Disney MagicMobile Service is Here!

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Coming Soon: Disney MagicMobile Service, A Convenient New Way to Experience Walt Disney World Resort

Launching in phases starting later this year, Disney MagicMobile service is a convenient and contactless way to access MagicBand features like theme park entry through the power of your iPhone, Apple Watch or other smart device. Guests will be able to create a Disney MagicMobile pass through the My Disney Experience app and add it to their smart device’s digital wallet. It works like magic – most features will be available by just holding up your smart device near an access point, just like you do with a MagicBand. Disney MagicMobile service and its features will roll out first on Apple devices.

Could be nice good if it works well, or it could be like much of other Disney IT (MDE or their website anyone?)
An ability to recharge your phone is almost mandatory now with everything working off your phone.
At least the Apple group can work out the bugs before it come to Android.

So, I always find value in companies that try to integrate into technology we all already have and I do love my apple watch. But until the change over can do everything its predecessor could do, I'll stick with the magic band.

Can my watch work with ride photos?
What about my younger kids?

Watch can't open hotel door, have to use the app for that.

I'm sure it will all work smoothly (or at least Disney's version of "smoothly") at some point. I'll adopt then.

This isn't a complaint, just an observation.

I like the direction they are going in.

Reading the comments so far and it appears that some people think this will replace/eliminate magic bands. I don't read that from the article at all. It sounds like this is just another option to use if you want.

Reading the comments so far and it appears that some people think this will replace/eliminate magic bands. I don't read that from the article at all. It sounds like this is just another option to use if you want.

I didn’t read them as such. I think most just feel it’s more convenient to use the band. I just think at some point, they will no longer be necessary.

Last edited:
So, I always find value in companies that try to integrate into technology we all already have and I do love my apple watch. But until the change over can do everything its predecessor could do, I'll stick with the magic band.

Can my watch work with ride photos?
What about my younger kids?

Watch can't open hotel door, have to use the app for that.

I'm sure it will all work smoothly (or at least Disney's version of "smoothly") at some point. I'll adopt then.

This isn't a complaint, just an observation.

I like the direction they are going in.
The Apple watch has NFC, Bluetooth and Wifi, all of which would be used with the right software to do everything a band can do. Hopefully, it will all work perfectly. I'll wait for some reviews.

If they are doing it via a pass that you add to your apple wallet, it sounds like you'll have to bring that up to use it each time. While that's no problem when paying for something via Apple Pay, I don't know if I want to be scrambling for that pass every time I need to do something in the parks. The magic band was just always there and if you got the puck holders that attached to your watch band, you didn't have to wear two things.

Having another option people can use will be great, but when it comes to things like this, most people will chose the option that requires the least amount of effort.

the thing I dislike about this, is that we will be traveling from Canada, I've heard wifi at Disney is very unreliable, to add a US data package to our phones for length of stay is VERY expensive (our phone plans are a joke compared to what you guys get in the states) and you get very little data, so that worries me!

While I can see how this will be good for folks who are attached to their phone or have a smart watch, I'll be sticking to a MB for now. Maybe someday I'll make enough money and be able to justify the cost of a smart watch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter