Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC News:

Aulani Resort’s Signature Dining Experience, ‘AMA‘AMA, Returns with New, Locally Inspired Menu

We are so excited to welcome you and your ‘ohana back to our signature oceanside restaurant, ‘AMA‘AMA, beginning Oct. 14, at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa!

The newly reimagined fine-dining experience features a delicious four-course, prix fixe dinner menu. Each course pays homage to the spirit of Hawai‘i, with unique flavors, high-quality ingredients and locally sourced fish and produce. The menu, created by the talented Chef De Cuisine Nicholas Amoriello, is almost completely gluten-free, with a plant-based option available for every course to ensure every type of dietary need can experience the very best of Hawai‘i’s flavors!

runDisney unveils Winners Medal for Castaway Cay Challenge in January 2023

Today, Disney unveiled the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Castaway Cay Challenge medal for those participating in the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend this January.

What makes this medal unique is it is a spinner medal. It rotates from the Marathon Weekend 2023 30th Anniversary Logo and a Disney cruise ship set against an orange sunset.

1664836365739.png

1664836409641.png

The sold out Disney Castaway Cay Challenge starts at 7:00 a.m. EST on Thursday, January 12, 2023. Guests who are participating in the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by State Farm and booked on the January 9, 2023 four night Disney Wish Bahamian cruise are eligible to participate in the 5K run. The run will take place on the Monday after the marathon weekend.

UPDATE:

Damaged Keystone Clothiers Facade Boarded Up at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

The portion of the Keystone Clothiers facade that sustained damage last week has been boarded up as it awaits repairs. Here’s a look at the current work .

I saw the facade fall. My husband and I happened to be walking up Sunset Blvd heading towards Grand Ave. I didn’t see anyone run into the entryway but I did see one portion of the facade on top of the entryway fall. There was someone sitting on a bench close to the entryway but thankfully, they were not hit with any debris. It did make a loud crash.

Last edited:
Disney After Hours Now On Sale to Select Guests

Disney After Hours returns to Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2023, and starting today, select guests can purchase tickets to the event.

Starting October 4th, Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests can purchase tickets for Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. General availability for ticket purchases will open to all guests on October 7th.

Disney After Hours Now On Sale to Select Guests

Disney After Hours returns to Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2023, and starting today, select guests can purchase tickets to the event.

Starting October 4th, Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests can purchase tickets for Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. General availability for ticket purchases will open to all guests on October 7th.
Got mine for HS on 2/22 and MK on 2/27. The theme for my runDisney Princess Weekend trip is apparently: Sleep is for the Weak 😆😆😆

Construction Continues for Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course Reimagining in Walt Disney World

Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course is in the middle of a reimagining at Walt Disney World, and today we were able to see some of its progress.

Disney's Magnolia Golf Course

Disneyland News:

Disney Genie+ Now Includes PhotoPass Lenses at Disneyland Resort

Guests who purchase Disney Genie+ at the Disneyland Resort will now have access to PhotoPass Lenses, starting today. Here’s the announcement from Disney:

In addition to unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital downloads, audio tales and the ability to select the next available Lightning Lane entry window, one at a time, for select attractions**, the purchase of Disney Genie+ service now includes access to Disney PhotoPass Lenses in the Disneyland app*** – some of which are unique to Disneyland Resort! Initially launched at Walt Disney World Resort in collaboration with Snap, these interactive photo moments immerse you in Disney stories and make your park memories even more magical. The video below shows how you can take an underwater photo with Marlin and Dory, pose with Grogu and more using augmented reality.

Disneyland News:

Car Locator Coming to Disneyland App Later This Month

This complimentary feature, presented by State Farm, will use Location Services to find and save your parking information at the Mickey & Friends parking structure, Pixar Pals parking structure, Toy Story parking area and Simba parking lot. It works best when you enable Location Services, Bluetooth technology and Notifications on your mobile device, but if you don’t have Location Services on, you can manually enter your parking details. Either way, it’s a helpful reminder at the end of the day!

Aulani News:

Up to 35% Discount Available for Disney Visa Cardmembers at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawai’i

Disney Visa Cardmembers are now eligible for up to 35% off at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, in Hawai’i. The discount is valid on most travel dates between January 5 and March 30, 2023.

Ocean View or Partial Ocean View Rooms​

• Save 35% for stays of 5 or more nights
  • Save 30% for stays of 4 nights

Standard View, Island Garden View, or Poolside Garden View Rooms​

• Save 30% for stays of 5 or more nights
  • Save 25% for stays of 4 nights

To get the discount, the Cardmember must book using their Disney Visa, mention the offer when booking, and stay in the room.
The offer can be booked by calling the Disneyland Resort Travel Sales Center at (866) 443-4763.

Pirates of the Caribbean Facing Extended Downtime at Magic Kingdom

On behalf of the entire team at Magic Kingdom Park, I’d like to apologize that Pirates of the Caribbean is currently unavailable. Our Cast Members are working diligently to get the attraction up and running again, and we are sorry you are not able to experience this attraction at this time. I hope you will enjoy some of our other attractions during your experience in the park today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter