Disney Magic Kingdoms

Pre-hurricane pick up for Marlin I am at:

10/30 Masks
2/6 Hats

We will see how next couple of days go collecting for Marlin without enchanting the buildings. I do have all of the other characters and they are questing their little hearts out for Marlin.

Woke up to collecting 6/6 on Marlin hats. 9/30 on the Mask. Without enchanting, I have Hank on 2hr, Nemo on 8hr, and Dory on 8hr. So it’ll be a bit repetitious, but depending on drops I should manage to unlock him sometime Sunday night/Monday morning.

Trophy mini event. Top two tiers get the crush trophy. Only other difference in prize tiers is the amount of EC received.

So I somehow have two of Marlin's ear hats, both from Hank, and no masks. What sense does that make when Hank is collecting both, but masks are uncommon and ears are supposedly epic? I need masks!

There’s only 6 ears, once those max out, Hanks task will only drop masks.

In the middle of the 2nd battle. Don't have Hank (not enough gems) so this will take a while and then I figure very low chnace to get Marlin (not even close to enough tokens to level up Sub ride). Oh well

Anyone in the path of Dorian (and looks like might end up hitting Carolinas more than Florida) stay safe!

In the middle of the 2nd battle. Don't have Hank (not enough gems) so this will take a while and then I figure very low chnace to get Marlin (not even close to enough tokens to level up Sub ride). Oh well

Anyone in the path of Dorian (and looks like might end up hitting Carolinas more than Florida) stay safe!
In Florida so watching closely.

Not sure if I should be happy or sad for you that they restored your game :rolleyes: But it is always better to end on your own terms.

How was your AP preview of SWGE? I thoroughly enjoyed mine! And now with hurricane Dorian pretty much taking away my planned vacation for next week, I am extra glad I got to do it. I was only in Orlando for 16 hrs (which equaled my drive there and back), but it was worth it to do the preview!
Our preview was great! Not too crowded, got to see everything we wanted to except Oga’s Cantina. But we are actually on a flight home from Anaheim right now and got to see the DL version and visit the Cantina which was really great! They are identical as promised, DL is just a bit more compact. We were shocked at how dead DL GE was.

If you read my post above, you can buy Marlin at a reasonable price IF your able to get to the welcome Marlin part of the game.

Also, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? I was gonna let your situation be the Straw that broke the camel's back and use it as one of the reasons to quit the game. Now I don’t have that excuse anymore. :rotfl:

@Windwaker4444 Think I only have one of the cliche suggestions left! 😉
Sorry Mike, it was touch and go there, but again, I want to end on MY terms, not theirs. Which if trends continue will be soon.

There’s only 6 ears, once those max out, Hanks task will only drop masks.

Yeah, I know. Thanks though. Was assuming (and hoping) I'd be getting masks from Hank pretty much every time considering the ears are epic. Given the time left, I need to if I don't want to use gems to finish Marlin. It's silly that I'm getting ears instead. I have plenty of other characters working on the ears.

The tokens have actually been cheaper the whole time. A few days ago, I needed one more ear hat to level up Dory, didn't want to wait, and it was only 10 gems! So I did it. Saved me an overnight collection. 10 gems an item is MUCH better than it used to be. Wasn't it, like, 40 per token or something? And I didn't spend my gems on premiums, so there's hope for Marlin. We'll see...

So I somehow have two of Marlin's ear hats, both from Hank, and no masks. What sense does that make when Hank is collecting both, but masks are uncommon and ears are supposedly epic? I need masks!

I know it’s statically possibly, but I’m also getting an uneven amount of hats from Hank. I know he’s given me at least 2 ear hats and it’s possible it was 3. Current at 13/30 masks and already at 4/6 ear hats.

The tokens have actually been cheaper the whole time. A few days ago, I needed one more ear hat to level up Dory, didn't want to wait, and it was only 10 gems! So I did it. Saved me an overnight collection. 10 gems an item is MUCH better than it used to be. Wasn't it, like, 40 per token or something? And I didn't spend my gems on premiums, so there's hope for Marlin. We'll see...

Yes, they are definitely cheaper this event. Can’t tell you how much they use to be though.

6:45 pm and finally got to where I can start working on Marlin. 2 days 18hrs to go. I'm feeling optimistic. Just hit 10k in ec, so that really isn't a worry any longer. Pretty sure I can hit 12k in 2 days. Just hoping Hank does his job and takes care of my token needs quickly.

Even more exciting...somewhere in all my playing, I finally finished all those 1hr tasks for balloons etc. I haven't enhanced anything other than the ferris wheel and here are my totals, if anyone is curious about their own goals.

Balloons 1610
Pixar balls 1340
Pirate flags 750
Wall-e leaves 300
Soooooo happy to send all those extra characters for a much needed rest at home in the castle!!

I now have all the ear hats needed and three masks. At least I'm guaranteed to get only masks from Hank at this point.

Wait, you only have 3 masks? Or did I read your post wrong and you need 3 more masks?

I think the game really needs to rethink the rarity of items, or better yet get rid of them, because the developers are obviously messing around with the % and not being consistent. To many players have mentioned that they have gotten multiple hats from Hank, myself included, and that really shouldn't be the case. If an task has an uncommon and and epic item it should almost always give the uncommon. Before anyone mentions it, I know statistically it’s possible, I’m just saying I think the developers are “cooking the numbers”. Also, I’m not complaining that I’ve got 4/6 epic hats, I’m just saying that shouldn’t be the case.

Side note...Hank is a pretty funny character. I don't really remember the movie, but his dialogue is pretty good. Did he get stepped on in the movie? I'm also enjoying Dory's messages. The one about the big yellow fish, after she took the sub there literally made me laugh out loud. Kinda makes me want to see the movie again.

Wait, you only have 3 masks? Or did I read your post wrong and you need 3 more masks?

I think the game really needs to rethink the rarity of items, or better yet get rid of them, because the developers are obviously messing around with the % and not being consistent. To many players have mentioned that they have gotten multiple hats from Hank, myself included, and that really shouldn't be the case. If an task has an uncommon and and epic item it should almost always give the uncommon. Before anyone mentions it, I know statistically it’s possible, I’m just saying I think the developers are “cooking the numbers”. Also, I’m not complaining that I’ve got 4/6 epic hats, I’m just saying that shouldn’t be the case.
"Cooking the numbers..." heh...I really don't think there was a formula to begin with. It's all smoke and mirrors!!!

You read my post right- I only had 3 masks (now 4). I started collecting for Marlin last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter