• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I am cracking up at the genuine teams that have formed here surrounding this movie! I have honestly never seen it, but that’s I think because it came out around the time I was a teenager and it wasn’t cool to like Disney movies. I do still think that if something water themed was going to come into the game it shouldve been Little Mermaid, as our princess collection isn’t near complete without her, or even Nemo, because it provides a larger potential character set. But I play for completeness, so I will be treating this one like Zootopia, and play to get everything anyways, but not understand a word of the storyline conversations :flower:

This is interesting.

I see one of two reasons for this:
  1. The leaderboard is broken(not updating)
  2. They are only grouping 25 people in the leader board.

My guess is it’s the second and some of us were lucky enough to be placed with 20+ very casual players (ie Log in 1 or 2 times a day). Either way I will gladly take my first place finish and 10 gems.

When I logged back in a few minutes ago, close to 12 hours away, and #2 is still at 35 which is where they have been for close to 24 hours

I think you’re right - the leaderboards are much smaller, which means that the top prizes are less impressive, but WAY easier to get.

Overall, I think I like this change if they keep it up.

I think you’re right - the leaderboards are much smaller, which means that the top prizes are less impressive, but WAY easier to get.

Overall, I think I like this change if they keep it up.
Agreed! Others on my leaderboard have been increasing (slowly), so I see no reason to think the leaderboard is completely broken. But with me at 220, and 2nd at 135, then 3rd at 83, I think I've got a good shot at receiving an antler topiary when all is said and done! (I'd prefer splash mountain or fantasmic, but I'll take the topiary over nothing...)

Has anyones leaderboard changed beyond the 25 spots? Collected all of the attractions and characters at once a day jumped to the top of the board with 26. Don't have Hook and didn't have Happy or Dopey out of storage. Second was at 12. 3rd was at 8. Spots 17/18 down to 25 only had 1. This is strange.

Mine is still like that. I have 120, 2nd place is 13, then 8, then 5, then 4, etc - and then just 1 starting at spot 10

Mine is still like that. I have 120, 2nd place is 13, then 8, then 5, then 4, etc - and then just 1 starting at spot 10

A day and a half into the event and I am 200+ over second. 2nd is around 55. 10th has about 11. Position's 11 Thru 19th between 9 and 3. 20 thru 25 all have 1.

I love the idea of the smaller board. But it needs to work right.

A day and a half into the event and I am 200+ over second. 2nd is around 55. 10th has about 11. Position's 11 Thru 19th between 9 and 3. 20 thru 25 all have 1.

I love the idea of the smaller board. But it needs to work right.
I suspect it is working right. The previous leaderboards had who knows how many people on there - only the top 50 would be visible, but there were honestly thousands on a single board - I know because I've been really low on the boards a number of times. If there really are only 25 (or even if there are 50 or 100) people per board, then the odds of another person on your board being as big of a player as those of us who visit and post here is probably pretty slim. Say there were 50 competitive players in a group of 5000, now in a group of 1000 that's down to only 10. If the board is at only 100 people, then you're down to 1 competitive person. In any case I think with such low numbers of players on a board, it gives those of us who play regularly (aka login at least once a day, preferably 2-5+ times a day during events) a better chance of being the most competitive on our board without feeling like we're losing sleep to be competitive.

I came across this on the good ole internet today and thought it would be fun to share it with you all!
ilmdk5qoddwsxtcxhcm8.jpg

I came across this on the good ole internet today and thought it would be fun to share it with you all!
ilmdk5qoddwsxtcxhcm8.jpg

I saw that someone else online and people were saying that it's dividing their family and people are getting upset at other people's answers so I haven't shown it to my family yet. I'm not sure if it's worth the risk. Apparently this stuff is VERY controversial.:rotfl:

Agreed! Others on my leaderboard have been increasing (slowly), so I see no reason to think the leaderboard is completely broken. But with me at 220, and 2nd at 135, then 3rd at 83, I think I've got a good shot at receiving an antler topiary when all is said and done! (I'd prefer splash mountain or fantasmic, but I'll take the topiary over nothing...)
My leaderboard is pretty high, but I only wanted the Grumpy tokens and gems, so now I don't care...leader is at 797, then 651, 586, then into the 200's where a bunch if us are.

Well I only needed one rope and one blue star fabric for Sorceror Mickey, and in today’s 2x chests I got three ropes total. That’s just BS.

Very easy chart. It comes down to Lion King and Toy Story. From there, it depends if you are Camp Disney or Camp Pixar.
I think you mean Beauty & the Beast vs Toy Story 2.

I’ve gotten 2 platinum chests over the last week. Should I hoard them until the event? Is that advantageous?

Last edited:
I’ve gotten 2 platinum chests over the last week. Should I hoard them until the event? Is that advantageous?
I've been hoarding mine just in case. Right there there isn't a thing I need from them, and I'm sitting on four gold chests and two platinum. Unless they stick another attraction into one of them, the best I can hope for are harder-to-earn tokens.

I do still think that if something water themed was going to come into the game it shouldve been Little Mermaid, as our princess collection isn’t near complete without her, or even Nemo, because it provides a larger potential character set.
I think the problem with Nemo is that it's too water-based. I couldn't see them programming character to not leave the small waterways for the entire event. I'm sure they will give us human Ariel and even have Ursula crawling around on land. And for that reason, I could see the set including Sebastian but not Flounder, and certainly not the dad. Not sure how likely they would be to have characters solely in the water at all times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter