Disney Magic Kingdoms

Did you buy the grandma? I didn’t have enough for her but I didn’t really want her. I love Hei hei’s interaction with the kakamoras. The ocean water pushes him back lol

The Grandma has to be one of the worst/worthless premium characters the game has ever released. I’m sure there have been worse but no one is coming to mind. I woulda been much better off purchasing the Lair for this event. That said, I’ve got every character, so having them all, usefulness not included is important to me.

I saved my gems for Hei Hei. I so loved him in the movie.

Edit: I did decide to buy Tala because it was 4.99 and would give me extra gems to Get Hei Hei from finishing that grouping so seemed worth it.

Those are actually a decent deal that I have bought in the past. I use to always buy the float bundle, as a way to “give back” to the game and probably consider that the best deal in the game. Buying Tala or the Lair woulda been useful, do to my lack of gems, but I refuse to give GameLoft any more of my money.

The Grandma has to be one of the worst/worthless premium characters the game has ever released. I’m sure there have been worse but no one is coming to mind. I woulda been much better off purchasing the Lair for this event. That said, I’ve got every character, so having them all, usefulness not included is important to me.

Those are actually a decent deal that I have bought in the past. I use to always buy the float bundle, as a way to “give back” to the game and probably consider that the best deal in the game. Buying Tala or the Lair woulda been useful, do to my lack of gems, but I refuse to give GameLoft any more of my money.

I agree that Tala is extremely useless. I have not tried to level except accidentally. She does not really seem to help with anything!

Finally got enough elixir to buy Toy Story Mania... and now I have no space to place it, even after moving all my decorations and concessions temporarily into storage.

Does anybody have a layout they can share that fits everything? Or is the only option to store buildings?

I don't have all of the premium attractions (missing Pluto's house, RC racers, parachute drop, Mike & Sulley, Wall-E's house, Aurora's spinning wheel) so I feel like it should be achievable, yet there's still more to come with the Moana event.

I think I just talked myself into storage.
I posted a layout a few pages ago, I will try to track it down and resurface it.

I agree that Tala is extremely useless. I have not tried to level except accidentally. She does not really seem to help with anything!

Tala is not only pretty useless, but close to impossible to level. She's just annoying.

Yeah, the fact that she doesn’t even collect Spears is beyond ridiculous! It truly is inexcusable that they have basically been re-doing the same events (different characters) for over a year now and they they can’t handle premium characters correctly. :confused3

One of hei heis tokens overlaps with Maui too. I complained to the interns, but they are on their coffee break.

My big annoyance is that Chief Tui does absolutely nothing to help with Maui.

Is it just me, or does it seem like they’ve gotten worse at this with events? Between your observation with Chief Tui and all the Tala issues we have discussed, this has to be an intentional decision on the developers part right?

Yeah, the fact that she doesn’t even collect Spears is beyond ridiculous! It truly is inexcusable that they have basically been re-doing the same events (different characters) for over a year now and they they can’t handle premium characters correctly. :confused3

Is it just me, or does it seem like they’ve gotten worse at this with events? Between your observation with Chief Tui and all the Tala issues we have discussed, this has to be an intentional decision on the developers part right?

Although, quoting your text highlights something. In my Windows game, I am still collecting Spears so Chief Tui not being able to collect for Maui will mean he's free to collect spears. Which IS useful. But I'm not there yet, and in my IOS game I'm done. So at this moment it looks like it serves no purpose. Figuring out balance, is a hard skill. Although, letting "more characters do more" and leaving the "division of labor" up to the player might be better. But then we might collect everything faster than we want, and therefore have less reason to make panic-driven purchases.

The amount of flowers and tokens for Maui has hit a new high. Ridiculous!!!

I don’t usually complain, but really 80 flowers!! You can only collect 5 every two hours. If you collected all night and I am not, 32 hours so more like 64 , not giving up my sleep. Lol

So far I’ve been able to get 4 Maui ears hats but no fish hooks, which seems odd since the hooks are uncommon and the ears are rare.

Although, quoting your text highlights something. In my Windows game, I am still collecting Spears so Chief Tui not being able to collect for Maui will mean he's free to collect spears. Which IS useful. But I'm not there yet, and in my IOS game I'm done. So at this moment it looks like it serves no purpose. Figuring out balance, is a hard skill. Although, letting "more characters do more" and leaving the "division of labor" up to the player might be better. But then we might collect everything faster than we want, and therefore have less reason to make panic-driven purchases.

Fair enough, I do agree that balancing out characters is a hard skill to do, but I think they had that balanced out better in past events, because it use to be balanced more towards the player. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but it truly feels like they are trying to balance it to that point where they want to annoy players enough to get them to pay real money to get around it and if that loses some players along the way (me?) thats fine. If they want to move that direction, which they have every right to, that's fine, but they then need to make it so premium character feel like they were worth purchasing and characters like Tala feel the opposite.

Again, just my point of view on things, but they really need more times between events, like a minimum of a month. They need to find that sweat spot, and it's really hard to do this, where peoples response to an event announcement is yes it's about time, I can't wait and not again, didn't we just have one?

The amount of flowers and tokens for Maui has hit a new high. Ridiculous!!!

I don’t usually complain, but really 80 flowers!! You can only collect 5 every two hours. If you collected all night and I am not, 32 hours so more like 64 , not giving up my sleep. Lol

Yeah, don't take this personally, but I don't like it when people complain in this thread! It is something you will rarely, if ever see me do. :rotfl:

I completely agree with you on this point though and they're only getting worse and worse with it. I completely understand that they want people logging in multiple times a day, but it has truly gotten ridiculous. I just looked it up and the previous 4 events characters have all requires 435 of the 1 hour item, to max out at level 10! Why do they want to do that to us? All it does is make playing the game feel more and more like a chore. This is why the Gold token event that just ended annoyed me that top placement spots did not reward gems. I always do well in those and the gems motivated me to log in every hour, so I also would collect the 1 hour character items at the same time. Figured I might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

So far I’ve been able to get 4 Maui ears hats but no fish hooks, which seems odd since the hooks are uncommon and the ears are rare.

This has become a bigger problem over that last year or so. There are times where drop rates don't seem to match their difficulty level. Don't have the game in front of me at the moment, but do the hook jobs also have other items conflicting with them? If they do, and it's a common item, that could be the culprit/

Not only waste of time they want us to put all the princesses in their comfy outfits and send them a picture. I don’t do Facebook interns. Lol no picture for my wasted time.
Wait. Are you serious? I haven't seen that request yet. Either that or I had the good sense to block the damn thing out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter