• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I already have 12 Jack Jack tokens. This even SEEMS more casual to those who have been playing since the beginning.

That word pretty much sums up this entire ridiculous event so far, and we're barely four hours in. Wonder if it's too late for them to scrap it all and just give us Stitch again?
How dare you sir?!? That's striking below the belt this time. I'd still rather jump through these crazy intern hoops than go through that again.

Per Facebook comments by DMK, the featured (purple) quests are helpful with the event, they are not required to complete The Tower Challenge.

Fully aware, doesnt change the fact that those "helpful" tasks are literally impossible without spending money on Legendary Chest RNG if you didnt gain him from an event almost 2 years ago.

Honestly, I am not having that much difficulty with this event. So I'll post my workflow, in case it helps.

I take care of the Purple tasks first. So send Jack + whoever out.

Next. I click the event button at the bottom and go to the Challenge screen. For each, character group I check to see if I have an available character. It either shows a hot chocolate if they are tired, a book if they are "at home", a different icon if it is a character you haven't Welcomed yet (I have this for Rex) or a selectable box I can checkmark to send them on the challenge. I don't select anyone yet.

If I need to select a character "at home" I click the book and it takes me to where I can return him. I only return one character per group.

I check each group before I click the characters I want to send on the challenge.

Once I know I have the 4 characters ready to go, I select each one and

Finally, hit the Challenge button.

I assume if I want to revive a character with hot chocolate I can do it from the icon that shows up when I'm checking the character list. I am avoiding the Refresh now option, because I am concerned it might spend my hot chocolate all at once on all the characters who are tired. (I don't think I need to Refresh Mickey & Friends beyond the daily refresh so I don't want to accidentally refresh one of those characters).

If you have any of them at home and go to return them to the game it deselects any that you had already selected ... but if they are all out you should be able to select one from each group and then start the battle

Okay thanks. I think that's what I was doing wrong. Now what do I do with the tokens they drop?

Is the only way to get Jack Jack tokens to spend Maleficent currency? Is it 200 units per token? If so, it will take forever to earn those tokens.

Second question: Has anyone compiled a list of attractions which get cursed and therefore you can collect event currency from them?

The event tasks brick walls if you dont have Oogie Boogie.

I don't think you're missing much. I had 3 of those tasks and now Jack doesn't have any more. So I think you got 2/3 of them. It's not a continuous line of special tasks. My Jack is just doing the normal attack now.

I do think this is better for those who are missing characters and certain attractions.

Are the buildings that cursed random? Or are there specific buildings you need? I have some Incredibles buildings in storage and such?
Trying to feel my way around this event

I already have 12 Jack Jack tokens. This even SEEMS more casual to those who have been playing since the beginning.

How do you have 12 Jack Jack tokens? I’m currently 823EC which gives me enough for 4 bottles. I’m currently at work, so I’m an hour or two behind what I could potentially be at, but 12 Jack Jack tokens (bottles?) would be 2400 EC.

EDIT: Just saw the progress tab, so collected 600EC there. If you completed the next one, I guess I can see how you have 12 tokens, or atleast close to it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I am not having that much difficulty with this event. So I'll post my workflow, in case it helps.

I take care of the Purple tasks first. So send Jack + whoever out.

Next. I click the event button at the bottom and go to the Challenge screen. For each, character group I check to see if I have an available character. It either shows a hot chocolate if they are tired, a book if they are "at home", a different icon if it is a character you haven't Welcomed yet (I have this for Rex) or a selectable box I can checkmark to send them on the challenge. I don't select anyone yet.

If I need to select a character "at home" I click the book and it takes me to where I can return him. I only return one character per group.

I check each group before I click the characters I want to send on the challenge.

Once I know I have the 4 characters ready to go, I select each one and

Finally, hit the Challenge button.

I assume if I want to revive a character with hot chocolate I can do it from the icon that shows up when I'm checking the character list. I am avoiding the Refresh now option, because I am concerned it might spend my hot chocolate all at once on all the characters who are tired. (I don't think I need to Refresh Mickey & Friends beyond the daily refresh so I don't want to accidentally refresh one of those characters).

I clicked the global refresh button after one round and one hot chocolate refreshed all four characters who had just been fighting. but, you can only use the 1:4 ratio once per day, otherwise its a 1:1 ratio. However, with all the extra characters who drop the refresh tokens, its not hard to always have them when you may need them. that portion of this event is actually bugging me far less than the snowgies or bird cages or whatever needed a thousand items to clear always did.

How do you have 12 Jack Jack tokens? I’m currently 823EC which gives me enough for 4 bottles. I’m currently at work, so I’m an hour or two behind what I could potentially be at, but 12 Jack Jack tokens (bottles?) would be 2400 EC.
Are you collecting from the tab with he progressive goals? I was at work all day and so far I’ve gotten jack skellington and 2 bottles

I will say this...I am pleased to see that previous time limited characters are finallly useful for something! We all work hard to get them all, and then they just join the masses of other characters in our park doing meaningless tasks over and over again. I like the fact that those of us who have played for a while and worked hard to get these characters have a bit of an advantage :)

Does anyone know if the various characters are worth more or less points in each set? Like will Mickey earn more points than Pluto or the like?

Off the new challenge topic for a moment. I bought a gold chests and actually GOT Bambi! But the actual character isn’t lighting up for me. Still says “Complete more quests.” I have flower at Level 3, and 7 more hats to welcome Thumper. Anyone had this happen?

Off the new challenge topic for a moment. I bought a gold chests and actually GOT Bambi! But the actual character isn’t lighting up for me. Still says “Complete more quests.” I have flower at Level 3, and 7 more hats to welcome Thumper. Anyone had this happen?
I think you got the Bambi float, not Bambi the character

After Jack had his solo task, his task with Sally and his task with Oogie Boogie, no additional purple tasks have appeared for me.

So it's a little extra EC but the people without those characters aren't missing that much.

As a newer player (started after BatB), I am loving this event. Not so much for the event aspect, as for the chance to get characters from older events without gambling on Legendary chests, which I've never done because I still have attractions in platinum chests that I've had no luck with! In any case, I now have Jack (for the low price of 750 EC), and I have Zero (for the low real price of $3.99 and it included a Cackling concession). Zero is only the 2nd time I've spent real money on this game. Sure I'll likely not get Sally or Oogie Boogie without gambling on Legendary chests, but at least I have half the collection now, which should improve the likelihood of those other characters slightly.

As for Jack-Jack... I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time collecting him. I'm already debating on whether or not I want Jack's house - 500 EC, because it helps with Jack's tokens, but that's 2.5 Jack-Jack bottles! We'll see. Next time I can send my characters out on challenge again, I need to make a note of which characters from each group are options, because as people pointed out, not all the Mickey&Friends and ToyStory characters are on the list as options. Making those refresh tokens more important - but with 4 characters that can gain them hopefully I won't run out. Though Zero is going to take quite a few this first chapter if I want to keep him helping!

I hate the Leaderboard this time around! I'm at roughly 500ish, and seem to be stuck in that area. Guess I'm not as devoted (not spending gems to speed up), or the low level of my 2 NBC characters is hurting me (lvl 1). Maybe a combo of both.

Oh yeah! Anyone else notice that the event is 15 days, but in the Livestream it had said 21 days and some odd hours?! Did they last minute shorten the event??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter