• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'll be playing the event because "why not". I won't be buying Ashoka at 500 gems, or in a lame bundle with potions. I guess it will give me something to need from the multitude of free SW chests we seem to get. I'm not a huge fan of the cascading events, and people are already spending stupid amounts of gems on my boards so it will be milestone prizes for me.

Last edited:

I'm going back and forth on Ahsoka. I have the gems, but that would wipe me out. I prefer to save them for limited time event characters unless I have a surplus. I'm only considering it because I have all the other SW characters, and I did like Clone Wars. We'll see.

I'm going back and forth on Ahsoka. I have the gems, but that would wipe me out. I prefer to save them for limited time event characters unless I have a surplus. I'm only considering it because I have all the other SW characters, and I did like Clone Wars. We'll see.
I am having the same struggle. It would leave me with over 200 gems, and I liked the Clone Wars and second season of Mandalorian, so so far I have not spent 500 gems on Ashoka. And $9.99 is a crazy price. I also have all the other SW characters. So have not decided what to do yet,

You're lucky! I know the event was originally supposed to start on Thursday but was pushed back until today because of issues with the windows platform. I've been checking for the update regularly for the last few days and it hasn't yet appeared for me. I've been following along on gameloft's social media platforms and they issued a big apology to windows users today, reassuring us that if/when they finally drop the update in the microsoft store they'll give us some sort of compensation to make up for the late start. But I'd definitely prefer to be like you and have already downloaded the update!!
So do I, and the update has been available all week.

Here's the message I read from gameloft's ******* this morning in case anyone finds themselves in the same (unfortunate) position as me:

Hello again, Kingdomers! First, we’d like to remind everyone that we have delayed Update 54’s main event by 1 (one) day. It now begins today (Friday, November 12th at 16:00 UTC). Due to circumstances outside of our control, Windows players have not received the update at this time. We are working as hard as we can alongside Microsoft to remedy this, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience. As a gesture of our profound appreciation for your patience, we will be rolling out compensation to those affected after the update becomes available on Windows. Stay tuned for more information, and do continue to keep us posted about your experiences. Your reports help us do our best work behind the scenes.

Here's the message I read from gameloft's ******* this morning in case anyone finds themselves in the same (unfortunate) position as me:

Hello again, Kingdomers! First, we’d like to remind everyone that we have delayed Update 54’s main event by 1 (one) day. It now begins today (Friday, November 12th at 16:00 UTC). Due to circumstances outside of our control, Windows players have not received the update at this time. We are working as hard as we can alongside Microsoft to remedy this, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience. As a gesture of our profound appreciation for your patience, we will be rolling out compensation to those affected after the update becomes available on Windows. Stay tuned for more information, and do continue to keep us posted about your experiences. Your reports help us do our best work behind the scenes.
Thank you for posting this. I have been wondering what the heck is going on with the windows update.

Yawn.

This event just started and I'm already fed up. Losing interest in the game and patience with Gameloft.

I'm not paying or using up 500 gems for some lame character. I'm really not feeling this event at all. I will play along, slowly, and maybe get one character, but I feel like I'm on my way out.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised to receive Kylo Ren as my milestone prize with the Star Wars chest. His character should actually be helpful, and of course I long to be a character completest. Oh, this was in iOS.

Looking at what is needed for Boba Fett, I'm just not seeing it happening. Not for me at least. I just don't have the time or the patience to be checking in as often as this will require.

Outside of their control. Right.

Seriously Gameloft you couldn’t pick a different character to collect the spiders/reptavians. You had to pick C-3PO for both.
No kidding!!!! Ridiculous. And if I hadn't won Kylo Ren from the chest, I wouldn't even be doing anything with this event. Not that I expect to get Boba Fett (the only character I actually recognize).

I really hate this type of quest (get this, get that, then send someone out to get something else) so I may not get any of the characters. Gameloft is making it too easy to quit. I spend the day seeing extended family and had no desire to play at all while there, and I still don't now that I'm home.

I really hate this type of quest (get this, get that, then send someone out to get something else) so I may not get any of the characters. Gameloft is making it too easy to quit. I spend the day seeing extended family and had no desire to play at all while there, and I still don't now that I'm home.

The game is definitely becoming an afterthought for me. I used to log in at least every four hours (other than while sleeping), sometimes more if I had the time. And it used to be that I could actually finish events with that commitment, so it encouraged me to still try. I'm finding more and more that I'm forgetting to play, and it's not bothering me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter