Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so want the Elliott popcorn for my sister as Pete's Dragon has always been a favorite of hers. I thought I had read somewhere that they would be selling these through the summer though. Unfortunately, I do not head to DL until September.

As a volunteer firefighter, we always purchase "House" shirts when we travel. Have a lot from various NYC firehouses, as well as philly, newport (RI), DC, etc.

I would LOVE a reedy creek shirt before they go byebye. Outside of calling them (hate to interrupt their day), any ideas of how to get one?

Look on their website for an email. Or see if they have twitter and tweet at them. Plenty of ways to do it without calling.

Hours Extended at All Four Walt Disney World Theme Parks on Select Dates in May

As May brings the unofficial start of summer, guests will have more time to enjoy the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to kick off the season!

The Magic Kingdom will be open from 9 AM to 11 PM from May 8th through the 14th, a two-hour extension from its previous 9 PM closing. Extended Evening Hours for select Walt Disney World Resort Hotel guests will be held at the park from 11 PM to 1 AM on May 11th.

Over at EPCOT, as previews begin for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, the park will operate from 8:30 AM to 9 PM from May 8th-14th, opening a half-hour earlier than its previously-scheduled hours. Early Entry will run for resort hotel guests from 8 AM to 8:30 AM.

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the park will now welcome guests from 8:30 AM to 9 PM May 8th-14th, a half hour earlier than previously announced. Early Entry will be available from 8 AM to 8:30 AM.

Finally, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be open from 7:30 AM to 8:30 PM from May 8th through May 14th, and from 8 AM to 8 PM from May 15th-19th. Previously, the park was scheduled to be open from 9 AM to 7 PM. Early Entry will be offered from 7 AM to 7:30 AM from May 8th through May 14th, and from 7:30 AM to 8 AM from May 15th through the 19th.

I'm gonna get called a heretic but I'm more excited for the sweet&salty mix than the fancy bucket :laughing:

Well, if I get one, you can have the popcorn. It has to be all savory or just caramel for me. No kettle stuff. However, I am not supposed to eat popcorn anyway.

Is it strange that we have zero peeps about any Halloween strategies in WDW yet? Or have I missed something?
Not really I’m sure they are trying to decide what kind of party will make Disney the most money! I’m sure that charging for parking that used to be free and discontinuing the ME and airline check-in service as well as all the other new expenses that wouldn’t necessarily be due to COVID aren’t giving them enough $.🤨

Has anyone heard of any sweepstakes for Guardians of the Galaxy? Normally, there seems to be a sweepstakes to win a trip when a new ride launches. Seems the sweepstakes availability this year is very small.

Has anyone heard of any sweepstakes for Guardians of the Galaxy? Normally, there seems to be a sweepstakes to win a trip when a new ride launches. Seems the sweepstakes availability this year is very small.
I’ve seen a bunch of sweepstakes, but none specifically themed for GotG. I know Box Lunch had one going, Pandora Jewelry had one, Werther’s Caramels had one.

I so want the Elliott popcorn for my sister as Pete's Dragon has always been a favorite of hers. I thought I had read somewhere that they would be selling these through the summer though. Unfortunately, I do not head to DL until September.
for better or for worse, I'm sure ebay will be more than happy to help out with snagging one. :teeth:

good ideas - thank you.

I've got friends that are firefighters. they all say they have 2 modes, in-the-biggest-rush-you-can-imagine, and bored-out-of-their-minds. lol. I'm sure you can call and ask a question without causing too much grief. :teeth:

Light-Up Elliott Popcorn Bucket and Turtle Sipper Float Into Disneyland For the Return of the Main Street Electrical Parade

The Main Street Electrical Parade is back at Disneyland to celebrate its 50th anniversary, and guests can munch and sip with the celebration thanks to a new popcorn bucket and sipper!

Light-Up Elliott Popcorn Bucket — $35.00

Also being sold is an Electric Sweet & Salty Popcorn, which combines colorful kettle corn with butter-flavored popcorn. Without the bucket, the mix sells for $6.75.

main-street-electrical-parade-elliott-popcorn-bucket-3.jpg

main-street-electrical-parade-elliott-popcorn-bucket-4.jpg

You can find the bucket at the popcorn cart outside “it’s a small world.”

main-street-electrical-parade-elliott-popcorn-bucket-2.jpg

Light-Up Turtle Sipper — $29.79

main-street-electrical-parade-turtle-sipper-1.jpg

If you’re thirsty after all that popcorn, there’s also a sipper themed to the turtle float, which we found at Troubadour Tavern.

main-street-electrical-parade-turtle-sipper-6.jpg

* click link for additional pics
I don't know but maybe it's just me but wouldn't it have made more sense to add a 50-year-old parade to a Disney park actually celebrating 50 years! :sad2::mad:

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing-
I understand the no politics things, but it's odd when it's such a major news story.

Have you ever found a place it’s being allowed to be discussed. I understand not wanting it here, but like you said it’s so major and I want to get the inside Disney perspective on things and I can’t find anywhere. Non Disney people in political forums don’t seem to care that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter