• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing it, can you see what genie+ will cost in advance on a select date? I can’t find it but see a twister list says in Oct is 15-22 how do I know how much it will be on my date.

We have found since genie+ has replaced fastpasses all the standby wait times have be consistently posted to be 20 to 30 minutes longer than the actual wait. We go about every 6 weeks and won’t buy lighting lane or genie+ at WDW. I think it’s so those who buy genie+ look at the wait times and see how much time they saved by spending the $$ so they will keep buying it every time. We go often enough that if we see how backed up the regular line is we can estimate the actual wait time. The lightening lane at Kilimanjaro yesterday was so backed up yesterday it was all the way out to the tusker house bar, so it’s selling like crazy.

BREAKING: Individual Lightning Lane Access Prices Will Increase Based on Date

After the announcement that Disney Genie+ pricing is moving to a varied, date-based system, we now know that Individual Lightning Lane access will also follow the new pricing structure.

Minimum prices remain the same, but select attractions will see increases in price on Lightning Lane access. For example, Rise of the Resistance may now cost between $15-$22 per person for Lightning Lane.

Disney has specified that these prices are for October, and are “subject to change beyond that.”
I thought this was already happening.

We have found since genie+ has replaced fastpasses all the standby wait times have be consistently posted to be 20 to 30 minutes longer than the actual wait. We go about every 6 weeks and won’t buy lighting lane or genie+ at WDW. I think it’s so those who buy genie+ look at the wait times and see how much time they saved by spending the $$ so they will keep buying it every time. We go often enough that if we see how backed up the regular line is we can estimate the actual wait time. The lightening lane at Kilimanjaro yesterday was so backed up yesterday it was all the way out to the tusker house bar, so it’s selling like crazy.

I rarely use Genie+ at DL and even less at WDW. We do ropedrop to make the most of our time. Next trip is in January and I may pay for the ILL for Cosmic Rewind. I want to make sure I get to ride it at least once during my trip.
I wish Disney would go the express line route because I feel the high cost deters a lot of people at USH but it was very much worth it for HHN.

Adding to above…

BREAKING: Prices Increased at Most Food & Beverage Venues Across Walt Disney World Resort

Prices on food and beverage across Walt Disney World Resort have been raised today. The price increases are in place at nearly every restaurant on property.
Thanks for the note. I checked my meals and some changed enough to change my plans. Boma went up bit more then 20% for breakfast to $35. I like this place but feel the price is absurd with being non character meal that’s not conveniently located.

It's been a tough day for sure...guess they decided to rip off the bandaid and hit us with everything at once.
Yeah. I'm betting that these increases are in response to inflation/increasing costs of supplies. But I guess it's also possible that ticket sales for the upcoming holidays have been stronger than anticipated, and they decided to take advantage of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter