• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic October 10,2022 Halloween Cruise to Canada & Maine

Hi everyone, Words you never want to hear on a cruise ship... "Bravo, bravo, bravo; red party, red party, red party....". Gave us a little fright the first night around 2am. But in all, the whole cruise was wonderful.. The staff and fellow passengers were all very nice. The Magic is still our favorite ship. It will be missed not being in NYC next year.

Last edited:
Would love to hear how everyones trip went when you return. We are booked for this sailing next year. It is a 4 night. It is only stopping in one port Saint John, New Brunswick on our sailing with 2 sea days so like to hear how your shore excursions went and which ones you did. We are thinking of doing the Maple Sugar Shack and Brunch excursion if anyone is doing it this sailing.
One item of note, I think at all three ports the ship was ~60 minutes late or more disembarking, so they adjusted the return time at one port and obviously shifted all the Disney excursions to match, but if you're doing things on your own like we were that's something to take into consideration, the possibility of it taking a little longer than average since they are infrequent ports for Disney (edit: or it could have been weather related as described below, but the cruise director indicated it was the shore authorities during his all clear announcements). We rented cars (the electric GEM vehicles at Bar Harbor, Avis at the other two within .5 miles of the ship) and they didn't care when we showed up so we had no issues there.

Last edited:
One item of note, I think at all three ports the ship was ~60 minutes late or more disembarking, so they adjusted the return time at one port and obviously shifted all the Disney excursions to match, but if you're doing things on your own like we were that's something to take into consideration, the possibility of it taking a little longer than average since they are infrequent ports for Disney. We rented cars (the electric GEM vehicles at Bar Harbor, Avis at the other two within .5 miles of the ship) and they didn't care when we showed up so we had no issues tthe

The heavy fog approaching and in/around Bar Harbor was the cause of the delay. Plus the fog delayed the tendering operations once in port.

And there was heavy fog through the night when traveling to Halifax too.

The delays were weather related.

I didn't think there was much of a delay in St. John.

Last edited:
Hello. I happened to be in Bar Harbor/Acadia when the magic was in port. The Disney Magic in the Fog was really neat, so I thought someone might enjoy this picture.
Taken 12 October 2022 from Dorr Mountain.

Attachments

• IMG_8107.jpg
    IMG_8107.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 12
Hello. I happened to be in Bar Harbor/Acadia when the magic was in port. The Disney Magic in the Fog was really neat, so I thought someone might enjoy this picture.
Thank you. Very nice picture of the Magic.

That is VERY cool!! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter