• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine - I was JUST doing it though. I am the type who will edit a years-old post of mine if I come across it and notice a mistake.

Why is everyone sitll reading this and not watching Turning Red? Go! Now!

I guarantee that you will be hooked within the first 15 minutes. If you're not, then you can turn it off...and go reassess your life. 😉

Watched it last night and really liked it. I'd put it just below my top tier Pixar films ... for me Toy Story Trilogy (4 is still good but can't compare) / Wall-E / Up. But it's good to see classic Pixar form, and bring on Lightyear!

Disney World Currently Under Tornado Watch

As a line of severe storms sweeps across Florida today, Orange County is under a tornado watch until 11am on March 12. Additionally, the region is under a Wind Advisory until 7pm on March 12.

Following the storms today, there will be a wind chill advisory tomorrow, March 13, from 1am until 9am. The storms today will result in lows in the 30’s on Sunday. It’s likely that outdoor entertainment and attractions will be periodically impacted today.

They do have other food and it is fancy. Indy is not an expensive place to live but a piece of cake there is about $15. Think Cheesecake Factory only more French and frilly. And they have an Afternoon Tea service that is about $60 for finger sandwiches and mini desserts. I guess maybe you can get the desserts carry out but everyone I know goes there for brunches or fancy lunches with girlfriends. It would be a perfect place for Princess character tea parties.
Here is their current menu:

The Cake Bake Shop

Thanks. As I expected, we likely won’t be going there, but maybe the Boardwalk Bakery will get some interesting new stuff once Cake Bake opens. You’re right about the prices…I shudder to think what the prices of a Disney-based location will be like if that’s their regular pricing…

Thanks. As I expected, we likely won’t be going there, but maybe the Boardwalk Bakery will get some interesting new stuff once Cake Bake opens. You’re right about the prices…I shudder to think what the prices of a Disney-based location will be like if that’s their regular pricing…

The Bakery will be no more!! 😞 Quoting the text…

“And with this new sweet spot on the horizon, the BoardWalk Bakery will become a new sandwich shop for guests to enjoy a bite along the water’s edge, joining other current food and beverage locations like BoardWalk Ice Cream.”

I actually put it in Bold in the announcement, since there was a big discussion here about Disney needing a sandwich shop!! I guess they were listening!!!!!

RUMOR: Disney World is Preparing to Bring Back Minnie Van Transportation Service

Now, sources have indicated to BlogMickey.com that Disney is in the process of staffing up to bring the service back to Walt Disney World. Recently, the TSA extended the mask mandate for public transportation, which the Minnie Van service would likely fall under. Sources did not say when the Minnie Van service might resume, but it appears that the TSA will have a revised set of guidelines on April 18th that could allow for the service to come back without masks or restrictions.

RUMOR: Disney World is Preparing to Bring Back Minnie Van Transportation Service

Now, sources have indicated to BlogMickey.com that Disney is in the process of staffing up to bring the service back to Walt Disney World. Recently, the TSA extended the mask mandate for public transportation, which the Minnie Van service would likely fall under. Sources did not say when the Minnie Van service might resume, but it appears that the TSA will have a revised set of guidelines on April 18th that could allow for the service to come back without masks or restrictions.

could that date also mean no Covid tests 24 hours before our flight for us UK guests

This really reminds me of G+: The Sequel

Wean folks off of FP+ ... then charge then for G+

Wean folks off of Magical Express ... then charge for Minnie Van rides to/from MCO airport

Just want to mention this here, since it was recommended earlier and that's cool and all, but....

Before you go watch Turning Red - look it up. I didn't do this. I made the mistake of knowing only that it was a PIXAR film about a girl who turns into a red panda. I then watched it with my early elementary school aged son. My bad.

I felt completely blindsided by some of the subject matter and phrasing that I just was not expecting. I'm only bringing it up here in hopes of helping others not to be caught off guard. My lesson has been learned.

Last edited:
It's fine - I was JUST doing it though. I am the type who will edit a years-old post of mine if I come across it and notice a mistake.

Why is everyone sitll reading this and not watching Turning Red? Go! Now!

I guarantee that you will be hooked within the first 15 minutes. If you're not, then you can turn it off...and go reassess your life. 😉

I watched it earlier this evening with my 3 girls, even the 3 1\2 had a good time!

Just want to mention this here, since it was recommended earlier and that's cool and all, but....

Before you go watch Turning Red - look it up. I didn't do this. I made the mistake of knowing only that it was a PIXAR film about a girl who turns into a red panda. I then watched it with my early elementary school aged son. My bad.

It's not a terrible movie, but I felt completely blindsided by some of the subject matter and phrasing that I just was not expecting. I'm only bringing it up here in hopes of helping others not to be caught off guard. My lesson has been learned.
We watched it before showing ds and won’t be showing it to him. He’s only 22 months though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter