over all morals of CMs to be lifted

Also just more long term TLC for Florida as the 50th was lackluster and epic universe is right around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter