Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie Bash Returning to Disney California Adventure Beginning September 6

The separate-ticket event Oogie Boogie Bash will be back for Halloween time at Disney California Adventure this year. It will be on 23 select nights from September 6 through October 31, 2022.

dca-oogie-boogie-bash-meet-and-greet-74-6335313

New this year: members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club may purchase tickets to their own Oogie Boogie Bash night on Sept. 10 during D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event.

On June 28 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT), a limited amount of Oogie Boogie Bash tickets go on pre-sale for Magic Key holders, and members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club may begin to purchase tickets to their own exclusive one-night special event (scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 10). Tickets to the events, except the D23 special event, go on sale to the general public beginning June 30 (no earlier than 9 a.m. PT) at Disneyland.com/OogieBoogieBash.*

2022 Dates and Ticket Prices

Tues, Sept 6, 2022
$129
Sat, Sept 10, 2022 (D23 Member exclusive night)
$179
Tues, Sept 13, 2022
$129
Thurs, Sept 15, 2022
$139
Sunday, Sept 18, 2022
$149
Tues, Sept 20, 2022
$129
Thurs, Sept 22, 2022
$139
Sun, Sept 25, 2022
$149
Tues, Sept 27, 2022
$129
Thurs, Sept 29, 2022
$139
Sun, Oct 2, 2022
$159
Tues, Oct 4, 2022
$139
Thurs, Oct 6, 2022
$149
Sun, Oct 9, 2022
$159
Tues, Oct 11, 2022
$139
Thurs, Oct 13, 2022
$149
Sun, Oct 16, 2022
$159
Tues, Oct 18, 2022
$139
Thurs, Oct 20, 2022
$149
Sun, Oct 23, 2022
$159
Tues, Oct 25, 2022
$159
Thurs, Oct 27, 2022
$159
Sat, Oct 29, 2022
$179
Mon, Oct 31, 2022
$179

Fall Favorites Return to Disneyland Resort Beginning Sept. 2, 2022, with Halloween Time, Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party and Plaza de la Familia

Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will cast its eerie spell Sept. 2 – Oct. 31, 2022. Featuring seasonal décor, Halloween-themed attractions, photo opportunities with favorite Disney characters and villains, plus specialty treats and more, there is something for everyone during this spook-tacular celebration.

The Halloween spirit will also extend to Downtown Disney District with colorful pumpkin décor and specialty offerings. Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit – a delightful family-friendly pumpkin hunt – will return to Downtown Disney from Sept. 9 – Oct. 31, 2022. The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort will have Halloween-themed lobby displays, too.

Plaza de la Familia at Disney California Adventure park will return Sept. 2 – Nov. 2, 2022, to celebrate the spirit of Día De Los Muertos with live entertainment, delightful foods, hands-on crafts and interactive experiences.

And for fun and festive frights for all ages after park hours, Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party* will be offered as a separate-ticket event at Disney California Adventure park on 23 select nights starting Sept. 6, through Oct. 31, 2022. And new this year: members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club may purchase tickets to their own Oogie Boogie Bash night on Sept. 10 during D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event.

Every night from Sept. 2 – Oct. 31, 2022, guests may enjoy the return of the supernatural showcase “Halloween Screams,” a vibrant projection and light show. On weekend nights, “Halloween Screams” will take to the skies with fireworks that are sure to waken the Halloween spirits.** You’ll even be able to view this seasonal nighttime spectacular from several different locations throughout the park, including Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle and in front of “it’s a small world.”

*For additional information, click link above

Salt & Straw Temporarily Discontinues Ice Cream Flights at Disney Springs

Previously, ice cream flights were offered for $14.75 and included four scoops of whatever flavor ice cream you’d like. It was an insane deal and one that we’re guessing Salt & Straw is rethinking given the fact that a flight was nearly 50% off of comparable single scoop pricing. The change is said to be temporary.
Almost $15 for 4 scoops of ice cream being an "insane deal" is absolutely bonkers to me. I've paid less for four pints of Haagen Dazs and Ben and Jerry's and that stuff isn't cheap.

Wilderness Lodge Construction Permit Filed

Disney has filed a permit for construction work at the address of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, a likely precursor to the long awaited villa refurbishment.
On June 3, 2022, a permit was recorded for "general construction" at 801 Timberlane, the location of the Wilderness Lodge's original Disney Vacation Club timeshare development. While the permit description is vague, it matches what we normally see on permits for such renovations. Additionally the contractor listed on the permit--New Horizons Construction Services--is the same firm who renovated the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa back in late 2021.

As for the start date of the work, that remains unclear. In preparing for the Grand Floridianrefurbishment, Disney filed permits back in July 2021. Work did not actually begin until 4 months later.

Almost $15 for 4 scoops of ice cream being an "insane deal" is absolutely bonkers to me. I've paid less for four pints of Haagen Dazs and Ben and Jerry's and that stuff isn't cheap.
Location. Location. Location.

Hot dogs are $7 a piece at an NFL or MLB stadium. During the pre-season, they put them on an 'insane deal' of only $2.

I can make them for 50 cents each at home. (Pre-covid 20 cents!)

Just reinforcing to me that I really don't need to go back anytime soon. I just spent two weeks in France (including about a week in Paris) and nothing was anywhere near that expensive. The most expensive meal we had was at the airport in Boston on the way out.
Agreed. I did a 2 week trip to Japan before the pandemic and all of my meals were nowhere near Disney prices. The hotels I stayed at were around the price of a moderate but were nicer than any deluxe and had way more amenities. I won't pretend that the flights to and from Tokyo weren't super expensive but everything else wasn't too bad.

Paradise Pier Hotel Gets a California Adventure Entrance

Paradise-pier-walkway-gate-scaled.jpg

Guests MUST have a Paradise Hotel key card to access the path.

paradise-pier-key-card-gate-scaled.jpg

The new path wraps around the south wing of the Grand Californian and joins the existing sidewalk near Goofy’s Sky School.

paradise-pier-walkway_post-gate-scaled.jpg

After the sidewalk passes the Grand’s BBQ Patio the signed trail will bear right to an entrance queue.

CA_park-Gate-scaled.jpg

The queue line forms in the area shown below. And just like that, welcome to California Adventure!
So great! But there goes the semi cost effective on site hotel at DLR!

Agreed. I did a 2 week trip to Japan before the pandemic and all of my meals were nowhere near Disney prices. The hotels I stayed at were around the price of a moderate but were nicer than any deluxe and had way more amenities. I won't pretend that the flights to and from Tokyo weren't super expensive but everything else wasn't too bad.
My 4 star hotel in Paris (#1 traveler rated on TripAdvisor) with breakfast included was $270 a night for a two person room. You can't even get a moderate resort for that at WDW.

Just reinforcing to me that I really don't need to go back anytime soon. I just spent two weeks in France (including about a week in Paris) and nothing was anywhere near that expensive. The most expensive meal we had was at the airport in Boston on the way out.
I don't think you understand the difference between a CAPTIVE audience and a non-captive audience. If you're in a CAPTIVE area like a theme park, ball park, movie theatre, etc. - the prices will be super high. If you're in a non-captive area (like the streets of Paris), prices will be normal.

Go to the Parc de Princes for a soccer game in Paris, and you'll see that Paris also substantially increases prices when there is a CAPTIVE audience.

My 4 star hotel in Paris (#1 traveler rated on TripAdvisor) with breakfast included was $270 a night for a two person room. You can't even get a moderate resort for that at WDW.
Well, yeah... there's COMPETITION in Paris. It's not just 1 person who owns all the hotels, and can charge what they want. But order room service, and the price is MUCH higher than the pub down the street. Hmmmm... why?

I don't think you understand the difference between a CAPTIVE audience and a non-captive audience. If you're in a CAPTIVE area like a theme park, ball park, movie theatre, etc. - the prices will be super high. If you're in a non-captive area (like the streets of Paris), prices will be normal.

Go to the Parc de Princes for a soccer game in Paris, and you'll see that Paris also substantially increases prices when there is a CAPTIVE audience.
I don't actually care. I care about how far my own dollars are going on my own vacations.
And Disney Springs really isn't a captive audience, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter