• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I got the 40 gems for the EC exchange. Now that it's over, I'm going to say that I love the movie, but this event was a bit ho-hum. There was no battle, no real conclusion, I don't know what I was hoping for, but it didn't deliver. And they had such a fun villain they could have used for this one.

Note they also left the clams/bots thing where it's now going to take an hour to get each one. This is going to take a long, long time.

Ended with 70k EC so the 35 gems is nice.

Does anyone know why events end 3 hours later than when they start? Not a big deal, but it always throws me.

Status report:

IOS: received 32 gems

I was upgrading characters last night, so I have a piddly little 10 clams. But Wasabi is off on his 24 hour level up so it's not like I would be able to level up a TLM character anyway.

Sebastian: 6
Scuttle: 6
Ariel: 4
Eric: 7
Triton: 5
Flounder: 7
Ursula: 4

Michael: 8
Barbossa: 9 (need 10 hats)
Tia Dalma: 8
Christopher Robin: 8
Baymax: 9 (need 4 each of his tokens, and I am done with BH6)

Windows: received 22 gems. I have 101 clams

Sebastian: 5
Scuttle: 5
Ariel: 3
Eric: 7
Triton: 6
Flounder: 6
Ursula: 4

John: 9 (need 8 tokens)
Michael: 7 (need 6 tokens for 8)
Barbossa: 8 (need 6 ear hats)
Tia Dalma: ready for 8
Davy Jones: 8
Christopher Robin: 7 (need 8 ear hats)
Baymax: 8
Wasabi: 8 (need 6 tokens)
Yokai is currently upgrading to 10

Ended with 70k EC so the 35 gems is nice.

Does anyone know why events end 3 hours later than when they start? Not a big deal, but it always throws me.

I'm glad it does because I'm not always awake at 9 AM when things start in my time zone. Maybe the extra 3 hours ensure that West Coast players (and even Hawaii/Alaska) can get their morning collections done before it ends.

I never did recoup the lost ear hats from mistakenly leveling Ariel up, sent the two characters out for the hats numerous times, but nothing. So I used 84 gems in order to get the tail. Ariel with no tail was an unbearable concept for me. Got 19 gems with the EC conversion, taking the sting out a little.

A nice surprise. The gem conversion rounded up for me. I had 53,965 EC at the end and got 27 Gems.

Sebastian Ready for 5
Scuttle Ready for 5
Ariel (with Tail) ready for 3)
Eric Ready for 5
Triton Ready for 5
Flounder Ready for 5
Ursula ready for 4.
(Full on clams).

Green Alien - one hat away from 8

Michael Collecting for 8
John Ready for 8
Peter Pan ready for 9

Bambi Ready for 10 (Finally)

Elizabeth ready for 9
Will Turner upgrading to 8
Barbossa collecting for 8
Tia collecting for 7

Gogo ready for 9
Fred ready for 9
Hiro ready for 9
Baymax collecting for 8
Yokai ready for 10
Still need more microbots (don't we all)

I don't see how "clams needed" before or after the event ends changes. Only swapping out magic for EC and the process for collecting clams (no more tapping, just 1 hr tasks). So I would think you'd rather have 1 more gem.
All my microbots went bye bye after the Big Hero 6 event ended and I had to get them all again. This time it kept them all.

So for future reference does the character need to be completely welcomed before the event ends? I can’t remember.

First, I couldn’t agree more with the anticlimactic comments. The event story died when it came time to welcome Ariel. I do miss the boss battles for sure! But I “completed” it and walked away with 16 gems so I’m satisfied.

Also, I caved, so here is my first ever list:

Sebastian - ready for 6
Scuttle - ready for 6
Ariel - collecting for 4
Eric - ready for 6
Triton - collecting for 6
Flounder - ready for 5
Ursula - collecting for 6
Toy Alien - ready for 9
Peter Pan - ready for 10
Wendy - just shy of 10
Michael - ready for 8
John - just shy of 9
Elizabeth Swan - ready for 10
Jack Sparrow - ready for 10
Will Turner - ready for 10
Barbossa - ready for 8
Tia Dalma - welcoming now
Davy Jones - ready for 7
Thumper - ready for 10
Bambi - ready for 10
Flower - ready for 10
Jack Jack - ready for 10
Christopher Robin - collecting for 9
Microbot purgatory
Hiro - ready for 9
Baymax - collecting for 9
Yokai - ready for 9
Go Go - collecting for 9
Honey Lemon - ready for 10
Fred - ready for 8
Wasabi - collecting for 9

Now I’m just preparing for clam shell purgatory :scared:

So at the risk of tomatoes and boos, what do we think is up next? Another Tower Challenge or more Storyline content?

I thought this myself and decided I would very much like another tower challenge rather than anything else at the moment

BOO, HOW DARE YOU TYPE THOSE WORDS!!!!! :rotfl:

I then told myself this quote, because it reality, I probably just need a break!!!

I got 8 gems from the event and I’m actually happy with that since I haven’t been playing that long. I got all of the characters that were free so that makes me happy too. I wasn’t even close to Ariel’s tail but I’m not too upset. I’m actually happy I finally can work on getting Minnie now instead. It’s amazing how much easier it is to get her tokens lol

So at the risk of tomatoes and boos, what do we think is up next? Another Tower Challenge or more Storyline content?

I bet it's a tower challenge - the only question for me is what character will it be working towards. Something NBC would make sense, but I don't know who they'd add.

So for future reference does the character need to be completely welcomed before the event ends? I can’t remember.

So my understanding is you just have to start the welcome process before the event ends and you are good

I bet it's a tower challenge - the only question for me is what character will it be working towards. Something NBC would make sense, but I don't know who they'd add.

That's what I was wondering too. There are a bunch of characters they haven't done yet. Honestly, enough to have a mini-event (not that I want a mini event!). Lock, Shock, Barrel, Dr. Finkelstein and the Mayor.

Clam math.

So using my stats for my Windows game, which is farther behind. I need to collect 2440 clams to level everyone up to 10. At 7 characters, collecting 10 times a day + 5 times collecting from Ursula's Lair (2 hr collect time) it will take 32 days. And this is if they do nothing but collect clams. At some point people will have to collect tokens, so we're going to be collecting clams for at least 6 weeks.

Not that we didn't know this from BH6, but I didn't look at the math then.

Last edited:

I personally like the Tower Challenge as it gives me a chance to get characters I missed as I did not start playing until I think September 2017

I actually like the tower events - I have had all the extra characters/attractions they’ve released with them but I do like that they’re adding to past character sets.
I mostly like that during these events it is easy to continue earning magic and leveling characters.
I can see why others are bored from the tower events if all they have to do is get the new character though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter