Disney Magic Kingdoms

so, once I get 3,000 EC, can't I just buy Jack-Jack?

My guess is that once we complete week one and have all of the bottles, then we move on to the 2nd and 3rd weeks. Then once we get the jack jack ear hats, then you can spend the 3,000 EC to get Jack Jack. This is only guessing since there have been comments that you can get prior weeks items once you obtain the necessary items. But please let us know what happens once you get the 3,000 EC and if you are able to purchase Jack Jack this week.

My understanding is that you will need to use EC to buy the 20 bottles, 20 cards, and 20 hats. Then an additional 3,000 EC to actually buy Jack Jack. So (20 hats X 200EC) + (20 Cards x 400EC) + (20 hats X 750EC) + 3,000 EC = 30,000 EC total.

My guess is that once we complete week one and have all of the bottles, then we move on to the 2nd and 3rd weeks. Then once we get the jack jack ear hats, then you can spend the 3,000 EC to get Jack Jack. This is only guessing since there have been comments that you can get prior weeks items once you obtain the necessary items. But please let us know what happens once you get the 3,000 EC and if you are able to purchase Jack Jack this week.

Ahhh that makes total sense, why couldn't I have figured that out?! :rolleyes: Thanks, guys!

got my 20/20 Jack Jack token this morning

I'm still confused about the hot chocolate. What's it for?

After you use anyone besides the featured character (Jack now, Anna next chapter, Mrs. Incredible later) in the tower mission, they lock out from doing it again. No amount of downtime unlocks. The only method to unlock them is hot chocolate for a SINGLE 'tired" character or the 1 per day refresh for ALL of them.

got my 20/20 Jack Jack token this morning

After you use anyone besides the featured character (Jack now, Anna next chapter, Mrs. Incredible later) in the tower mission, they lock out from doing it again. No amount of downtime unlocks. The only method to unlock them is hot chocolate for a SINGLE 'tired" character or the 1 per day refresh for ALL of them.
I'm a big fan of the one coca per day to unlock everyone. A nice addition interns.

Thumper had a task and then I had to level him up to 2 and build the meadow (still waiting for that one to finish). I had Stitch going to L8, so I had to wait to get Thumper up to 2. Oops, but really I'm not in a big hurry for this one.

I have all of Jack Jack's bottles and like a pp mentioned, it looks like they might have cleaned up my leaderboard. I'm only 4K below the top ranked person, and yesterday I was much farther behind.

Welp, just got my 20th Jack Jack bottle so I guess just crank points to try to get as high on the leaderboard as possible (currently at 42 with just over 10k in points)

Also finally got my last Thumper Hat to welcoming him now.

I like that at least the event is different and that doesn’t seem like you need to use gems at all - does feel like a lot of tapping is needed - I mean, it takes like 3 taps just to buy each bottle for Jack Jack

I thought the battle characters were supposed to automatically reset at 11 AM EST. Mine haven't yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

Its not automatic, the refresh recharges at 11am. why would they have a button for it if it was automatic?

Its not automatic, the refresh recharges at 11am. why would they have a button for it if it was automatic?
Then their FAQ should have said that it was only dependent on the use of the Refresh Button. Instead, "All tired Character will become rested and ready to Challenge the Tower again every day at 15:00 GMT" says that it will be an automatic game feature. The use of the Refresh button is not implied or stated.

Despite not having any NBC characters previously, I think I am getting on pretty well. End of 1st day and I now have Jack Skellington and his house, Zero from the bundle, and another NBC attraction from a chest I got with gems. I have 9 bottles for Jack Jack, and am nearly halfway to the points target for Chapter 1. Miraculously I am creeping up the leaderboard and just squeaked in to 47th place. Would be brilliant to end up in the Top 50, but day 2 will be harder, as I am short of refresh tokens, and there aren't the bonuses to collect.

Meanwhile, in other news, I got to welcome Peter Pan today, so I am really happy about that. Flower is up to level 3, but still waiting on a few ears for Thumper.

Do we have any idea which main character sets will be alongside Frozen for chapter 2? Or if there will be any way to add Frozen characters beyond Anna, and the Ice Rink, which I already have?

so, once I get 3,000 EC, can't I just buy Jack-Jack? I guess I'm wondering why I would need to collect his tokens now if I can just buy him outright, I already have 2,114 EC, so I should have enough to buy him by tonight or tomorrow morning. Or is it that once you buy him you have to buy tokens to level him up? And if that's the case, we can't buy his ear hats for 9 more days, correct?? So he'll have to stay at level 1 for 9 days... o_O

This is SO confusing...
Think of it the same that way we need to use event currency or magic to "buy"/welcome/level up other characters in the game.

Last edited:
Then their FAQ should have said that it was only dependent on the use of the Refresh Button. Instead, "All tired Character will become rested and ready to Challenge the Tower again every day at 15:00 GMT" says that it will be an automatic game feature. The use of the Refresh button is not implied or stated.
I figured that my "tired" characters would reset on their own, too. With the "Global Refresh" button being right next to the cocoa, I thought they were connected.

Last edited:
I figured that my "tired" characters would reset on their own, too. With the "Global Refresh" button being right next to the cocoa, I thought they were connected.

Yesterday afternoon, after my second tower challenge, I had 2 "tired" characters from each group. I pressed the refresh button, thinking that I would be prompted to select the "tired" character I wanted refreshed. The button changed to a count down timer resetting at 9 a.m. today. All of my characters had been refreshed. I realized at one of the next challenges, that you've got to select the single character to refresh by pressing the hot chocolate icon from the select screen.

By 9 o'clock this morning, all my characters were tired. As soon as the count down timer reached zero, it became a refresh button again. Pressed it and, viola, all my characters were ready for the tower.

I just did same thing saw the refresh now button but waited till everyone was tired then pressed it everyone ready to go and did use any cocoa
Tomorrow I might try to refresh the 2 nightmare ones with cocoa as needed to keep the line full

Has anyone figured out if certain characters give more points than others in their group e.g does Mickey give more points than Pluto?
I clicked on them individually to see, and could only see a difference in my Cinderella set with Fairy Godmother who is only at level 8. So it’s the level that matters, not the character. Otherwise the actual points dropped are random in that range, similar to parades.

Figured the same thing. They really should have been set up to automatically do that. Especially since I just refreshed mine and the timer countdown is at 21h 39m.

Yesterday afternoon, after my second tower challenge, I had 2 "tired" characters from each group. I pressed the refresh button, thinking that I would be prompted to select the "tired" character I wanted refreshed. The button changed to a count down timer resetting at 9 a.m. today. All of my characters had been refreshed. I realized at one of the next challenges, that you've got to select the single character to refresh by pressing the hot chocolate icon from the select screen.

By 9 o'clock this morning, all my characters were tired. As soon as the count down timer reached zero, it became a refresh button again. Pressed it and, viola, all my characters were ready for the tower.

Nice “accidental” catch on your part. It probably saved you about a dozen cocoa refreshes.

Hopefully they do a better job explaining this if/when they do another event like this. I wouldn’t say I’m upset, but am a little annoyed they didn’t make it clearer. If they had, I’d probably have 12+ cocoa saved up, that I instead spent last night. :confused3

Think of it the same that way we need to use event currency or magic to "buy"/welcome/level up other characters in the game.
I figured it out after others made the same comment, and now I feel pretty dumb about not figuring that out myself. However, the way that screen with Jack-Jack on it is laid out is pretty convoluted, in my opinion.

I figured it out after others made the same comment, and now I feel pretty dumb about not figuring that out myself. However, the way that screen with Jack-Jack on it is laid out is pretty convoluted, in my opinion.
Major headache. Had to be a better way to design it. It seems that Gameloft spent so much time trying to pack a bunch of crap onto that single screen that they ran out of time to develop animation for each of the character battles.

Still, I just finished my 20 bottles, so now I'll just be gathering up points and currency. So far so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter