• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 1st was their year end. That probably has something to do with it.

I could be misremembering, but hasn't it been typical for there to be October/mid-fall price increases most years? I feel like ticket prices used to go up around October pretty regularly, likely to coincide with the company year end.

Yeah. I'm betting that these increases are in response to inflation/increasing costs of supplies. But I guess it's also possible that ticket sales for the upcoming holidays have been stronger than anticipated, and they decided to take advantage of that.

Yeah, I don't mind so much when food etc. goes up because costs do go up and it is an actual product provided. Upping Genie+ etc. though is pretty much just a cash-grab.

Thanks for the note. I checked my meals and some changed enough to change my plans. Boma went up bit more then 20% for breakfast to $35. I like this place but feel the price is absurd with being non character meal that’s not conveniently located.
Oof. Have plans to eat breakfast at Boma for the first time in a few weeks and I even thought the $29 price tag was a bit high. Can't they at least announce the Fantasmic! return date to give us some good news after all these price increases. :confused3

Yeah, I don't mind so much when food etc. goes up because costs do go up and it is an actual product provided. Upping Genie+ etc. though is pretty much just a cash-grab.
Yes and no. IMO Disney is trying to find that sweet spot between sales and revenue from Genie+. Most people know that the way the system is now there is too many people using it each day. My guess the price will change again come January once all the pre-booked Genie+ is done.

Walt Disney World Increases Price of Refillable Mugs

Guests love purchasing refillable mugs at the Parks. Convenient and cost-efficient, the item also provides Disney visitors with a souvenir to collect and take home.

The snazzy mugs are refillable at select locations at Walt Disney World Resort. Mickey Blog discovered that the 50th Celebration Resorts Refillable Mug just increased by $2.00.

Refillable Mug Price Increase

Previously, they cost $19.99, but they’re now selling for $21.99. Featuring designs from Walt Disney World and its Resorts, as well as iconic Disney characters, the mugs are beloved by Guests.

A little bit of positive news.
More Merry Magic Coming This Holiday Season to Disneyland Resort
Also of note:
"With MagicBand+ coming to Disneyland Resort this fall, you’ll be able to light up your Disneyland Resort holiday experience in an all-new way this year! Wear your MagicBand+ for extra magic and watch it come alive with vibrations and colorful holiday lights during the nighttime spectaculars of “World of Color – Season of Light” and “Believe… in Holiday Magic” fireworks."

and the hits keep coming...I could go on and on about the things that we DON'T have yet or have back yet but it doesn't matter. I get price increases but it just doesn't seem like they're as balanced as they used to be with the new things at the parks, or upgrades at the parks.

Disneyland News:

More Merry Magic Coming This Holiday Season to Disneyland Resort

At Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure park, take in the sights and sounds of cherished holidays including Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day, starting with a spirited lineup of world-class entertainment! New this year, Tina and The Sounds of Celebration! will bring her powerhouse vocals and dynamic musicians to perform holiday tunes with an uplifting repertoire of salsa, merengue, cumbia and rock Latino! Other fantastic returning acts include the Mariachi Divas, Mostly Kosher, Blue13 Dance Company, Phat Cat Swinger and The Mistletoes, and the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party returns!

Be sure to catch the character celebration “Mickey’s Happy Holidays” and the magically merry rhythms of the Holiday Toy Drummers performing throughout the day in Disney California Adventure park.

Delight in the treasured traditions of “World of Color – Season of Light” at Disney California Adventure park and “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade and “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks on select evenings at Disneyland park.

With MagicBand+ coming to Disneyland Resort this fall, you’ll be able to light up your Disneyland Resort holiday experience in an all-new way this year! Wear your MagicBand+ for extra magic and watch it come alive with vibrations and colorful holiday lights during the nighttime spectaculars of “World of Color – Season of Light” and “Believe… in Holiday Magic” fireworks.

Ho-Ho-Hello, Santa! Direct from the North Pole, you may mingle with Mr. Kringle as he visits various locations throughout the Disneyland Resort including Critter Country in Disneyland park, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in Disney California Adventure park and at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort!

Eat, drink and be merry at the Festive Foods Marketplace in Disney California Adventure park, with a seasonal smorgasbord of multicultural cuisine across nine different kiosks! Visions of Sugar Plums is an all-new added marketplace where you will find delicious sweet and savory bites.

And don’t forget, the Disney Festival of Holidays Sip and Savor Pass is a terrific way to sample your way through a glorious day. The pass provides eight easy tabs you can redeem for select food and non-alcoholic beverages at participating Festive Foods Marketplace kiosks and dining locations.* In the spirit of giving, share your tabs with a friend!

*Click link for more info

Oof. Have plans to eat breakfast at Boma for the first time in a few weeks and I even thought the $29 price tag was a bit high. Can't they at least announce the Fantasmic! return date to give us some good news after all these price increases. :confused3
We’ve decided on Ale & Compass for breakfast instead. $23 gets one entree choice (al a cart those are $14-$20), coffee juice and soda, and access to the buffet. Now the buffet is nothing like Boma but still a nice spread of fresh fruit, pastries, biscuits and gravy, etc.

It’s a decent option from an Epcot resort on the way to over to HS or EP. We have a 7:30am ADR. Staying at BW so it’s easy to pop in before hitting EP early entry. Don’t tell anybody I put an apple and croissant in my pocket 😉

Walt Disney World Increases Price of Refillable Mugs

Guests love purchasing refillable mugs at the Parks. Convenient and cost-efficient, the item also provides Disney visitors with a souvenir to collect and take home.

The snazzy mugs are refillable at select locations at Walt Disney World Resort. Mickey Blog discovered that the 50th Celebration Resorts Refillable Mug just increased by $2.00.

Refillable Mug Price Increase

Previously, they cost $19.99, but they’re now selling for $21.99. Featuring designs from Walt Disney World and its Resorts, as well as iconic Disney characters, the mugs are beloved by Guests.
Remind me, can you keep old mugs and reactivate them on future trips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter