• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

First you buy Hatbox. For 48K. That's it.

If you succeed in that, you will want to level him up. THEN you can buy tokens. Some of us have checkmarks for the HM token because we have enough in inventory to level him up to 2. After the event, we get tokens the usual way.

Yep, this. You can acquire him for 48,000 event currency and then you can decide if you want to spend event currency for tokens to level him up. There is also the bonus which is unlocked by finishing a chapter, where you can use the event currency to buy spooky chests. I believe a chest is 5000 currency. I'm shooting for the hatbox ghost and if I end up with 5000 leftover, I will try a chest over tokens.

This is good news (for a change). I value my sleep far more than a few pixels, but if we can get him without setting alarms or actually paying money I'm interested.

This is good news (for a change). I value my sleep far more than a few pixels, but if we can get him without setting alarms or actually paying money I'm interested.
So odd. They significantly reduced the number of characters who can help us get cocoa, and then reduced the number of playable characters for the first level. Can't imagine how few characters we'll need for Level 2 and especially Level 3.

So odd. They significantly reduced the number of characters who can help us get cocoa, and then reduced the number of playable characters for the first level. Can't imagine how few characters we'll need for Level 2 and especially Level 3.

I'm trying not to use my cocoa if possible at the moment. I'm figuring I'll need it all for the next levels.

Chapter 1 - 18 possible characters
Chapter 2 - 17 possible characters
Chapter 3 - 15 possible characters

Chapter 3 will be a cocoa eater for sure. Supposedly you get cocoa as rewards for the storyline part, but I don't have the Queen of Hearts, so I will never know. I only get 1 or 2 from the daily event ads, so I am glad I got Gus since he has the 1 hour task for cocoa.

I'm trying not to use my cocoa if possible at the moment. I'm figuring I'll need it all for the next levels.
With all of the characters that used to yield cocoa, I was normally much much higher. But I'm not blowing 500 gems on one out of 3 ghosts, and $15 is absolutely not happening.

Chapter 3 will be a cocoa eater for sure. Supposedly you get cocoa as rewards for the storyline part, but I don't have the Queen of Hearts, so I will never know. I only get 1 or 2 from the daily event ads, so I am glad I got Gus since he has the 1 hour task for cocoa.
And more often than not, my characters aren't yielding cocoa. Which is just another ploy by the dummies at Gameloft to try and get players to spend $15 on Gus. I was stuck at 15 for a bit, which means that my two characters that could drop cocoa were not.

So looks like we got Gift of 20 Gems and 2000 event points, so what was the problem. Lol!
They dropped the ball somewhere along the way. Perhaps it just wasn't as obvious? Unless people are b!tching on their Facebook page or something and this is to appease everyone? I don't follow these dolts on social media.

From Gameloft:

Hello, Kingdomers! We thank you for being patient while we gathered answers for you regarding the current Tower Challenge. To reiterate, you do not have to purchase tokens in order to take Hatbox Ghost home - all you need are Maleficent Coins. If you would like additional Haunted Mansion tokens to level up other Haunted Mansion goodies you own, you may purchase them for Maleficent coins as well. As a token of our appreciation for your patience, understanding and thoughtful feedback over the course of this update, we are gifting all of our players 20 gems & 2,000 Maleficent Coins. Thank you, and enjoy.

They dropped the ball somewhere along the way. Perhaps it just wasn't as obvious? Unless people are b!tching on their Facebook page or something and this is to appease everyone? I don't follow these dolts on social media.

Oh, there are lots of unhappy people on Facebook. Apparently everyone was pretty unhappy to find out that some countries could just buy the ghosts for a pretty minimal amount of gems for characters. And then this was the game's response. It didn't go over well:

"Greetings, Kingdomers.

We would like to address the feedback you have delivered regarding this update’s Spooky Chests. Thank you for making your voices heard - they matter to us!

Regarding the Spooky Chests specifically, we originally introduced Legendary Chests as a way to bring back content that was previously hosted in time limited events. This was done to give Kingdomers a second chance to obtain special content they may have missed out on obtaining. Having said that, we recognize that the Spooky Chest contains items not made available in previous events, and we will re-evaluate the kind of content we place inside of Chests as a result of your feedback on the matter.

Additionally, while our Japanese friends can indeed purchase certain characters with gems outright, we would like to reassure you that we have put measures in place to ensure the maximum amount of fairness possible given legal restrictions. In Japan, there are rules that restrict game developers from using some specific ‘gacha’ mechanics which apply to certain Chests available in Disney Magic Kingdoms. Therefore, in order to ensure that our Japanese fans get to enjoy Disney Magic Kingdoms with the rest of us, we had to modify the way we made certain content available to the region.

We want you to know that our ultimate goal is to ensure that the Disney Magic Kingdoms experiences across ALL regions remain as similar as possible at all times. While it may not be possible to roll out the exact same experience globally, we do our absolute best and will continue to explore ways to make this happen.

Once again, we thank you sincerely for letting us know how you’re feeling about Disney Magic Kingdoms! We hope this explanation finds you well, and we encourage you to keep offering us feedback so that we may continue to tailor the game experience to best suit all of our wonderful fans."

Oh, there are lots of unhappy people on Facebook. Apparently everyone was pretty unhappy to find out that some countries could just buy the ghosts for a pretty minimal amount of gems for characters. And then this was the game's response. It didn't go over well:

"Greetings, Kingdomers.

We would like to address the feedback you have delivered regarding this update’s Spooky Chests. Thank you for making your voices heard - they matter to us!

Regarding the Spooky Chests specifically, we originally introduced Legendary Chests as a way to bring back content that was previously hosted in time limited events. This was done to give Kingdomers a second chance to obtain special content they may have missed out on obtaining. Having said that, we recognize that the Spooky Chest contains items not made available in previous events, and we will re-evaluate the kind of content we place inside of Chests as a result of your feedback on the matter.

Additionally, while our Japanese friends can indeed purchase certain characters with gems outright, we would like to reassure you that we have put measures in place to ensure the maximum amount of fairness possible given legal restrictions. In Japan, there are rules that restrict game developers from using some specific ‘gacha’ mechanics which apply to certain Chests available in Disney Magic Kingdoms. Therefore, in order to ensure that our Japanese fans get to enjoy Disney Magic Kingdoms with the rest of us, we had to modify the way we made certain content available to the region.

We want you to know that our ultimate goal is to ensure that the Disney Magic Kingdoms experiences across ALL regions remain as similar as possible at all times. While it may not be possible to roll out the exact same experience globally, we do our absolute best and will continue to explore ways to make this happen.

Once again, we thank you sincerely for letting us know how you’re feeling about Disney Magic Kingdoms! We hope this explanation finds you well, and we encourage you to keep offering us feedback so that we may continue to tailor the game experience to best suit all of our wonderful fans."
Thanks for sharing. One thing I make a point of with my social media is NOT following companies. That said, the whole "gacha" thing is basically "gotcha", regardless of the spelling they choose to use. It's outright gambling, although they were quite careful about not using that word in their response. Still super sh|tty that they choose to pull this garbage. I hope they eventually get what's coming to them.

Can someone please explain why it is better to save all my cocoa for the later rounds rather than use some of it now? I know I should know this, but I really can't remember.

THIS. I saw that there were LOTS of angry comments on their FB page. I didn't bother to read more than a couple, but the complaints in those had to do with the price of Gus and having to gamble to get the other ghosts.

Can someone please explain why it is better to save all my cocoa for the later rounds rather than use some of it now? I know I should know this, but I really can't remember.

From what I remember of past events, there always seems to be the most characters to use in the first round. Later rounds usually have less, so you'll have to use the cocoa more often.

From what I remember of past events, there always seems to be the most characters to use in the first round. Later rounds usually have less, so you'll have to use the cocoa more often.

Yes, that's true. But what's the difference if I use the tower more now vs. later as long as I get my 48k event currency? I know I'm missing something here, but I can't remember what. I've never taken the tower challenges very seriously so I must be overlooking something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter