• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

i have a question about this ice rink.i´ve always seen people wanting it so badly.what´s so special about it?does it help a lot ingame?or is it just the attraction itself?

I don't want it, honestly. Now watch me get that one day instead of SW. :( It's not special. It can help with the long, long hunt for Bambi items, but my Bambi characters were maxed out and put "home" a long, long time ago, so for me all it would do would be to take up precious space in my overstuffed kingdom. To me it was a harbinger of things to come - putting stuff in these chests and then coaxing people to gamble actual money for a digital drawing. I'm not going to play that game, even if it means I stop playing this game entirely.

I have yet to buy a single chest and I'm not about to start now. Merlin has already turned today's coronian sun dial into mush in his cauldron. The worst thing about these dumb platinum chests is that they occupy a stand for 24 hours. I put 2 up there yesterday. One down, one to go.
That is so strange...I just got a brand new sundial myself and a musical fountain tonight. I'm also re-gifting it for my buddy Merlin. I just started another, can't wait to see what treasure awaits me tomorrow!!

Last edited:

I think we both know the reason why there aren't more ways to get the Steamboat Willie.

But if you do end up gambling gems for the chest, I hope you enjoy your Aurora statues.
Heh! So true. We are our own worst enemies sometimes. We do it to ourselves and then blame the faceless interns to make ourselves feel better. Such is DMK life...

That is so strange...I just got a brand new sundial myself and a musical fountain tonight. I'm also re-gifting it for my buddy Merlin. I just started another, can't wait to see what treasure awaits me tomorrow!!

Just got a pirate statue. That's it for today. It'll be another 19 hours until I get my next worthless "platinum" trinket. :( I haven't had so many empty slots in the treasure chest area in months.

Not really, but I don’t have much interest in those 2 costumes either. I’m interested in knowing what value, if any, they will provide. What are the chances they will? 50/50, or am I being generous? If they do offer value, I very well might spend elixir on them.

Honestly, my issue/concern has very little to do with the Classic B&W costumes. I’m much more concerned about them incorporating, needing a platinum chest attraction/character, to collect a required item in future events! Who knows, I’m probably worrying about nothing, but this feels like it could be a test run to see how it works.
We need 24,000 elixir for all 30 button fabric. I'm currently at 48,800. At this point, I will just buy the fabric when the time comes.

I sure hope the interns gift wrap a new plot of land for @mikegood2 tomorrow during the livestream. If not, it's going to be a long holiday season. (Hee hee hee)

:rotfl2:Actually, I’d find it far more comical at this point. If people do want me to rant though, let me know, and I’m sure I could muster up something. :rotfl:

We need 24,000 elixir for all 30 button fabric. I'm currently at 48,800. At this point, I will just buy the fabric when the time comes.

You have considerable more than I do, have 14K. Like I said, I don’t really care if I get the costumes. If they help with the next event, then I might have some motive to get them though,

For anyone who’s interested, I tried the multiple devices and multiple attempts (on each) technique and got the exact same items from my Platinum chest and from a bronze chest. So it looks like they patched up that “cheat” at some point. btw I haven’t tried that technique in well over a year and am actually glad they patched that exploit up.

Nice elixir balance! I'm only at 14K and that's with all the "platinum" junk I've been feeding into the cauldron yesterday and today. It's ok though. I'm not in any hurry. I'm not sure why my balance is so low, though. Last thing I bought was a ride (I didn't bother to buy the fabric for Jack since I knew I'd eventually get it anyway).

For anyone who’s interested, I tried the multiple devices and multiple attempts (on each) technique and got the exact same items from my Platinum chest and from a bronze chest. So it looks like they patched up that “cheat” at some point. btw I haven’t tried that technique in well over a year and am actually glad they patched that exploit up.

I did the same thing yesterday, and have also tried again today with that technique on several chests in a row. I've tried timing the items, I've tried tapping quickly, tapping after letting it cycle through for a while, and even did some with my eyes closed. Every time, like you, I ended up with the same exact items. All this shows me is there is absolutely nothing "random" about the purchased gem chests. If they were truly "random" in what they give out, we would have gotten the same items, in the same exact order, every time we tried that technique.

Last edited:
I did the same thing yesterday, and have also tried again today with that technique on several chests in a row. I've tried timing the items, I've tried tapping quickly, tapping after letting it cycle through for a while, and even did some with my eyes closed. Every time, like you, I ended up with the same exact items. All this shows me is there is absolutely nothing "random" about the purchased gem chests. If they were truly "random" in what they give out, we would have gotten the same items, in the same exact order, every time we tried that technique.

Interesting! I thought they were still saying it was “random”, but obviously it's not. Who knows, maybe when the chest becomes ready it is automatically assigned and locked into an object? All I know is it makes things anti-climatic.

The main game I play, Marvel Puzzle Quest, does weird things with their random assigning of character covers players buy. Apparently, some players learned how to game the “random” character cover generator, so they could get higher level/“better” characters. So now instead of generating a new number (character/item) every time it will instead create a list of the next 100(?). So my next couple months of “random” covers have already been assigned to me. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:Actually, I’d find it far more comical at this point. If people do want me to rant though, let me know, and I’m sure I could muster up something. :rotfl:

You have considerable more than I do, have 14K. Like I said, I don’t really care if I get the costumes. If they help with the next event, then I might have some motive to get them though,

Lol I’ve got like 1,700 elixir

Good Luck! I had 4 chests saved up. I had the first two waiting to open when the event launched and received some beautiful junk for Merlin. I opened the third one and once again it was gifted to Merlin. I just opened the 4th one and actually got the steamboat! I couldn’t believe it, as I’m not usually that lucky. Dreams do come true :rotfl2:

It can still be random, but they may have moved the point at which a value is assigned because so many people were cheating. If so, I don't really have a problem with that. I also play the Harry Potter game, and the same thing was happening there (but so much easier since all you had to do was close the game and reopen it to get new "prizes"), and they had to change it so that the prizes were decided long before the screen where people could see them. I still think it's random.

Wait a second...are you guys saying there are other non-Gameloft playable games out there?!? I don't know, I have it on the best Gameloft authority that we should should only be playing DMK and spending any gaming allotted funds here. Harry Potter...Marvel Puzzle Quest...sounds like pretty made up titles to me. Ha ha ha...other games...ha ha ha

Wait a second...are you guys saying there are other non-Gameloft playable games out there?!? I don't know, I have it on the best Gameloft authority that we should should only be playing DMK and spending any gaming allotted funds here. Harry Potter...Marvel Puzzle Quest...sounds like pretty made up titles to me. Ha ha ha...other games...ha ha ha

:rotfl2: Yes there is a whole wide world outside this game. Haven't spent a dime on HP, but I'm still playing it.

So some of the new event details were leaked via the App Store. https://imgur.com/gallery/j2BBP9t

Event is Wreck-It-Ralph Breaks the Internet. Runs Nov 22-Dec 21. Characters we can see are Ralph, Vanellope and Fix-It Felix and Yesss. Mentions a Villain boss battle. Mentions new characters, attractions, decorations, like usual. BUT also mentions new princess costumes.

Event dates means my Windows game will get a pause in the middle, when I go to Japan. Hopefully, it will time out with the portion of the game where we all sit around for 3 days waiting for the next bit to open. But it will finish before we fly out for our Christmas trip the the in-laws. So I think I should be able to finish it all despite the traveling.

Last edited:
Good Luck! I had 4 chests saved up. I had the first two waiting to open when the event launched and received some beautiful junk for Merlin. I opened the third one and once again it was gifted to Merlin. I just opened the 4th one and actually got the steamboat! I couldn’t believe it, as I’m not usually that lucky. Dreams do come true :rotfl2:
I've got one more left after I open tomorrow's chest. Hopefully I'll get lucky like you. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It would be great to actually get something while it's still relevant.

So some of the new event details were leaked via the App Store. https://imgur.com/gallery/j2BBP9t

Event is Wreck-It-Ralph Breaks the Internet. Runs Nov 22-Dec 21. Characters we can see are Ralph, Vanellope and Fix-It Felix and Yesss. Mentions a Villain boss battle. Mentions new characters, attractions, decorations, like usual. BUT also mentions new princess costumes.

Event dates means my Windows game will get a pause in the middle, when I go to Japan. Hopefully, it will time out with the portion of the game where we all sit around for 3 days waiting for the next bit to open. But it will finish before we fly out for our Christmas trip the the in-laws. So I think I should be able to finish it all despite the traveling.
Thanks for the info. Did you notice we have an official title. I'm a "Theme Park Manager" I thought I was a theme park designer, but whatever. Wonder if I can put that on my resume. Afterall, I've been doing this "Theme Park Manager" job for over 2 years now.

:rotfl2: Yes there is a whole wide world outside this game. Haven't spent a dime on HP, but I'm still playing it.
I tried HP but my tablet didn't work well with it. My fam plays. They love it. But don't tell the Gameloft interns. I don't want to be labeled a traitor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter