Disney Magic Kingdoms

I never saw the film, so I'm curious as to how they explain the name of an Italian character living in France. I'm sure they shoe horned it in somehow.
If they do, it would have been a short mention when discussing his parentage. I haven't watched it enough to think about honestly. But I won't spoil it incase you ever pick it up.

If the event that they announce on Friday is for the upcoming Reyna movie, I think this will be the first event I basically punt on? Just don’t have the interest or energy to spending 25 days on any event I don’t have interest in anymore. Think I’ll just focus on finishing leveling up my final 3 Brave characters and Ratatouille characters. I’m down to only needing to finish 6 more characters and have no interest on 7 (?) new ones.

If the event that they announce on Friday is for the upcoming Reyna movie, I think this will be the first event I basically punt on? Just don’t have the interest or energy to spending 25 days on any event I don’t have interest in anymore. Think I’ll just focus on finishing leveling up my final 3 Brave characters and Ratatouille characters. I’m down to only needing to finish 6 more characters and have no interest on 7 (?) new ones.

I will probably do it, but I feel this way too. I wish they would wait awhile before having another event or introducing new content. I have 3 characters to level, and really want to get them done and take a break before something new starts. Of course, I could just sit it out (I did that once before with the Baymax event a long time ago), but for some reason I feel compelled to play along.

I have to agree with you. I am not ready to grind away at an event I have no interest in. In fact in 10 hours I will finally get to put away my last NBC kid. Talk about forever!

I feel the same way. I'm just tired and they are making it more of a drudge than a fun challenge these days. I have 3 characters that aren't at L10 and I was hoping to get them done.

Are we sure that's the film or are you just speculating? Because I hope you're speculating. Too many classics left to incorporate and so hopefully they don't go with a movie that 100% if they players have 0% interest on or knowledge of.

Last edited:

Are we sure that's the film or are you just speculating? Because I hope you're speculating. So many classics left to incorporate and so hopefully they don't go with a movie that 100% if they players have 0% interest on or knowledge of.

But how can they resist the urge to cross-promote a new movie? And how can they not try to force us all to watch it?

Are we sure that's the film or are you just speculating? Because I hope you're speculating. So many classics left to incorporate and so hopefully they don't go with a movie that 100% if they players have 0% interest on or knowledge of.

I mean I guess anything is possible, but what are the chances that it they would choose a different film when the live stream and movie open on the same day? Also agree with everything @mmmears said in her response to your post, but it does seem a little strange that the event will be starting a week after the movie came out? For cross promotional purposes it would seem to make more sense to start it before?

I mean I guess anything is possible, but what are the chances that it they would choose a different film when the live stream and movie open on the same day?
Back when Disney Crossy Road was still a thing, they would tend to promote the new releases over the classics, where Magic Kingdoms did not. Quite the 180, Gameloft...

In all fairness, I expected them to do a Soul tie-in event and they managed to keep themselves away from doing that. So, maybe we can hold out a little hope for a more classic storyline coming up?

In all fairness, I expected them to do a Soul tie-in event and they managed to keep themselves away from doing that. So, maybe we can hold out a little hope for a more classic storyline coming up?
Solid point. Granted I haven't seen (and won't be seeing) Soul, so I can only go off the commercials. But outside of the main guy and the cat, are there even enough characters to include in the game? At least we can all be thankful that Soul wasn't included.... yet.

Since I refuse to watch the livestream I went on Reddit to find out what was announced. It is Raya and the Last Dragon. Update come out on the 9th and the event starts on the 11th.

For those who hate the live streams, it sounds like this might have been the worst one ever? Apparently the entire stream was them talking about the game 5th (?) Anniversary and stories and memories. Apparently the mentioned the event at the end, but didn’t give any details? The release notes for the update are supposed to have all that info.

Solid point. Granted I haven't seen (and won't be seeing) Soul, so I can only go off the commercials. But outside of the main guy and the cat, are there even enough characters to include in the game? At least we can all be thankful that Soul wasn't included.... yet.

You missed a pretty good movie. Not sure why you refuse to see any of the newer movies. I wouldn’t have paid to watch it at a theater, even pre-COVID, but since I have Disney+ it was a no brainer to watch it for “free”.

You missed a pretty good movie. Not sure why you refuse to see any of the newer movies. I wouldn’t have paid to watch it at a theater, even pre-COVID, but since I have Disney+ it was a no brainer to watch it for “free”.

We watched it on Disney+ for "free" as well. I'm not against giving the new movies a chance. Actually rewatched Ratatouille last week since the game reminded me of it (loved the little guy who would sometimes come to our table to "chat" when we had lunch at Chefs de France way back when). I was supposed to get to try out the ride in Sept. 2020 at DLP, but that trip was canceled due to Covid of course, so I guess this is the next best thing (and it's a poor substitute to a trip to Paris with a day at DL, but that's what 20-21 is all about so I'm just dealing with it).

Looks like the new event will be Raya - saw them post this concept art on their Facebook page. Didn't watch the stream so no idea of further details

I am pretty excited for this movie and have heard glowing reviews from people who have seen it - though I am not planning to see it until June when it is "free" on Disney+ vs the $30 upcharge to see it now

Same. We wouldn’t go to a theatre in our area yet, due to COvid. My 12 year old son wanted to see this movie, but when he saw the price tag on Disney+ he quickly said it could wait until June.

Looks like the new event will be Raya - saw them post this concept art on their Facebook page. Didn't watch the stream so no idea of further details

I am pretty excited for this movie and have heard glowing reviews from people who have seen it - though I am not planning to see it until June when it is "free" on Disney+ vs the $30 upcharge to see it now

Agree, it does look good, but also gonna wait until June to watch it.

If it weren’t for COVID and things were “normal” I’d probably watch it in the theater but not for $10. We only have AMC theaters around me and 2 years ago I signed up for their AMC A-Lister program for about 3-4 months in the spring/summer (blockbuster season) Cost $20 a month, but could watch up to 3 movies a week, no limitations and they could be any format (IMAX, 3D). Was planning on doing the same thing last year and probably this year.

Same. We wouldn’t go to a theatre in our area yet, due to COvid. My 12 year old son wanted to see this movie, but when he saw the price tag on Disney+ he quickly said it could wait until June.

Agree, they priced it out of an area I feel comfortable spending, especially since I can get it for “free” 3 months later. $30 is just too much to rent a movie for 3 months. $20 is about as much as I’d go and I’d also need to own it. If it’s something I really want I prefer getting the Blue Ray/DVD/Digital offer.

That said, I don’t have a problem with them charging whatever they want. $30 is to steep for me, but could see how parents of younger kids who watch the same movie over and over again would get it. At that price, I’d really like to see them give some of that money to theaters though.

That said, I don’t have a problem with them charging whatever they want. $30 is to steep for me, but could see how parents of younger kids who watch the same movie over and over again would get it. At that price, I’d really like to see them give some of that money to theaters though.
It doesn't even have to be an "over and over" scenario. Family of four for tickets and snacks is going to pay way over $30 at the theater. As an average price, it's probably fair.

It's also the difference between living in a real city vs a fake one where the value of a dollar is actually a dollar. A couple attending a movie I'm Manhattan could pay $30 or more on two tickets alone.

Last edited:
The missus and I forked out the $30. It's a cute movie. If you like a lot of their newer movies, it's pretty much in line. If you don't, this one isn't likely to change your mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter