Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'd just like to point out that from experience, the developers actually have very little to no say in this game. The decisions about the direction of the game etc are made higher up (the developers may be able to express their opinion in meetings etc but are not decision makers), and the developers simply code what they are told to do. So, blaming them for anything at all is pointless. If you want to blame someone, blame the "faceless management team" at Gameloft...

Very true, many of the decisions come from Gameloft higher ups, but truth be told many of the decisions are dictated from people at Disney. Case in point the decision to have Big Hero 6 as the next event likely didn’t just come from Gameloft but probably from Disney.

I probably should have focused more on Gameloft and or Disney instead of the developers, but everything in that post still stands. My use of developers was in response to @wingweaver84 post.

Any one notice that the gem rewards in the daily calendar keep dropping? Now just 3 gems to collect this week when we used to get 8...not a fan of this. I don't need magic, or chests as I never get anything worthwhile from this anyways. Would love more gems though!

Obviously they have enough people continuing to play in the current format that they don't feel the need to change things up. Even I keep coming back eventually, even though I tell myself I'm done. But, I agree with others that mini-games would be fun! Especially love the idea of games inside the attractions! I feel like that might be above the level of the interns' creativity, though. :/
If they can’t figure out how to open more land without the game crashing down on them then I suspect mini games are way out of their abilities (sigh)

I was hoping to make some progress with my remaining characters before the new event begins, but Bambi and friends and Jack Jack is just so slow going I don't think I can get much done.

Any one notice that the gem rewards in the daily calendar keep dropping? Now just 3 gems to collect this week when we used to get 8...not a fan of this. I don't need magic, or chests as I never get anything worthwhile from this anyways. Would love more gems though!

Yep, I've noticed it. I can't say I'm surprised - I predicted this when they added the calendar in. I don't need more benches, magic, smiley faces, etc. Just gems, which they want us to pay for.

I'm still missing 2 ear hats for Bambi. I feel like shooting this little deer. Can't determine if worse than Donald Duck or Peter Pan when it comes to drops.

Just a reminder for folks too, be choosy about who you are leveling up. You don't want to be collecting too many tokens when Thursday comes. Don't want to have characters with multiple drops with the new ones.

Let's see where my characters are:

Thumper is at 10
Bambi is at 6 (three hats away from 7)
Flower is at 6 (two hats away from 7)
Jack Jack is at 5 (level 6 requires 25 of each item!)

EDIT
I just cleared my green checks and now I'm down to one hat for Flower and two hats for Bambi. I also realized that I seldom if ever clear the magic from Frontierland. There are no buildings or characters there that I need, so those buildings have been forgotten.

Last edited:

Let's see where everyone is:

Thumper is at 10

EDIT
I just cleared my green checks and now I'm down to one hat for Flower and two hats for Bambi. I also realized that I seldom if ever clear the magic from Frontierland. There are no buildings or characters there that I need, so those buildings have been forgotten.
Thumper 10
Bambi 6 (1 ear hat away from 7)
Flower 8 (halfway to 9)
Jack Jack 5 (about halfway to 6)

Let's see where my characters are:

Thumper is at 10

EDIT

Thumper 10
Bambi 6 (1 ear hat away from 7)
Flower 8 (halfway to 9)
Jack Jack 5 (about halfway to 6)

Thumper - Level 9 (1/2 way to 10)
Bambi - Level 5
Flower - level 7 (almost ready for 8)
Jack Jack - Level 5 (21/25 and 12/25)

Even though my Bambi is behind you two, I’m actually really happy where mine is right now. My drop rates were AWFUL when I was trying to welcome him, but have really picked up. Think I wasn’t able to welcome mine until about a week after you did @supernova?

Bambi - Level 5
Jack Jack - Level 5 (21/25 and 12/25)

Even though my Bambi is behind you two, I’m actually really happy where mine is right now. My drop rates were AWFUL when I was trying to welcome him, but have really picked up. Think I wasn’t able to welcome mine until about a week after you did @supernova?
Then that would put you right about where you are now. Looks like we're all making decent progress. Won't have everyone at 10 just yet before Thursday, but I'm hoping that they leave our Bambi characters alone towards Big Hero 6.

Bambi - Level 5
Jack Jack - Level 5 (21/25 and 12/

Trailing you gentlemen by a little...

Thumper - Level 7
Bambi - Level 4 (almost 5)
Flower - level 6
Jack Jack - Level 5

—————-
Off topic, but...
Taking my first solo trip to Disney World after Labor Day. So many trips with my family, but this is a bonus “just for me” trip (free off-site hotel and car rental).

Park hopping 2 days.

Opinions....what would you do...

See Fantasmic?
Star Wars:A Galactic Spectacular?
Or Happily Ever After?

I saw Fantasmic about 17 yrs ago. Like Star Wars and plan to be in HS that day (would like to see Toy Story Land at night). Have seen HEA fireworks from Contemporary but never in the park.

Any other solo trip tips are appreciated. :thanks:

My Characters are at the following levels:

Thumper - 9
Bambi - 6
Flower - 8
JackJack - 5

I don't think it's the RNG that's slowing me down. I'm just finding that life is getting in the way and playing this game isn't a priority at the moment... I know it's not the HP game since I'm stuck again waiting for an update. In any case, I'm certainly not excited for an event beginning so soon, but they didn't ask for my input on this one. :rolleyes:

Off topic, but...
Taking my first solo trip to Disney World after Labor Day. So many trips with my family, but this is a bonus “just for me” trip (free off-site hotel and car rental).

Park hopping 2 days.

See Fantasmic?
Or Happily Ever After?

I saw Fantasmic about 17 yrs ago. Like Star Wars and plan to be in HS that day (would like to see Toy Story Land at night). Have seen HEA fireworks from Contemporary but never in the park.

Congrats on the solo trip, sounds like fun!

I’ve, gone 3 times in the last 7 years, but never solo. If it were me, I’d do Fantasmic and Star Wars:A Galactic Spectacular if they don’t overlap. Especially if you’d like to see Toy story land at night, you might as well check 3 things off of your list.

I personally haven’t seen either, but would like to some day. All 3 trips were with my brother, SIL and two young nieces My brother/SIL didn’t like Fantastic when they went to it a few years earlier, so it never worked into our schedule.

Correction:
Technically I guess I saw 5 minutes of Fantasmic, when I was back at our suite at the Swan and Dolphin. Here was our view from the room.

Last edited:
Trailing you gentlemen by a little...

Thumper - Level 7
Bambi - Level 4 (almost 5)
Flower - level 6
Jack Jack - Level 5

—————-
Off topic, but...

Park hopping 2 days.

See Fantasmic?
Or Happily Ever After?

Congrats on your upcoming trip! Another vote for Fantasmic. If your going solo, definitely hop into the single rider line at Aerosmith Rockn Roller Coaster. You will probably be able to get on about 2-3 times within 30-45min.

Off topic, but...

Park hopping 2 days.

See Fantasmic?
Or Happily Ever After?

Huge proponent of solo trips. As a matter of fact, I think the majority of my visits to WDW have been solo in the recent past. Fantasmic is one of those shows that I will only see every five or so years. It's a bit long in the tooth and seems to go on and on and on. Then the exit is maddening, trying to have everyone leave through the top of the arena. Why they refuse to use the side walkways is beyond me. But if you haven't seen it in almost two decades, it might be worth the return trip. With all of my solo trips, I find the less I plan, the happier I am. With the family, there's probably more to coordinate to be sure that everyone is happy and included in the plans. When you go solo, you eat whenever you feel like it. You're not on a schedule, so if you happen to miss something due to timing, no big deal. See what you want to see... as you said, you're on "me" time. Get the FastPasses you want, and if there is a particular restaurant you NEED to visit, then make that ADR. But if you set something up for 1pm and you're not hungry until 2, you're stuck. Flexibility is key. At least to me.

It’s a good thing this event is optional, so those who don’t want an event so soon don’t have to participate? I’m quite content with having another event since I love adding characters to my game.

It's not really optional at all. If you skip an event and don't collect all the characters then it's likely it will hurt you in the next event, or in another one they are planning. They way they set up this game, you either have to really play it to it's fullest or you'll constantly be locked out of stuff "down the road." So, personally speaking, I would have preferred more of a break between events since I'm not ready to stop playing altogether, although the stress of back-to-back timed events is pushing me in that direction. Just one player's perspective.

I noticed the status game, so I wanted to play too. :)

Everyone is at 10, with the following exceptions:

Toy Alien - collecting for 10
Peter Pan - collecting for 8
Thumper - ready for 6
Bambi - collecting for 5
Flower - collecting for 6
Lilo - moving to 9
Stitch - ready for 8

It's a tiny list compared to what it used to be, so I'm glad for the progress, and now we're about to add 7 new ones? I'm a completionist (I think they called it that), so I will work very hard to get all 7 of them. How many characters does that add up to? I've lost count and my math skills are pretty bad today, I've counted 5 times and gotten 5 different numbers, so I think today, I'm NOT the best person to count characters.

Happy playing to all!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter