• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney movies you would like to see rebooted

Chronicles of Prydian. They've been sitting on the rights for decades and afraid to do anything cause Black Cauldron(which combined 3 books within an hour & half) didn't do well. With Hobbit & LOTR movies being big & a family fantasy film franchise hole to be filled since Harry Potter ended, a 5 movie franchise would do well.

It would probably be considered blasphemy but I'd like to see reboots/remakes of the Walt era princess films. :duck: The gist of the movies are great but they haven't aged very well due to the dull characters, especially the lead females .Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella rarely do anything except sit around and wait for their love interests and/or the supporting characters to solve all the problems. They don't all have to be "gung-ho wipe out an entire army by yourself" characters like Mulan but characters more similar to Belle, Ariel, Meg, or Esmeralda would be much more interesting than the "Someday My Prince Will Come but until then I'll just clean the house and hope the Wicked Queen doesn't bump me off in the meantime" types.

The Black Hole or 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea!
Honorable mentions to Dragonslayer and Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Couldn't agree more. I can't even keep count of how many times I have read this fascinating fable. And its high time someone does a proper reboot!
Same. I'm kind of "eh" on the Disney movie because I think the book is so fantastic and the movie just doesn't capture that. And I don't like Peter Lorre. I love the design of the Nautilus though.

im probably gonna get flamed for this, maybe, dunno if anyone is with me....

Pirates... please reboot, the first film really good, the imagery that was similar to the ride awesome, good film, the second one was meh... okay.... by the third... i pretent the third dosnt exist its like they ran out of ideas...

i love the undead pirates... very cool, davey jones i didnt mind, when they began to tell his story and the whole calypso thing... meh...

the last film the fourth i thought went back to what pirates started to be...

turning poor turner into the davey jones captain was very .... crap... his dad didnt want piracy for him, you would have thought that the ending would be him free with elizabeth not tied to the ship and having to leave her behind...

whilst i thought the whole jack being eaten and the idea of him going to davey jones locker... that just got silly the whole rocking the boat to turn it over? really lol

i would have liked the film series to have taken a different route, a good cast but just story wise i thought the origonal trillogy lacked.

i hope this new series there going into takes a better storyline.

The Ugly Dachshund
Pete's Dragon
Swiss Family Robinson
Cat From Outer Space
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes & Bedknobs and Broomsticks... although I don't know how these could be done well in this day and age - those movies are a little dated :confused3

If we're going to reboot the 60s live action films, I have to insist that Kurt Russell be involved.

Not Disney per se, but I'd like to see a faithful adaptation of On Stranger Tides. Disney bought the rights and made a movie about Blackbeard searching for the fountain of youth, but that's where the similarities end. The book was so much better.

It would probably be considered blasphemy but I'd like to see reboots/remakes of the Walt era princess films. :duck: The gist of the movies are great but they haven't aged very well due to the dull characters, especially the lead females .Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella rarely do anything except sit around and wait for their love interests and/or the supporting characters to solve all the problems. They don't all have to be "gung-ho wipe out an entire army by yourself" characters like Mulan but characters more similar to Belle, Ariel, Meg, or Esmeralda would be much more interesting than the "Someday My Prince Will Come but until then I'll just clean the house and hope the Wicked Queen doesn't bump me off in the meantime" types.

Agree 100%!

I am not a big fan of the older Disney princesses because they don't do anything! Ariel and Belle are much better. Belle is my favorite princess because she is very independent and smart and goes out and changes the world!

In a way you'll actually get your wish later this year when Maleficent comes out. :maleficen Other studios besides Disney already took on the other princesses in Ever After and Snow White and the Woodsman.

In a way you'll actually get your wish later this year when Maleficent comes out. :maleficen Other studios besides Disney already took on the other princesses in Ever After and Snow White and the Woodsman.

Speaking for myself, live action and animation are different. I can't compare those movies listed to the Disney originals.

For me it might be cool if Disney made animations with the Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella having to rescue their princes instead of being saved by them.

disneylovin24 said:
Speaking for myself, live action and animation are different. I can't compare those movies listed to the Disney originals.

For me it might be cool if Disney made animations with the Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella having to rescue their princes instead of being saved by them.

I think you've hit on the key. Most people don't equate live action tv or movies with the animated originals so Disney gets a free pass on reinventing characters in Once Upon a Time, Maleficent, and the new Cinderella. If they did animated versions people would howl. Expect to see reboots of many animated tales in live action, but not animation.

Yeah I know; that's why I said in a way.

Believe me, I've seen these more than a few times and I know the ladies could use some better action scenes. Remember Shrek the Third, when told to do whatever they usually do to get out of trouble, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty both lay down and go to sleep?

But their princes don't have it much better. Well Phillip does get to slay a dragon, but the other two didn't even get names (unless Charming counts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter