Disney Magic Kingdoms

I am also in first place lol... This morning I did some offline collecting and then I logged back in a few hours ago... now I have 126. But anyway, I don't think my leaderboard is working correctly. My score is the only one that keeps on updating, but for ranks 2 to 25, their numbers have been staying the same from the time I first logged back in. So I really don't know how tough the competition is right now...
And the prizes aren't even something special... it's not worth the effort...

Have to be honest, I still jam to those songs...they are great!
The cross promotion teasers of Stitch in BaTB, Aladdin, and Little Mermaid drew me in to watch the movie. I actually didn't like the first half of the Lilo & Stitch movie much with the exception of the music as I really wanted to dopeslap both sisters. By the end, I was thoroughly enjoying myself. A dysfunctional family, a special agent named Bubbles, a cross dressing alien, a mad scientist, and a big dumb stupid head shark(Lilo's words, not mine) made for some amusing moments, different than the usual Disney fare. I know they won't offer him as a character, but the tourist that always loses his ice cream scoop would be fun to see wandering the park. I did watch the sequels, and thought they were okay. The animated series was a bit better.
My adult friends and I went to the park a couple years ago, and Stitch was the only character running around who didn't need a handler at the time. He jumped and waved us over, posed for photos with us doing that silly surfer hang loose hand pose, gave hugs and high fives, and rocked out on air guitar. It was a lot of fun and completely unexpected.
Hoping this event will be similar to the Mulan one with fewer characters and a slower pace.

I love Stitch! (perhaps due to my obsession since childhood with all things space and aliens...) In any case I think he's adorable and funny. I haven't seen all the Stitch movies, but I've seen at least 3 or 4 of them. Did anybody else watch the Stitch series that was on TV?? (guilty!!)

There are multiple items in that platinum chest I'd like, but like everyone else wasn't going to really try for it (it is only the first place person to get it and with my luck it would just give me an antler topiary). Yet somehow I'm in first with 98 and second is only at 33. Rank 16 down are all at 1. I NEVER get on anything but crazy competitive leaderboards, so I have no idea how this has happened...

Merlin question: I'm still lacking Jolly Roger, Omnidroid City, and Magic Carpets. I'm at about 13k elixir, so have enough for one of the other two, but am thinking it would be better to save for the Jolly Roger (it seems to drop useful tokens and trophies!), the other two don't seem to drop anything useful for me. Anything I'm overlooking?
Nope- Jolly roger is your best bet- Omnidroid city is huge, taking up lots of precious land, and gives nothing. Magic carpets, same thing to a smaller extent. Jolly Roger does trophies and Peter Pan tokens and is much smaller.

I've been watching, revisiting, and enjoying each movie with each event.

Put Lilo and Stitch on tonight.
Realized I haven't made it all the way through on previous attempts.

First ten minutes...laserguns, hypodermic torture, spitting, the girl hitting the other girl, then the "stupid head"...I had to turn it off, again. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it all the way through.
I really...can't stand this movie.

Does it have any redeeming qualities?

I wouldn't mind sharing, but... (Hanging my head in shame here) I don't really know how to do it. Basically most things are where I think they belong, except my Frozen stuff is piled into Tomorrowland because that's where it fit. It doesn't go with the theme, but it's not bad there since the blue land there makes me think it's icy.

Aw, no worries :-)

I've been watching, revisiting, and enjoying each movie with each event.

Put Lilo and Stitch on tonight.
Realized I haven't made it all the way through on previous attempts.

First ten minutes...laserguns, hypodermic torture, spitting, the girl hitting the other girl, then the "stupid head"...I had to turn it off, again. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch it all the way through.
I really...can't stand this movie.

Does it have any redeeming qualities?

I don't know. Is there any redeeming quality to showing what it means to be a non-nuclear family? To be a family with problems and heartbreak and to know that you can come through on the other side and be okay? That not every kid grows up in a fairytale? You saw Lilo acting out and had to turn it off. If you had kept it on you would have learned that Lilo's parents had been killed in a car crash and she's a kid who doesn't know how to deal with that. Stitch's beginnings are different, but he's basically a physical manifestation of Lilo's life out-of-control feelings (my interpretation - not something that has been officially said).

It's hard for me to read all of the negativity regarding Lilo and Stitch because it's one of my favorite movies. When it was made, Michael Eisner believed that the old formula was dead, and so it all had to go. The princesses, the songs, the epic scope. Because "kids today." So they made Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Brother Bear. And in the middle of this, Chris Sanders* and Dean DeBlois* decided to go with old school design (using watercolors, since the first time since the 1940s), prove that music still was an important part in the animated process and try to create a movie with heart. And it became more successful than all of those other movies that Michael Eisner thought would do better. And then the battle began. Between the part of the company that saw the movie's success and trying to build on it television and merchandise (Disneyland had Stitch Sundays where they released new Stitch pins every week because it was THAT popular) and the part of the company with an ego that wouldn't let go and had to prove it was ultimately a failure.

I guess we know who won.

* Chris and Dean ultimately left Disney to go to Dreamworks and they were the creative team behind How to Train Your Dragon.

I watched Lilo & Stitch again tonight. Just love, love, love the hand drawn artwork. And I like the message about how not all families are large or perfect, but a family is bound by love. Anyway, I enjoyed it. Plus the soundtrack is great. I agree the early part isn't so much fun, but yes it does get good. :stitch:

I'm holding out for the Black Cauldron event. It will have to come if these events are coming so quickly. Scraping the bottom of the barrel soon.

Last edited:
That is/was my plan, but I’ve always found Striking Gold to be the best and easiest mini event. Just gonna casually play, collect all the progression rewards, and play on airport mode and hope to luck into an easy grouping tomorrow. 3 hours later I accidently opened the game with WiFi and was placed 1st by a large margin. Four hours later I’m still in 1st with 101, 2nd has 35, and only the top 3 have double digit trophy counts. 18th has 1 trophy. :rotfl2:

This is interesting. The leaderboard has only 25 and it seems that is the totality of participants in the group, as the last 5 have only scored 1. Only the top 4 are seriously playing and I am well ahead having been in 1st place since I first looked at the leaderboard out of interest when I got the first tier reward, as i wasn't trying. I have already got all the tier rewards now, though I didn't need Grumpy tokens, he is sitting waiting ready to go to 10 along with lots of other characters, when time and potions allow... but I will happily take the chance at a flag of corona and 10 gems, if I can keep up the too without having to wake up all through the night :-) Maybe I will come down with a bump when all those turn out to be in airplane mode and furiously competitive! :tink:

I don't know. Is there any redeeming quality to showing what it means to be a non-nuclear family? To be a family with problems and heartbreak and to know that you can come through on the other side and be okay? That not every kid grows up in a fairytale? You saw Lilo acting out and had to turn it off. If you had kept it on you would have learned that Lilo's parents had been killed in a car crash and she's a kid who doesn't know how to deal with that. Stitch's beginnings are different, but he's basically a physical manifestation of Lilo's life out-of-control feelings (my interpretation - not something that has been officially said).

It's hard for me to read all of the negativity regarding Lilo and Stitch because it's one of my favorite movies. When it was made, Michael Eisner believed that the old formula was dead, and so it all had to go. The princesses, the songs, the epic scope. Because "kids today." So they made Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Brother Bear. And in the middle of this, Chris Sanders* and Dean DeBlois* decided to go with old school design (using watercolors, since the first time since the 1940s), prove that music still was an important part in the animated process and try to create a movie with heart. And it became more successful than all of those other movies that Michael Eisner thought would do better. And then the battle began. Between the part of the company that saw the movie's success and trying to build on it television and merchandise (Disneyland had Stitch Sundays where they released new Stitch pins every week because it was THAT popular) and the part of the company with an ego that wouldn't let go and had to prove it was ultimately a failure.

I guess we know who won.

* Chris and Dean ultimately left Disney to go to Dreamworks and they were the creative team behind How to Train Your Dragon.

Thank you!

I also don’t get the hate here.

For the reasons you stated I adore this movie and call it, yes, my favorite Disney movie (next to the Little Mermaid)

I loved that they showed a ‘realistic’ relationship between two sisters who have a though time, I love Nani being so caring but also having her hardships. I love how Lilo is a ‘normal’ kid who has her tantrums. I love how David is such an understanding guy and not just a love interest. And Stitch is just making the movie better with him being a part of the small and broken but loving family at the end.

And don’t let me even start the scene with the ducks <3

I guess the familial payoff is wrapped up in too much noise and spit for me.

It seems this film is generationally polarizing.

I came here just to see what was going on with the puzzle pieces that keep popping up on the screen, and boy am I disappointed. I hate “Lilo and Sitch.” I don’t like the movie. I don’t like the characters. I mentioned it to DD, and she was also unimpressed. So, I’m not going to play this event at all. Winnie the Pooh was the first event in a long time that I actually put any effort into, so I’m okay with ignoring this one.

Whew polarizing topic here. Instead of weighing in, I’m just going back to current game play to chime in:

I think the interns purposefully made this leaderboard event small. I think they drastically skimmed down to give away some Grumpy tokens after reading all the abismal comments that are continually left on all platforms. I had no intentions of competing, after end of day I checked and was 2nd. Came here to read the fuss and casually played since. Now I’m at 1, and have zero alarms and zero intention of waking up through the night. I think Grumpy will slowly become easier to obtain.

I am also not a fan of Lilo and Stitch, but happy that those who love it get this event. I will still participate for the characters and attractions but won’t be devastated if I miss a part of it.

I know everyone is waiting for the Little Mermaid, but I would love to see an ‘Up’ event after this one. Doug and Kevin would be too cute and the house with the balloons has become so iconic an image now, would love to have that as an attraction.

I am also in first place lol... This morning I did some offline collecting and then I logged back in a few hours ago... now I have 126. But anyway, I don't think my leaderboard is working correctly. My score is the only one that keeps on updating, but for ranks 2 to 25, their numbers have been staying the same from the time I first logged back in. So I really don't know how tough the competition is right now...
And the prizes aren't even something special... it's not worth the effort...

This is interesting. The leaderboard has only 25 and it seems that is the totality of participants in the group, as the last 5 have only scored 1. Only the top 4 are seriously playing and I am well ahead having been in 1st place since I first looked at the leaderboard out of interest when I got the first tier reward, as i wasn't trying. I have already got all the tier rewards now, though I didn't need Grumpy tokens, he is sitting waiting ready to go to 10 along with lots of other characters, when time and potions allow... but I will happily take the chance at a flag of corona and 10 gems, if I can keep up the too without having to wake up all through the night :-) Maybe I will come down with a bump when all those turn out to be in airplane mode and furiously competitive! :tink:

Whew polarizing topic here. Instead of weighing in, I’m just going back to current game play to chime in:

I think the interns purposefully made this leaderboard event small. I think they drastically skimmed down to give away some Grumpy tokens after reading all the abismal comments that are continually left on all platforms. I had no intentions of competing, after end of day I checked and was 2nd. Came here to read the fuss and casually played since. Now I’m at 1, and have zero alarms and zero intention of waking up through the night. I think Grumpy will slowly become easier to obtain.

View attachment 314721 And this is why you play on airplane mode for a while before entering leaderboards

This is interesting.

I see one of two reasons for this:
  1. The leaderboard is broken(not updating)
  2. They are only grouping 25 people in the leader board.

My guess is it’s the second and some of us were lucky enough to be placed with 20+ very casual players (ie Log in 1 or 2 times a day). Either way I will gladly take my first place finish and 10 gems.

When I logged back in a few minutes ago, close to 12 hours away, and #2 is still at 35 which is where they have been for close to 24 hours

I've been playing for less than a year now, so not getting the floats actually started out as a desire to focus on getting characters and barely having enough gems during each event to get those. The last two (maybe three) events I've had enough gems to get the float also, but I'm already missing out on so many floats, that it just doesn't seem like a major focus at this point. Honestly there are still a lot of premium characters that I don't have as every time I get enough gems another event seems to come along...

Since you asked here's my character status:
Just got the welcome tasks for Wendy and Shere Khan today - so still a million years away from having either of them (especially since my magic level is only about 425k)

Max Level: Merlin, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Pete, Dale, Jessie, Woody, Buzz, Bo Peep, Hamm, Sarge, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Tinker Bell, Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner, Mike W., Sully, Celia, Randall, Eve, Zazu, Nala, Simba, Rafiki, Scar, Timon, Pumbaa, Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Carpet, Jafar

Missing Characters: Rex, Hook, Jack Sparrow, Boo, Wall-E, Maximus, Merryweather, King Louie, all Incredibles, all NBC, all Frozen, all Mulan, all B&B, Evil Queen, Grumpy (note the groups I'm missing all from are due to events being before I started and being too smart to gamble on chests)

Level 9 (ready for 10): Iago, Genie, Mad Hatter
Level 8 (ready for 9): Roz, Flynn, Rapunzel, Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde, Alice
Level 7 (ready for 8): Donald, Zurg, Bullseye, Mother Gothel, Aurora, Flora, March Hare, White Rabbit, Doc
Level 6 (ready for 7): Flash(Sapphire chest reward!), Caterpillar, Bashful, Sneezy
Level 5 (ready for 6): Fauna, Bagheera, Cheshire Cat, Snow White, Kanga, Rabbit
Level 4 (ready for 5): Prince Phillip, Baloo, Dopey, Eeyore, Tigger
Level 3 (ready for 4): Toy Alien, Chief Bogo, Happy, Sleepy, Roo, Piglet
Level 2 (ready for 3): Pooh

Recently updated so not yet ready for next level:
Chip: 9 (18 hats away from 10)
Mowgli: 6 (3 baskets and 2 ears away from 7)
Queen of Hearts: 5 (12 fans, 8 ears away from 6)

Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter