Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question:

For your other question, it matters zero to Disney or Universal if I spend my money on either. An individual makes zero difference for them.
Personally, Disney makes me happy, their rides are rides I enjoy. Universal has too much screens for my taste to make yearly trips. I am planning to visit 2 disney parks and 1 universal park within the next 1.5 years.
That better?
Better only that you answered the question that you originally said you answered but didn’t.

Your affinity for Disney rides over Universal rides will fade if there are no investments by Disney.

The question is the timing of when that fade will occur. It’s like a downward trend line vs an upward trend line. Where they intersect is different for each person. Each person has their own opinion as to when that happens. Lots of things go into those decisions for families. And I can say that I am utterly unimpressed with Disney’s plans for WDW for the next couple of years.

I am especially unimpressed with how the company is taking all the bottom line net cash flow from the park and putting it into the studios instead. And that isn’t an abaration. It’s admitted and it’s been a couple years of it. It’s sickening.

Disney is all about synergy, right? Sidetracking a little from D23, but also kinda related as far as rethemes go.
Just watched the new Pinocchio...
Salt mines?! The donkey children get shipped off to salt mines?! Isn't the Splash Mt makeover partly inspired by salt mines (has it's own issues)? And there are phantom things sending the donkey children to these mines and Dr. Facilier has his phantoms. I think again this is the left hand not knowing, or caring what the right hand is doing.

Unrelated note: Star Wars Rebels fans- my favorite creature makes a weirdly unexpected appearance. Sort of 😉

Last edited:
Better only that you answered the question that you originally said you answered but didn’t.

Your affinity for Disney rides over Universal rides will fade if there are no investments by Disney.

The question is the timing of when that fade will occur. It’s like a downward trend line vs an upward trend line. Where they intersect is different for each person. Each person has their own opinion as to when that happens. Lots of things go into those decisions for families. And I can say that I am utterly unimpressed with Disney’s plans for WDW for the next couple of years.

I am especially unimpressed with how the company is taking all the bottom line net cash flow from the park and putting it into the studios instead. And that isn’t an abaration. It’s admitted and it’s been a couple years of it. It’s sickening.
We are all very lucky to have such an expert in how long our affinity for Disney will last. Maybe you can provide a chart or graph so we can better visual when each of us will start turning away from Disney?

Disappointed as a WDW regular. I would have liked one solid new attraction on the horizon. I feel the non announcements were confusing and it seemed like they were dangling a carrot while emphasizing nothing is confirmed. Spring for Tron? Come on! Nothing about the Railroad. Nothing about Woody’s Rodeo Roundup? Could they not have thrown in a beignet kiosk for Tiana’s redo? The Dinoland reimagining is much needed but are there 2 IPs coming? We are just thinking about them? Did they mention Pandora so fans would not fuss about IP in AK? Just feeling a little strung along. New fireworks and the hatbox ghost are great! Now tell me you are abandoning the screens in World Showcase! I love hearing imagineers ideas, I do, but I was really hoping for more for WDW, especially with all we have put up with lately.

We are all very lucky to have such an expert in how long our affinity for Disney will last. Maybe you can provide a chart or graph so we can better visual when each of us will start turning away from Disney?
I literally said it was different for each family but then ended with my own opinion

Like my own words said that it’s different for each person and many factors Goni to it for each family. Admitting that. Did you kit read that?

This is now the second time that you didn’t read my words but then respond as if you did. I’m done with this.
You have no argument.

I literally said it was different for each family but then ended with my own opinion

Like my own words said that it’s different for each person and many factors Goni to it for each family. Admitting that. Did you kit read that?

This is now the second time that you didn’t read my words but then respond as if you did. I’m done with this.
You have no argument.
I would just like to know where the downward trend line intersects the upward trend line on my line graph. Since you seem to be an expert and know it's just a matter of time that we all turn from Disney. I read your post and its meaningless. You are trying to sound smart when your whole point rests on "if there are no investments by Disney". Which is complete and utter nonsense. We went from being disappointed that no specific new ride was announced to "no investments by Disney". Almost everything they announced today is investing in the future of the parks. Just because it didn't meet your one specific criteria doesn't mean Disney isn't currently investing in their parks. Bye.

It took 410 days to build the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING...how long has Tron been under construction now? Asking for a friend...
Yeah, I can't believe it's Spring 2023 (how vague is that.) It's done correct? They are testing trains? How on earth could it take another 6 months?

That was the opposite of an announcement, that was breaking bad news it will be another 6 months.

I'm sooooo confused after seeing the announcements....

It's so vague and frustrating. Spring 2023 for tron could means so many opening frames :|

all these new areas just "potentially" being build....

It's was really different from other D23 in the past.

My wife was in tears at the HEA announcement and my 7yo jumped for joy. ❤️
I was the one in tears and jumping for joy.

When Jordan Fisher came on stage and the song began I told my wife there was no way they would be so cruel as to play that song without then announcing it was coming back. I still didn't think it would happen until the news broke.

Some of the things as a DL fan that were disappointing

*No announcement about the Hyperion theater, it's an absolutely beautiful indoor theater still sitting dormant post Covid that NEEDS a new musical. This alone would have been enough IMO to make this day a "win."

*No word on a DL Christmas party for THIS year yet (it was announced Sept 10 last year)

*Paint the Night/Main Street Electric Parade are back to sitting in storage.. (I know haha, I am not going to get sympathy on this one)

*No specifics about dining spaces at the re-imagined Paradise/Pixar hotel

*No closing date for Splash

*No specific opening date for our new Toontown/MRR

*No update on Launch Bay which is a massive, ridiculous empty space in our Tomorrowland

*No announcement about the Downtown Disney remodel except some bakery I have never heard of

Yes, they mentioned a new firework show but as a DL guest, we have to be really careful not to get too excited about that. Our fireworks sometimes run only on weekends because of how landlocked DL is in the city. They also often get canceled or go to a "B mode" because of wind, the smallest amount of wind cancels them. It's not a good idea to plan a DL trip around fireworks, you really need to manage your expectations and just consider it a bonus.

Also, Magic Happens was bound to come back as it was brand new pre-Covid, so that was a non-announcement, anyone could have told you that.

Replacing WOC was not a high priority at all IMO, the regular one and a holiday version to boot, were just fine as is.

Last edited:

Please tell me more about the things I like since you know me so personally.

I'm very glad that HEA is coming back, I just hope the updates don't mess it up.

Now we just need to figure out what they're going to take out and what they're going to put in (Encanto for sure)...

It's definitely not done. We've seen testing but we have no idea what the inside of the show building looks like.
I wonder how much it is training vs construction vs the fact that they already opened a ride this year so they want something new opened next year. It does seem like they are taking their time for it.

the show building has been done for a very long time. I guess the concrete/landscaping will take another 6 months.
I'm not asking this to be difficult, I genuinely don't know if maybe I missed something. How do we know that the show building is done? Nobody has seen the inside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter