Disney Magic Kingdoms

I still need 56. There's no way. On one hand, it's only a costume. On the other hand, it's not a bench and I tend to be a completist. Oh well. On to the two character Rescuers addition.

I still need 56. There's no way. On one hand, it's only a costume. On the other hand, it's not a bench and I tend to be a completist. Oh well. On to the two character Rescuers addition.
Well, we still haven't had a need for Minnie's 50th costume, so I wouldn't count on this being of any use any time soon. If ever.

I went to sleep needing 6 more which I got this morning, now just filling up the empty slots for next time and that’s it for me. Agree with Supernova now we need Minnie’s outfit.

Looking at patch notes- does this mean we should try to convert our decorations/concessions to elixir (and maybe spend it if there are attractions we don’t have) or hold onto it since it looks like decorations will be more rare?

I went to sleep needing 6 more which I got this morning, now just filling up the empty slots for next time and that’s it for me. Agree with Supernova now we need Minnie’s outfit.
I don't even remember when we got Minnie's outfit but I sure do remember the last time it was necessary. Which was never.

I did the same thing with my tokens. Filled them up after my last collection, so now I have three rounds ready to collect next time they do this bird thing.

Looking at patch notes- does this mean we should try to convert our decorations/concessions to elixir (and maybe spend it if there are attractions we don’t have) or hold onto it since it looks like decorations will be more rare?
I never bother with patch notes or live streams, so I'm not sure what they're going to introduce at this point. Normally just wait until it's time to play.

an interesting situation has occurred. I just downloaded the update for iOS. Started the game back up and it appears I am able to start the event and welcome Bernard. Orville is a premium character and is 500 gems. They will probably have a pay option as well for Orville. You will get 12 gems for completely welcoming Bernard and Orville.

Dumbo, The Ringmaster, Pocahontas, Meeko, Pacha, Kronk, Remy, Linguini and Colette seem to collect for Bernard. You need 50 common tokens (Message in a Bottle), 50 Bernard's Cap, 50 Bernard's Ears Hat and 500,000 Magic to welcome Bernard.

Bagheera, Baloo, Mowgli, Michael Darling, Wendy Darling, Timothy Q. Mouse and King Louie collect for Orville.

Last edited:
an interesting situation has occurred. I just downloaded the update for iOS. Started the game back up and it appears I am able to start the event and welcome Bernard. Orville is a premium character and is 500 gems. They will probably have a pay option as well for Orville. You will get 12 gems for completely welcoming Bernard and Orville.

This is disappointing to hear. I am still stuck on the Ratatouille quests because I apparently need FIVE relics to enchant Gustaeu’s or I can’t complete the (hopefully last) quest.

Also, what the hell?! Orville? Or is that Wilbur? Where’s Bianca? She’s kinda important. She’s literally the only Rescue Aid Society member. Bernard is just the janitor. She is literally on the splash screen and the stained glass. Bernard and Bianca are kinda a thing. It’s like having Chip in the game without Dale. The albatross chicken could easily be premium content while including her in the game.

Where’s Bianca? She’s kinda important. She’s literally the only Rescue Aid Society member.
During the livestream about this new update, it was mentioned that this is only the first set of characters coming for The Rescuers. Others will be coming at some later date. There was no mention of who though. But given that the Rescuers float animation showed Bianca, I imagine she will be added. Since The Rescuers is permanent content, by splitting up the characters keeps the main storyline going a bit longer. To just get Bernard is going to be a slog given you need 50 tokens of each item. Most of the tasks are hours long and require two characters. So I have been collecting for Bernard for not quite a day. I am about 25% through his tokens, but did level up Orville once. I imagine other characters are going to be similar. Given that Orville was 500 gems, it is possible that they make another future character a premium one as well. It will take a little time to grow my stash of gems. Speaking of gems, there may be a bug with the update. I did not get prompted last evening to do the ads for gems or for any chests.

And I think I realized why Orville and Wilbur were available after downloading the update. It is because it is permanent content and technically not part of the event that starts tomorrow.

During the livestream about this new update, it was mentioned that this is only the first set of characters coming for The Rescuers. Others will be coming at some later date. There was no mention of who though. But given that the Rescuers float animation showed Bianca, I imagine she will be added. Since The Rescuers is permanent content, by splitting up the characters keeps the main storyline going a bit longer. To just get Bernard is going to be a slog given you need 50 tokens of each item. Most of the tasks are hours long and require two characters. So I have been collecting for Bernard for not quite a day. I am about 25% through his tokens, but did level up Orville once. I imagine other characters are going to be similar. Given that Orville was 500 gems, it is possible that they make another future character a premium one as well. It will take a little time to grow my stash of gems. Speaking of gems, there may be a bug with the update. I did not get prompted last evening to do the ads for gems or for any chests.

1) I thought the main storyline was to unlock park land parcels by restoring magic to the kingdom by defeating Maleficent. It’s been what? 7 years? I don’t have any rooms for the buildings they give me. Why on earth do they think I’d want to buy premium buildings if I can’t even fit the event freebies?

2) While it’s good to hear that Bianca will be included (eventually), It bothers me that they’re throttling content like this. This punishes day one players, not incentivize. Like I said, I still need five ratatouille relics before I can even complete the ratatouille quest line. This means that I can’t even begin to collect for Bernard. How do I get these relics? Slowly win them through chests throughout the years of gameplay? Even people who haven’t been playing that long can’t even begin to collect until the quest starts for them. Did you get yours through purchasing premium content?

3) I had assumed these 500 gem characters were temporary. Main nonevent characters were always pricey, but once upon a time they were 150, and 250 if there were a second event character. Then it was 200 and 300. Now the event characters are 500. The only reason I have almost 700 was because I refused to buy the 500 ones.

1) I thought the main storyline was to unlock park land parcels by restoring magic to the kingdom by defeating Maleficent. It’s been what? 7 years? I don’t have any rooms for the buildings they give me. Why on earth do they think I’d want to buy premium buildings if I can’t even fit the event freebies?

2) While it’s good to hear that Bianca will be included (eventually), It bothers me that they’re throttling content like this. This punishes day one players, not incentivize. Like I said, I still need five ratatouille relics before I can even complete the ratatouille quest line. This means that I can’t even begin to collect for Bernard. How do I get these relics? Slowly win them through chests throughout the years of gameplay? Even people who haven’t been playing that long can’t even begin to collect until the quest starts for them. Did you get yours through purchasing premium content?

3) I had assumed these 500 gem characters were temporary. Main nonevent characters were always pricey, but once upon a time they were 150, and 250 if there were a second event character. Then it was 200 and 300. Now the event characters are 500. The only reason I have almost 700 was because I refused to buy the 500 ones.
I never purchased any chests for the ratatouille relics. I do remember having to wait on them though. Collecting for Bernard is very difficult. I have less than 50 gems at the moment, and won't be spending $14.99 for the Orville bundle. So, I guess I will just have to be patient with one at a time message bottles. Ugh.

Last edited:
I don't know why long-term players are still sweating it over land. Put things away. There are so many buildings out there that are completely useless. Even if you try and do those pointless thrill zone things, you would still have a ton of land unused. But yes, once a character set is completed, just put their buildings away. The only ones I bother with at this point are the ones that are for happiness or help with character tokens. Otherwise, why try to pack every single building into your park? Hell, even the actual parks remove attractions to put up new ones. It's time....

This is disappointing to hear. I am still stuck on the Ratatouille quests because I apparently need FIVE relics to enchant Gustaeu’s or I can’t complete the (hopefully last) quest.

Also, what the hell?! Orville? Or is that Wilbur? Where’s Bianca? She’s kinda important. She’s literally the only Rescue Aid Society member. Bernard is just the janitor. She is literally on the splash screen and the stained glass. Bernard and Bianca are kinda a thing. It’s like having Chip in the game without Dale. The albatross chicken could easily be premium content while including her in the game.
I don't mind that it's only two characters to start, especially since I believe there is a tower challenge starting soon, so I would imagine the main character to try and obtain might be Bianca. Still, this ridiculous two-character introductory set makes me feel that only two of the interns turned in their assignment and so they had to got with what they had available. Seems like a half-hearted effort all the way around.

As for Orville / Wilbur, Orville was the bird in the first film, and Wilbur was introduced in 'Down Under'. Put them together, and you have the Wright Brothers!

The annoying thing about the land, for me, is this: I have to constantly check carefully to see if I have characters that could potentially collect tokens but who aren't showing up as able to when I look at the character book because they aren't wearing the right thing (my peeve about the costumes) or because their attraction is in storage (Gusteau's Kitchen). I find this incredibly annoying, and unnecessary.

I'm ok with waiting for Bianca. I assume they are just trying to get people interested so they will pay for her later on when they make it impossible for many to actually collect her.

I don't know why long-term players are still sweating it over land. Put things away. There are so many buildings out there that are completely useless. Even if you try and do those pointless thrill zone things, you would still have a ton of land unused. But yes, once a character set is completed, just put their buildings away. The only ones I bother with at this point are the ones that are for happiness or help with character tokens. Otherwise, why try to pack every single building into your park? Hell, even the actual parks remove attractions to put up new ones. It's time....

The more buildings you have, the more magic you collect, which is important because I still need to purchase the last parcel for 8million. But by the time I get it, I will have even more buildings

So in looking at this dumb tower challenge…..I literally have nothing to do since I have everything already so I’ll just ignore it. On the flip side, my kids who haven’t been playing as long can work towards Bailey. BUT since they haven’t been playing as long, they don’t have any Nemo characters to help so in some cases, have just one or two who can do anything. So pointless for older players and also pointless for newer players. Got it.
This trend of re-running tower challenges just might take the cake for one of the laziest things they have done to this game.

So in looking at this dumb tower challenge…..I literally have nothing to do since I have everything already so I’ll just ignore it. On the flip side, my kids who haven’t been playing as long can work towards Bailey. BUT since they haven’t been playing as long, they don’t have any Nemo characters to help so in some cases, have just one or two who can do anything. So pointless for older players and also pointless for newer players. Got it.
This trend of re-running tower challenges just might take the cake for one of the laziest things they have done to this game.
I am in a similar position. I need nothing from this Tower Challenge, but I will help my grandkids try to win something. They won’t get Bailey but maybe some of they chests will give them more characters or Sina or other characters or buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter