Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm on 116 right now and only missed one weekly reward. I've gotten every bit of happiness from daily and the other weeklies as well as from all the mini-events. If they miscalculated this badly, that's terrible.

Someone on Reddit put a chart together and they say a player needs to be at level 110 today to get to 150 by October 11.
I hope Reddit is correct, I am at 114.

Just closed to 120. I seem to recall receiving one decoration chest hidden daily in the park. Now that I have a weekly task of opening 5 decoration chests, I haven't received one in three days to open the fifth chest. And that's the final weekly task left before Thursday.

Just closed to 120. I seem to recall receiving one decoration chest hidden daily in the park. Now that I have a weekly task of opening 5 decoration chests, I haven't received one in three days to open the fifth chest. And that's the final weekly task left before Thursday.
I believe that is the most difficult weekly task to complete without gems. I don't think I finished that one in a week.

I submitted a ticket on August 22 about not getting chests or gem videos. There was zero answer...until I just checked. An answer came through on August 25. I swear there was no answer as of a week or so ago.

I know this isn't your issue and this is unlikely to help solve your issue, but what I was told: make sure Wi Fi is stable; close background apps; power off my device; re-install the game.
Unfortunately I play on a kindle fire, and that platform doesn't allow ads for this game. It's weird because I play other games on the kindle that do have video ads available, so there must be some disagreement over the ad revenue between gameloft and amazon. Gameloft's response to my complaint is to play on a different platform, which isn't terribly helpful. They blame Amazon and say I just have to deal with missing the 67 happiness every day.

I can't help but wonder if the random gift of happiness today was because someone at Gameloft realized that it was going to be mathematically impossible to hit Level 150 with the amount of happiness they had doled out and had planned to dole out. I've gotten literally every bit of happiness available from every daily, weekly and event task so far (and the mini-event milestones) and I'm at level 118, so it's going to be close
Remember that we received 1500 happiness over the course of the three tapper events, and will receive 200 more by the end of the month from the calendar. That's 1700 towards completion of the 150th level. I ended my day at 122, and tomorrow our tasks reset. I'm not too worried about this one.

I am at 109 and have finished all daily and weekly tasks with the exception of half of the first week.

Is anyone swapping a weekly task an getting a tougher task that rewards more happiness?

I am at 109 and have finished all daily and weekly tasks with the exception of half of the first week.

Is anyone swapping a weekly task an getting a tougher task that rewards more happiness?

It doesn't work like that. When you swap weekly tasks, you'll get one that offers the same amount of happiness (although as we've seen some tasks at the same happiness level are easier than others).

Looks like there's a whole lot more Event Tasks for happiness this time around. Maybe it's just my imagination...I dunno.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I did not buy the event premium character (with gems). Normally, I save my gems specifically for the event premiums, but if I am only playing until Christmas, I want to spend them on a character I like, and not a movie I haven't watched.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I did not buy the event premium character (with gems). Normally, I save my gems specifically for the event premiums, but if I am only playing until Christmas, I want to spend them on a character I like, and not a movie I haven't watched.

I for one am not spending my gems on any of these characters. Not sure I am quitting but seriously considering stopping. The only other character I don’t have is from Pirates of the Caribbean, as I did not care much for that movie, and did not want to use my gems. So this will be only the second time I did not get gem character.

I for one am not spending my gems on any of these characters. Not sure I am quitting but seriously considering stopping. The only other character I don’t have is from Pirates of the Caribbean, as I did not care much for that movie, and did not want to use my gems. So this will be only the second time I did not get gem character.
If you asked me under the threat of torture, I wouldn't be able to name the gem character. Or any of them, for that matter. Ridiculous subject for an event.

I actually have seen Turning Red two times. Once when it first came out on Disney+ and then the second time on the Dream back in May. What intrigued me was the Red Panda angle. I thought the movie was really cute and I enjoyed it both times. While this is a newer Pixar movie, I can understand why some people just aren't as into it as others.

Is Turning Red my favorite movie? No. Did we watch it and enjoy it? Yes. So, I guess, why am I participating in the event?

Three reasons:

(1) there is a ton of happiness up for grabs with the event. At the end of the season, I want to know I did everything possible to get Dug at tier 150 and didn't leave anything on the table, so to speak.

(2) I am a completist and want every character from every collection along with every costume, attraction, etc. There's a lot of IP in the game I don't care for, but I still work to get everything from that collection. (The upcoming rumored Hocus Pocus is in that camp...the movie is fine, but I don't think it deserves to be on the level some folks put it on.)

(3) At some point in the future, Turning Red will be the helper or extra character/s in an event or challenge or whatever. If I passed up getting them during the event and I don't have them at that point, I'm going to kick myself in the butt.

Three reasons:

(2) I am a completist and want every character from every collection along with every costume, attraction, etc.
I know I'm missing a few of the costumes that I just didn't care enough to fight for. Do I miss them? Nope. Have I needed them? Nope. I have all of the Halloween costumes, and the idiots over at Gameloft haven't bothered to make these costumes relevant during the Halloween season. Can't remember the last time I needed to put any of the princesses into their pajamas. When was the last time Goofy needed to be in his Easter costume? I didn't bother with any of the Frozen costumes, outside of one that I might have won in a chest.

What started off as a neat idea has fallen into irrelevant shambles.

I know I'm missing a few of the costumes that I just didn't care enough to fight for. Do I miss them? Nope. Have I needed them? Nope. I have all of the Halloween costumes, and the idiots over at Gameloft haven't bothered to make these costumes relevant during the Halloween season. Can't remember the last time I needed to put any of the princesses into their pajamas. When was the last time Goofy needed to be in his Easter costume? I didn't bother with any of the Frozen costumes, outside of one that I might have won in a chest.

What started off as a neat idea has fallen into irrelevant shambles.

Cool beans. Everyone can do what they want and no skin off my nose.

I do hesitate to name call anyone over anything, though.

Cool beans. Everyone can do what they want and no skin off my nose.

I do hesitate to name call anyone over anything, though.
Wasn't calling you anything, sir. Now, the folks at Gameloft, on the other hand...

All I meant was that, even though I started off as a completist, this game has fallen into such disarray that I can no longer justify a compulsive attitude towards it. As the majority of the costumes have proven to be useless, if Gameloft has given up on caring, then why should I?

No harm no foul. Sorry if you took it in any other way.

Honestly, I think the gem purchase of Kevin annoyed me more than having the Turning Red event. I love Up! One of my favorite movies. I hate that I purchased a character that was supposed to help in collecting tokens, and I didn’t get a thing from it except a mad scramble thru all of my fast forwards to only receive two tokens from that character….ever. Just a blatant rip off and that one stung. I wore that bird out! And then I started from zero in collecting gems again.

I’m playing the Turning Red event to get the rewards for the season. It wasn’t my favorite movie at all, but if these characters do more than Kevin I may appreciate this event more than the Up! one. If they actually use these characters in a future event, all the better! They do seem to have more event rewards this time…or maybe I just have a jaded memory of the last event. It truly could be either.

I do wish they would do more with the costumes, pajamas, etc. that we worked to get in the past. It seems odd to have a building housing those wardrobes that only functions as a wardrobe museum of sorts now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter