• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic October 10,2022 Halloween Cruise to Canada & Maine

Hi there!

We booked this cruise last month, pretty late for when we normally book cruises. But a friend of ours mentioned it and since it checks off a couple "travel wish list items" we decided to go for it! This will be our 12th DCL cruise, but only our 2nd time on the Magic. We've booked a couple days pre-cruise in NYC and will be going to see a couple Broadway shows. Really looking forward to seeing the East Coast fall colors we've heard so much about (we're from CA).

Jane
My aunt will be flying out from California too. We are still debating on extending the vacation due to my work schedule. I’m excited to see the fall colors. According to what I’ve researched, the second week of October is the peak time.

Hi everyone! We are excited for our cruise. We have two cabins for us, our three year old twins and my parents. Anyone know if a Fish Extender group has been made? This is our first Disney cruise, but I had read about the exchange and thought it would be fun for my family. thanks!

Hi everyone! We are excited for our cruise. We have two cabins for us, our three year old twins and my parents. Anyone know if a Fish Extender group has been made? This is our first Disney cruise, but I had read about the exchange and thought it would be fun for my family. thanks!
I think because of Covid, they aren’t doing fish extenders at this time.

Hi everyone! This will be my first cruise! I’m taking my aunt for her 70th birthday. I was able to book almost everything we wanted to do. T-minus 75 days!

Hi there!

We booked this cruise last month, pretty late for when we normally book cruises. But a friend of ours mentioned it and since it checks off a couple "travel wish list items" we decided to go for it! This will be our 12th DCL cruise, but only our 2nd time on the Magic. We've booked a couple days pre-cruise in NYC and will be going to see a couple Broadway shows. Really looking forward to seeing the East Coast fall colors we've heard so much about (we're from CA).

Jane

Welcome aboard everyone!! :welcome: Glad everyone is so excited for the upcoming cruise. My DH lived his whole life in CA and I lived most of my life in CA We moved to HI 2 years ago, so we will have a very long flight to NYC. We too will be arriving 2 days early to see NYC. I was actually born in New York but only spent the first year of my life there. So excited to see where I was born. BTW, I'm an identical twin. We usually cruise together but my sis isn't coming this time. 👬

Hello everyone! My mother (who will be coming from Japan few days before the embarkation) and I will be on this cruise. We've only done Caribbean cruises on Fantasy before, so very excited to try this itinerary. This is also our first time with Halloween cruise and adult only trip (DH and the 2 teens are staying home).
We've missed the opening sign up day for activities and dining reservation, so most of the things we are interested in seems to be gone now :( I've heard that sometimes I can get Palo reservation on the embarkation day if I have early PAT, but is that true for Port adventures as well? Even if I can get early PAT, Is it impossible to get Palo and Port adventures?
thank you :)

Hello everyone! My mother (who will be coming from Japan few days before the embarkation) and I will be on this cruise. We've only done Caribbean cruises on Fantasy before, so very excited to try this itinerary. This is also our first time with Halloween cruise and adult only trip (DH and the 2 teens are staying home).
We've missed the opening sign up day for activities and dining reservation, so most of the things we are interested in seems to be gone now :( I've heard that sometimes I can get Palo reservation on the embarkation day if I have early PAT, but is that true for Port adventures as well? Even if I can get early PAT, Is it impossible to get Palo and Port adventures?
Yokoso! :welcome: I don't really know the answers to your questions. I was hoping someone else would answer. I never tried getting a Palo reservation on embarkation day but I've heard that it can be done. As for port adventures, I am told to keep checking to see if the activities you want become available. People cancel and it goes back up on the website. Also, I've heard that Disney adds more port adventures sometimes as it gets closer to embarkation day. And you can always ask once you are onboard if there is any availability for the port adventures you are interested in. I hope that helps. 🎎

Yokoso! :welcome: I don't really know the answers to your questions. I was hoping someone else would answer. I never tried getting a Palo reservation on embarkation day but I've heard that it can be done. As for port adventures, I am told to keep checking to see if the activities you want become available. People cancel and it goes back up on the website. Also, I've heard that Disney adds more port adventures sometimes as it gets closer to embarkation day. And you can always ask once you are onboard if there is any availability for the port adventures you are interested in. I hope that helps. 🎎
Thank you :)

I've heard that sometimes I can get Palo reservation on the embarkation day if I have early PAT, but is that true for Port adventures as well? Even if I can get early PAT, Is it impossible to get Palo and Port adventures?
We have booked Palo brunch on most of our cruises on embarkation day. There's a set time they have someone available that day to make reservations, at times in the same room that they do MDR adjustments, other times at Palo proper. Have not attempted port adventures as we're generally doing our own thing.

Hi everyone! If you are interested in being in a Fish Extender group for our Disney Magic Canadian Halloween cruise please sign up. It’s located under the Featured section of the Facebook group: Disney Magic October 10,2022 Halloween cruise to Canada and Maine

We've had luck getting or switching our Palo reservations upon embarkation, but we normally have early PATs. It can't hurt to ask or put your names on a waitlist, even during the cruise people will cancel reservations.

Has anyone had experience using the tender boats in Bar Harbor? We could not get a DCL excursion because we booked late. We want to do an Acadia Tour with a private company, but Im worried we won’t be able to get off the ship in time for 9:30 am meet up in Bar Harbor.

Has anyone had experience using the tender boats in Bar Harbor? We could not get a DCL excursion because we booked late. We want to do an Acadia Tour with a private company, but Im worried we won’t be able to get off the ship in time for 9:30 am meet up in Bar Harbor.
Hi. We tendered in 2019, It does take a some time to get off the ship. The passengers with scheduled excursion through DCL will have priority. Acadia National Park is very easy to tour on your own, and we are planning to tour that way, like we did in 2019.

Hi. We tendered in 2019, It does take a some time to get off the ship. The passengers with scheduled excursion through DCL will have priority. Acadia National Park is very easy to tour on your own, and we are planning to tour that way, like we did in 2019.
Thanks ! I read that after Columbus Day park buses don’t run. Are u renting a car? Acadia is a big part of the reason for the trip for us. Hope we get there !

Thanks ! I read that after Columbus Day park buses don’t run. Are u renting a car? Acadia is a big part of the reason for the trip for us. Hope we get there !
Yikes! We didn't know buses stopped running after 10/10/2022. Onto plan B..... Thank you for the heads up.

Yikes! We didn't know buses stopped running after 10/10/2022. Onto plan B..... Thank you for the heads up.
Not only do the buses stop running after 10/10/2022, you can't rent a car unless you go far out of town like the airport. I too was planning on going to Acadia National Park and read that it was easy to do on your own but no buses and no cars. Maybe rent some bikes.🤷‍♀️

Not only do the buses stop running after 10/10/2022, you can't rent a car unless you go far out of town like the airport. I too was planning on going to Acadia National Park and read that it was easy to do on your own but no buses and no cars. Maybe rent some bikes.🤷‍♀️
There are a few private tour companies still running, but there is another cruise ship in port with @3900 passengers, so many tours are full. I was nervous about afternoon ones because of a delay getting back to the ship. So too early and as non DCL excursion you have to wait for a tender and risk missing it and then later in the afternoon and risk missing the ship- lol. Bar Harbor itself looks pretty so I guess walking around is an option.

There are a few private tour companies still running, but there is another cruise ship in port with @3900 passengers, so many tours are full. I was nervous about afternoon ones because of a delay getting back to the ship. So too early and as non DCL excursion you have to wait for a tender and risk missing it and then later in the afternoon and risk missing the ship- lol. Bar Harbor itself looks pretty so I guess walking around is an option.
We were able to book a private tour of Acadia this morning for 4 people. The tour starts at 11am and returns around 2:30pm. I am thinking this will us give plenty of time to get off and back onto the Magic. The other ship in port is the Norwegian Breakaway. It seems this ship will be following us to St John and Halifax too.

We were able to book a private tour of Acadia this morning for 4 people. The tour starts at 11am and returns around 2:30pm. I am thinking this will us give plenty of time to get off and back onto the Magic. The other ship in port is the Norwegian Breakaway. It seems this ship will be following us to St John and Halifax too.
Glad to hear you got a tour. We looked harder after reading your post and got one at 11 am. It’s the perfect time ! Thanks for mentioning it. I had only seen Acadia National Park Tours before and they were earlier. The trolley company has much better times . We won’t have to stress the tender boat situation and can fit in touring downtown after. Interesting that the ships will shadow each other. The ports will know we are coming and have be ready.

We are from Cinnaminson NJ - seeing Malvern in your id - we are kinda neighbors .

Glad to hear you got a tour. We looked harder after reading your post and got one at 11 am. It’s the perfect time ! Thanks for mentioning it. I had only seen Acadia National Park Tours before and they were earlier. The trolley company has much better times . We won’t have to stress the tender boat situation and can fit in touring downtown after. Interesting that the ships will shadow each other. The ports will know we are coming and have be ready.

We are from Cinnaminson NJ - seeing Malvern in your id - we are kinda neighbors .
Yes, neighbors. Cinnaminson is not very far. Glad to hear you got a tour too. We booked with Acadia National Park Tours, for a 11am. It was the third tour company we tried. We did this cruise in 2019, looking forward to being back on the Magic. Bar Harbor was the highlight, except for ship itself. Halifax will be new for us.

Hey all! We are on the cruise too. What does being a tender in Bar Harbor means? I'm particularly worried because we have booked a lobster boat tour which will finish at 4:30pm. The ship leaves at 5:45pm. It'll only be a 35 min walk back to the ship, so if we arrive at the ship at 5:05pm, will we be able to get onto it before it leaves 40 min later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter