Disney Military offer is back

This could be great for our upcoming trip. My dad served 4 years in the army in the 1950s.

I have a few questions

What kind of documentation is needed? My dad just got veterans license plates and used some document with a letter or number code (can't remember what it was). I am hoping that would suffice.

Where are "Us military sales outlets" is there one on WDW property?

Thanks

Kristi391 said:
This could be great for our upcoming trip. My dad served 4 years in the army in the 1950s.

I have a few questions

What kind of documentation is needed? My dad just got veterans license plates and used some document with a letter or number code (can't remember what it was). I am hoping that would suffice.

Thanks

They have to be either active duty or retired. Your dad is just a veteran. My husband served 12 yrs, but did not retire so we can not do this also.

Drew9780 said:
They have to be either active duty or retired. Your dad is just a veteran. My husband served 12 yrs, but did not retire so we can not do this also.

Thanks for the info. That stinks...oh well it was worth a shot. :-) Guess I will have to look for some other money saving options!

The Shades of Green Resort usually offer discounts for veterans during the months of January and September. The veteran does have be the one to check in and provide proof of service by showing their DD214. The Shades of Green resort is very nice. It is not run by Disney but by the military. Here is the pdf with more information: http://www.shadesofgreen.org/SalutetoVeteransPDF.pdf
I believe you can purchase discount tickets too but I am not certain. Great benefit for veterans.

"U.S. Military Sales Outlets" are MWR/ITT offices on U.S. military bases, worldwide (to include the ticket office inside Shades of Green on WDW).

The advantage of buying from MWR/ITT for the consumer is no added sales tax (as compared to buying them at the gate at WDW/DL) -- another advantage is your local base's recreation programs gets a small cut of any profits/commissions made from the sale.

I would love to say thank you to Disney for their wonderful Military discounts that they have given us over the years. Although we are not using the discount this trip due to free dining, I know that we will be using it again in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter