• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Yep, I'm sitting on a ton of special currency but won't be able to spend it. They just keep messing up this game more and more.

I'm at 90,616 currency right now, with 50 common tokens. Not sure if I'll bother leveling anyone else up and just take the gems. Of course, we run the risk of the token totals changing for the next available level.....

I'm at 90,616 currency right now, with 50 common tokens. Not sure if I'll bother leveling anyone else up and just take the gems. Of course, we run the risk of the token totals changing for the next available level.....
That would be 10,000 extra currency going to waste you won’t get gems for, so you might as well use it.

That would be 10,000 extra currency going to waste you won’t get gems for, so you might as well use it.
Do they cap it at 80,000? I don't recall. Anyway, I leveled up the fairy and Stromboli to 5, so now just Pinnochio is left at 4 so far. Let's common token is going to be the deciding factor, since I have enough of his other tokens to level up.

Yeah, the standard is 40 gems, so any currency over 79,000 basically disappears once the event ends. At least, this is based on past events, it is at least possible this one would be different, but there doesn't seem much reason to expect that to be the case. So, with the lack of common tokens, I'm going to be wasting a lot of currency.

I am still trying to get Pinocchio, have been collecting since he was available. I have gotten one ear hat in the last four or five times I've sent my characters out, and I have the Blue Fairy too. I'll pay the gems for the hat if I can't collect it before the event ends, but that's pretty ridiculous. Up until now I've been able to stay ahead of everything.

I am still trying to get Pinocchio, have been collecting since he was available. I have gotten one ear hat in the last four or five times I've sent my characters out, and I have the Blue Fairy too. I'll pay the gems for the hat if I can't collect it before the event ends, but that's pretty ridiculous. Up until now I've been able to stay ahead of everything.
How did you end up? Hopefully you managed to complete the character before the 1pm cutoff?

Congratulations! Of course, by not finishing the event, you lost nothing. Why do they even bother with this???
This is one of the things that annoys me about this game. The only "reward" for finishing the event is a splash screen that disappears after 10 seconds anyway. Even if they're not going to award you gems or a trophy for full event completion (which they should), at least have some kind of indicator in your player profile. Otherwise why bother stressing getting the final character up to Level 2 to complete that last event.

What bothers me more is all the long pointless tasks *after* the event ends.
Second or third time now they've pulled this. Just another way to artificially slow things down. Same thing with making the common tokens impossible to amass during the event itself. The less you can level up characters during or after the event (ten or more hours of tasks per character) the more time they have to stretch between events. Makes sense for them, but it's frustrating for those of us still playing the game.

Minnie's Parasols wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow, according to the patch notes, though not like it's a big concern. Crazy to me that people on my board have 120, 104, a bunch at 48, 40, and 32. I really don't get the point of using any gems for these rewards. The people gemming on the Ratatouille event I guess I can understand, but there is nothing worth going crazy over in the parasol event. Even the Minnie Topiary final milestone should be easy enough to get through regular gameplay, and the leaderboard rewards are sort of a joke. I just don't get some people in this game.

Minnie's Parasols wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow, according to the patch notes, though not like it's a big concern. Crazy to me that people on my board have 120, 104, a bunch at 48, 40, and 32. I really don't get the point of using any gems for these rewards. The people gemming on the Ratatouille event I guess I can understand, but there is nothing worth going crazy over in the parasol event. Even the Minnie Topiary final milestone should be easy enough to get through regular gameplay, and the leaderboard rewards are sort of a joke. I just don't get some people in this game.
I had someone at 10 and another at 9, when it seems that they are only 8 at a time. Perhaps just yet another intern glitch.

I finally decided to join after lurking for so long. I do enjoy reading all of your posts. I have been playing since the beginning, but still need quite a few characters, and leveling up several to 10.
About these Minnie’s Parasols….WTH? The leader on my board has 600…I’m at 16, and could really care less, but I guess some people really need those fabulous prizes…gag!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter