Disney Magic Kingdoms

Huh. I forced it on the app store and it downloaded and I can play it now on my iPhone. I guess I should say "for now" since I'm kind of assuming it will break at some point.

Having to search for the character is already a pain. I hope it was an error that will be fixed, although that might be way too optimistic a thought.

Haven't downloaded the update yet... anything I should do beforehand? anything that you wish you'd done first?
Happiness level doesn't matter going into the new update, right?

:-):Do_O:rolleyes2

Happiness doesn't matter, so I did it right away. It's been nice to not have to worry about it. I'm sure the axe will drop tomorrow though.

I avoided collecting all of my happiness and then updated…the images look like they’re the level below Ecstatic now, oddly, but all there ready to collect when whatever nightmare scenario rolls out tomorrow.

I have smiley faces wandering all around my kingdom currently waiting for….something. It has been a royal pain taking the characters in and out of storage to grant these wishes. Oh, and apparently my parade has gone on a gem strike. Haven’t gotten any gems since updating

Eh, I like being able to use characters in storage to grant wishes. It was always annoying to me to have to use a character that's already doing other tasks to stop and grant wishes.

You have to basically complete every single level of the entire Season Pass (non paid version) in order to get Dug. To get Charles Muntz at the Kingdom Pass level (paid version), it is only level 75 (out of 150). Right now, if I start with the happiness, it says I need 120 happiness to get to the next tier. What I don't know is if that is the same amount for each tier or if they will make each tier that much more harder to achieve.

You have to basically complete every single level of the entire Season Pass (non paid version) in order to get Dug. To get Charles Muntz at the Kingdom Pass level (paid version), it is only level 75 (out of 150). Right now, if I start with the happiness, it says I need 120 happiness to get to the next tier. What I don't know is if that is the same amount for each tier or if they will make each tier that much more harder to achieve.
My brain hurts already. They did not make my happiness easier

Eh, I like being able to use characters in storage to grant wishes. It was always annoying to me to have to use a character that's already doing other tasks to stop and grant wishes.
That attribute is positive for those still leveling a lot of characters up, but they really need to fix it so that when you click the character's balloon thingy it takes you right to the character to get it out of storage. The current method is more annoying than I want to use language for on a family board ;P.

Also, these tasks that require you to run certain timed activities? Can we get a list going of known characters for the 24? I'll start:

Cheshire Cat
Mad Hatter
Queen of Hearts
White Rabbit

Donald + Daisy
Donald + Goofy
Donald + Louie
Mickey Mouse
Pete
Pluto

Dewey + Scrooge McDuck
Dewey + Louie
Huey + Louie

Bo Peep + Forky
Bo Peep + Jessie
Bunny + Buzz Lightyear
Bunny + Ducky
Buzz Lightyear
Buzz Lightyear + Zurg
Buzz Lightyear + Space Alien
Rex
Woody
Zurg

Anastasia + Drizella
Cinderella + Fairy Godmother (Requires Princess Fairytale Hall)
Lady Tremaine = Drizella

C-3PO + R2D2

Peter Pan
Peter Pan + Captain Hook
Peter Pan + Michael
Peter Pan + Wendy
John Darling + Michael
Tinkerbell (requires Fantasy Faire)

Kanga + Roo

Finn + Rey

I pulled these from the wiki fandom page (and have added some with the help of other posters), but have stopped for now after Peter Pan.

Last edited:
This
My head hurts too. :rotfl:

Is there any reason at all to play the tower challenge now?
To earn happiness by completing the event tasks!

This is ridiculous. I had always thought they would stop adding new content, and then I would continue to login each day, run parades, open chests to earn enough gems to finish buying all the premium permanent characters I am still missing. Then be done. But it probably won't come to that, I'll quit before. The Angry Birds games I play when I'm on an airplane have these daily tasks, and mostly I just don't do them. I can open and play levels without them. Not this game though. The Daily ones at least seem manageable, and what I was doing anyway. Except I have "throw 2 things in the cauldron," but that is easy enough and I have over 200 of the smallest elixir ingots. Replaces the parade ad as far as the time commitment. But the weekly tasks! I am not going to fiddle around too much with that to get stuff done. I'm not running characters who would normally be at home, just to get happiness and more magic. I did pull a couple buildings out of storage, but that is my limit to my commitment to this.

I'll see how fast we move through these tiers to earn the various gem bonuses (it looks like there are 100 gems per season), but I don't expect to get anywhere near the 150 required for Dug.

What's the 24?

I have to run 12 hour tasks, but not 24.
We don't all have the same tasks. The weekly ones I have in my Windows game and IOS are almost completely different. You can "reroll" one of them for free. Click the arrow to the left of the task. I rerolled the one that said "105 24 hour tasks." (it might have been 105 12 hour, I can't remember)

This new update is at best confusing/annoying and at worst a new subscription fee to enjoy the game. I've been playing this game for 2,202 days (1,542 consecutive), but they finally did it -- I'm out. I'll be moving the app from its prominent position on my phone to the game graveyard folder 6 screens in. Godspeed, players.

That attribute is positive for those still leveling a lot of characters up, but they really need to fix it so that when you click the character's balloon thingy it takes you right to the character to get it out of storage. The current method is more annoying than I want to use language for on a family board ;P.
So, now that I've actually played since the update, I completely agree. Why can't they take you straight to the character to bring them out of storage? I don't want to cycle through over a hundred characters to find the one I need. I think I'm going to ignore this part of the game entirely at this point. I was previously just paying elixirs each day to lock my Happiness down. Now I don't even have to do that.

Well, in my iOS game, 2 of my weekly tasks involved 24 hour tasks. I rerolled one (to do it 42x) only to realize I have another to do it 30x). I am not a fan of the 24 hour tasks when there is an event going on. You have to be careful and figure out who you for sure won't need for the event. This is too much work and brain power for what is supposed to be a free little game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter