Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Patents New “Drop Swing Propulsion” Roller Coaster & Water Ride Experience

A new patent filed by Disney describes a new “Drop Swing Propulsion” ride experience designed for roller coasters and water rides to create a new drop sensation. The patent outlines the need for a new ride experience for roller coasters and water rides – two types of attractions that Disney calls predictable and in need of innovation. In the patent, Disney creates a new experience that uses a swing drop to create propulsion for ride vehicles such as those found in roller coasters and water rides.

In this first image, we can see the swing motion in action, with a ride vehicle dropping from the upper “load-in track” to the “exit track” via the “linkage track”. Disney describes the motion as a “combined drop and swing motion” that eventually propels the ride vehicle forward at the lower elevation from “energy generated by the drop and swing of the linkage track section”.

Disney Wins Multiple 2022 IAAPA Brass Ring Awards For Entertainment & Merchandise Excellence

For Live Entertainment Excellence, the following Disney Live Entertainment projects received Brass Ring Awards in these categories:

• Best Theatrical Production – “Tale of the Lion King” at Disneyland Resort
  • Most Creative Christmas/Holiday Show – “Mickey’s Dazzling Christmas Parade” at Disneyland Paris
  • Most Creative Halloween Haunt, Show or Experience – “Let’s Get Wicked” at Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Most Creative Multimedia Spectacular – “Harmonious” at EPCOT
  • Most Creative Property-Wide Event – Disneyland Paris 30th Anniversary Celebration
For Games and Merchandise Excellence, and Food & Beverage Excellence, the following products received Brass Ring Awards in these categories:

• Best Apparel Item – Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Cassette Player Shoulder Bag
  • Best Hard Good Item – Halcyon Starcruiser Training Lightsaber Hilt
  • Best Plush Item – Groot Scented Plush
  • Best New Menu Item – Chocolate Mighty Thor’s Hammer at The Ganachery at Disney Springs

BREAKING: Bob Iger is returning to Disney as CEO. Chapek out immediately.

According to a release from Disney, Iger will serve for two years after Chapek decided to step down.

“We thank Bob Chapek for his service to Disney over his long career, including navigating the company through the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic,” said Susan Arnold, Chairman of the Board.

She continued: “The Board has concluded that as Disney embarks on an increasingly complex period of industry transformation, Bob Iger is uniquely situated to lead the Company through this pivotal period.”

Scott Gustin Twitter

BREAKING: Bob Iger is returning to Disney as CEO. Chapek out immediately.

According to a release from Disney, Iger will serve for two years after Chapek decided to step down.

“We thank Bob Chapek for his service to Disney over his long career, including navigating the company through the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic,” said Susan Arnold, Chairman of the Board.

She continued: “The Board has concluded that as Disney embarks on an increasingly complex period of industry transformation, Bob Iger is uniquely situated to lead the Company through this pivotal period.”

Scott Gustin Twitter

Wow, I knew Chapek was done after the last earnings report, but I didn't think Iger would ever be back. It will be interesting to see what Iger changes, or if it was his plan all along that Chapek was running.

Wow, I knew Chapek was done after the last earnings report, but I didn't think Iger would ever be back. It will be interesting to see what Iger changes, or if it was his plan all along that Chapek was running.
Iger makes sense if the Board didn’t have an immediate successor in mind. Josh D’Amaro probably is in waiting but they want him to have more leadership experience before handing over the reigns I’d think. Two years to figure that out.

There are a variety of reasons I am sure for this (none of which matter to me as much as the fact that he's GONE)...poor earnings, poor company morale, poor PR and i am certain that among those factors is what (or who) will happen in 2024.

I'm curious if he resigned on his own, was asked to resign, or was fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter