Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monorail Hours Extended at Disneyland

The Disneyland monorail is now operating later than it has in years thanks to increased staffing. The Disneyland monorail returned to service back on October 15, 2021, but had reduced hours during the phased reopening. Typically, the hours for the Disneyland monorail would be from park open until around 7pm.

Now, the monorail is running the full park hours, which means that it will resume late-night service until Disneyland closes for the day.

Expedition Everest Closed for Second Day in a Row at Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest failed to open yesterday, and it has not opened yet today either. The attraction is facing extended downtime and will likely remain closed for the day, according to Cast Members.

Earlier this year, Expedition Everest had a 3-month refurbishment to upgrade the computer system for the attraction.

img_5063.jpg
Wonder if it ever was up today? Heading there tomorrow and I know DD was looking
Forward to riding as it was down in January when we were here.

Anyone know anything about more recent New Year’s Eve options not in mk or Epcot? We went to mk on nye on 2016, but are looking for a more low key experience since we will have little kids. We are ok w/ staying out late, but don’t want the massive crowds that are at mk. What are dhs & ak like during the day & do the resorts do anything in the evenings?

Anyone know anything about more recent New Year’s Eve options not in mk or Epcot? We went to mk on nye on 2016, but are looking for a more low key experience since we will have little kids. We are ok w/ staying out late, but don’t want the massive crowds that are at mk. What are dhs & ak like during the day & do the resorts do anything in the evenings?

Legoland does a little a new years event and the do the fireworks early.

I've gone to NYE at Disney every year for the past several years and stay at the Grand Floridian. I typically go into the MK on 12/30, when you get the NYE festivities and fireworks with a lower crowd. On NYE, I have a nice dinner and enjoy the festivities at the Grand Floridian which include a "glow party" with glow necklaces, bracelets, hula hoops, etc. and dancing with DJ outside on the patio by the beach. Little kids were loving that party, and my teens even had a blast. There is a "fancy" party in the GF lobby with champagne and hats, and of course fireworks viewing from the grounds. I've never gone to DHS or DAK on NYE, simply because traffic in and around WDW is absolutely horrendous on NYE and my mantra is "stay off the roads that day". I went to Epcot via monorail on NYE morning one time and it was really nice. I left after lunch and returned to the GF by monorail. The view of the traffic on the road was quite amazing.

Note: this last NYE 2021-2022, my CM daughter's boyfriend was trying to get from the Disney Springs to the GF after getting off work at 9 or10pm and he couldn't make it due to road closures. (They close all the roads around MK at some point on NYE)

I've gone to NYE at Disney every year for the past several years and stay at the Grand Floridian. I typically go into the MK on 12/30, when you get the NYE festivities and fireworks with a lower crowd. On NYE, I have a nice dinner and enjoy the festivities at the Grand Floridian which include a "glow party" with glow necklaces, bracelets, hula hoops, etc. and dancing with DJ outside on the patio by the beach. Little kids were loving that party, and my teens even had a blast. There is a "fancy" party in the GF lobby with champagne and hats, and of course fireworks viewing from the grounds. I've never gone to DHS or DAK on NYE, simply because traffic in and around WDW is absolutely horrendous on NYE and my mantra is "stay off the roads that day". I went to Epcot via monorail on NYE morning one time and it was really nice. I left after lunch and returned to the GF by monorail. The view of the traffic on the road was quite amazing.

Note: this last NYE 2021-2022, my CM daughter's boyfriend was trying to get from the Disney Springs to the GF after getting off work at 9 or10pm and he couldn't make it due to road closures. (They close all the roads around MK at some point on NYE)
Do you have to stay at the GF to attend that party?

Resort Guest Early Entry Shifts to 60 Minutes Before Park Open on September 8th

Disney has just announced its plans to celebrate Disney+ Day in the Disney theme parks, and as part of the celebration, Disney+ subscribers will be able to enter the Disney World theme parks 30 minutes before park open. In order to make good on the promise of the Resort Guest Early Entry perk, Disney is shifting Early Entry for Resort Guests to 60 minutes before park opening on September 8th only.

Here’s how it breaks down:
  • Disney+ subscribers – 30 minute Early Entry on September 8th
  • All Disney World Resort Guests – 60 minute Early Entry on September 8th

Remember, this shift is only for September 8th and the celebration of Disney+ Day. Operations return to normal on September 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter