Disney Members Cruise

lorie13

Mouseketeer
We have not been on a Disney cruise in years and are looking to go again in Summer of 2024. Is it worth trying to book the DVC Members Only cruise in June? Is there anything special about it besides it is only DVC members?
Not planning on using points for this cruise.

We have not been on a Disney cruise in years and are looking to go again in Summer of 2024. Is it worth trying to book the DVC Members Only cruise in June? Is there anything special about it besides it is only DVC members?
Not planning on using points for this cruise.
That one is for members only but it's not a Member Cruise in that there aren't going to be special activities or gifts. I am curious about the pricing for that 1 so if anyone knows, please spell the beans!

Love to know the pricing also and how it compares to the other summer cruises.

Email from DVC just dropped in my inbox today. While no hint of pricing or points needed, it looks like at least one person in the party must book using points. And those points must have been purchased directly from Disney.

• As this Member-Exclusive Voyage to Lighthouse Point is part of the Disney Collection exchange, one person in the travel party must be paid for using only Reservation Points. Other members of the travel party can be paid for using cash. (Reservation Points and cash cannot be combined to pay for an individual Guest.)
  • Effective March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their Ownership Interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those Vacation Points to make reservations for the Member-Exclusive Voyage.

Email from DVC just dropped in my inbox today. While no hint of pricing or points needed, it looks like at least one person in the party must book using points. And those points must have been purchased directly from Disney.

• As this Member-Exclusive Voyage to Lighthouse Point is part of the Disney Collection exchange, one person in the travel party must be paid for using only Reservation Points. Other members of the travel party can be paid for using cash. (Reservation Points and cash cannot be combined to pay for an individual Guest.)
  • Effective March 21, 2011, Members who do not purchase their Ownership Interests directly from Disney will not be able to use those Vacation Points to make reservations for the Member-Exclusive Voyage.
Missed that part of needing to use points. I guess if does not come in less than the other cruises, it may make more sense to just book a cash reservation on a different cruise.
By my guess, it looks like the value of points is about $10/point. Unless someone else has done better math.

Last edited:
We have done 1 DVC Members cruise (as opposed to the DVC Members exclusive cruise where there are no gifts) back in 2009. It was fantastic. We were warned to take an empty suitcase with us to bring home all the gifts they give you. We didn't heed that advise and ended up having to buy a very expensive Disney suitcase on board to get it all home (since there were 5 of us in the cabin, we got 5 of everything). We also got to see the world premier of the remastered Snow White on the Funnel Vision screen, and everyone on board got an exclusive pin commemorating the event. We would love to do it again, but they are more expensive and sell out very fast.

Any other difference for a DVC Members cruise vs a DVC Members Exclusive cruise. Is it only the gifts in the room?

Any other difference for a DVC Members cruise vs a DVC Members Exclusive cruise. Is it only the gifts in the room?
I think that is the main difference. There may be others, but they really load you up on stateroom gifts. And its not just some luggage tags. We got 5 really nice faux stained glass Mickey Mouse clocks, 5 mini suitcases filled with DVC merch. and some other things that I don't remember right now. A new gift every night.

The DVC cruise to Lighthouse Bay is not a member's cruise, so there will be no gifts. It's a charter for one of the first ships to go to Lighthouse Bay. The European cruise is the member's cruise with all the gifts and special events onboard.

I think that is the main difference. There may be others, but they really load you up on stateroom gifts. And its not just some luggage tags. We got 5 really nice faux stained glass Mickey Mouse clocks, 5 mini suitcases filled with DVC merch. and some other things that I don't remember right now. A new gift every night.
And there are Disney celebrities aboard hosting panels and special presentations. I'd say that's the bigger difference, the special programing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter