Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder if they might be considering dynamic pricing like individual Lightning Lanes now. So they can make Genie+ more expensive on days like Spring Break and Christmas.

I've only been able to buy them day of because I'm an AP. But still something about this whole process just doesn't sit right. Disney is already exhausting. But now you have to stay up until midnight to get your Genie so that it doesn't sell out. Then get to sleep and get back up by 7am to get your first Genie ride of the day so that you get at least one really good ride. At least right now we just get up at 6:40, get Genie, then get our 7am. I definitely see the value in capping the number of people who get Genie. But if you are going to do that, don't open the Genie purchase at midnight and then the first ride selection at 7am. It's just kind of nonsensical.
If you ask me, there's really no reason they can't wait until 8.

Yes, AK opens earlier, but every other park doesn't open before 8.

They could also simply make it that you can't make a selection until the parks opening time each day, which would stagger by park.

If you ask me, there's really no reason they can't wait until 8.

Yes, AK opens earlier, but every other park doesn't open before 8.

They could also simply make it that you can't make a selection until the parks opening time each day, which would stagger by park.
That’s too confusing, especially the way they change the hours around. I have enough trouble getting my selections made in the middle of runDisney races without having to think about the opening time of the park I want to select for.

Disney Junior LIVE On Tour returning this September!

View attachment 669518

Spotify Fans First presale begins tomorrow, May 17, at 10 a.m. local time. Presale for Disney Visa Cardmembers and Disney Junior, Marvel, Spider-Man, and Disney Music Group social media followers (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter) begins Wednesday, May 18 at 10 a.m. local time. Ticketmaster and select venue presales begin Thursday, May 19, at 10 a.m. local time. VIP packages will also be available for pre-show opportunities, including premium seating, exclusive merchandise, and character experiences. Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning Friday, May 20.
This may be a stupid question, but the presale requires an offer code - where can you find those usually?

Grave Diggers Officially Returning as Disney Teases FULL “Boo to You Parade”

Walt Disney World posted a teaser announcement on their Instagram page today, and we were thrilled to see the Grave Diggers featured in the promo.

IMG_6277-e1652892782466-712x1024.jpeg

I think they’re gonna need to adjust the timing on all that. The breakdown above is hastily approaching “not worth the hassle” territory for me
There is also a known glitch in the system that sometimes the app won't let you purchase G+ before the 7am time when you can buy it through choosing the LL for the day. My app wouldn't work for the full week, not with re-installing it or trying it on a different device, so we had to purchase it each day after 7am. Thankfully it didn't really impact our trip/the times we wanted for things, but it was annoying that I couldn't get it before 7am.

There is also a known glitch in the system that sometimes the app won't let you purchase G+ before the 7am time when you can buy it through choosing the LL for the day. My app wouldn't work for the full week, not with re-installing it or trying it on a different device, so we had to purchase it each day after 7am. Thankfully it didn't really impact our trip/the times we wanted for things, but it was annoying that I couldn't get it before 7am.
It’s remarkable how unreliable their IT continues to be. The amount of glitches I’ve had dealing with the the app in planning my June trip is unbelievable

Got my tickets for MNSSHP I can't wait to see the NBC Haunted Mansion theming in person. MK gonna be OTH, especially now that the government has started to legitimize the existence of UAP.

Got my tickets for MNSSHP I can't wait to see the NBC Haunted Mansion theming in person. MK gonna be OTH, especially now that the government has started to legitimize the existence of UAP.

Hi, Yensid. Just so you are aware, they don't do the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at Magic Kingdom, only at Disneyland. There is usually a Jack & Sally meet and It hink it's over near HM. There usually aren't a lot of NBC themed decorations though. I hope that's not too disappointing.

Hi, Yensid. Just so you are aware, they don't do the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at Magic Kingdom, only at Disneyland. There is usually a Jack & Sally meet and It hink it's over near HM. There usually aren't a lot of NBC themed decorations though. I hope that's not too disappointing.

AHH man my kids will be more disappointed than me. They looked it up online but must have been seeing the DL version. My son has been a huge NBC fan since he was little.

AHH man my kids will be more disappointed than me. They looked it up online but must have been seeing the DL version. My son has been a huge NBC fan since he was little.

Yeah, sorry. They do it at Disneyland, and it runs from late September through early January. It is available all day, not jsut for parties, because the changes are extensive. It is pretty cool. There should be a special Jack & Sally meet and greet at MNSSHP, but it's popular so plan for it if you want to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter