• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I agree, but the main thing they want is people to spend money as this is a "for profit" game/company. Maybe they could figure out ways to make money off the main quest? Like premium characters that help with that, even a "Grumpy" like one? Or special attractions that are very hard to get without spending real money or something?

Yep. I realize they do need to earn some money. But there are more creative ways to go about it, like the premium ones in the main storyline, etc. Not just this "hurry before it's too late" nonsense. If they made the actual storyline interesting, we'd want to buy the premium characters so we didn't miss out on the ACTUAL gameplay, not just because we'd want to complete a set or finish before a deadline. And I think people would be enjoiying the game more instead of saying how stressful it's become. Hear that, interns?

I waited till the end to get Grumpy and needed to buy 5 chests to acquire the remaining tokens. The queen was amazing at the end... had enough time to do 6 6hr tasks and her drop rate on Grumpy tokens was 100%.

So overall thoughts...
Good - the dwarves washing by the stream is an instant classic / Queen's animation is superb / Happy's drop rate of the owl tokens was excellent, I say probably close to 90%
Bad - mine carts not being active on the ride without peeps / overlapping tasks for the Queen's tokens / the wide range of prize values of the sapphire chests (I got the cheapest RC racer so I wasn't too happy about that) / the whole Grumpy situation and the loot chests
Ugly - the atrocious drop rate of Grumpy's tokens for Dopey, as a premium character, I have to say he has been pretty useless / drop rates for the Queen's tokens coupled with 14.99 bundle reminder on her welcome screen is just cheap

I spent more on this event than I ever have. I will usually buy the first event character as they usually have a good deal with the character and a concession that helps you collect EC. But I usually get the second character with existing gems. I decided not to this time as I wanted to try to get Grumpy, so I went ahead and got Happy(?) and Mine Train deal. I should have waited to get Grumpy, but about halfway through I went ahead and went for him. I was a few Owls short, so I went ahead with the other promotion - 100 gems and 5000 EC. I can't think of any other set that I'd spend all that on, since Lion King and BatB are already out.

I'm most upset that I spent a ton of gems on Grumpy, then when I didn't get him in time he disappears!!! All those gems for nothing!! I spent everything I had trying to get him!

I'm most upset that I spent a ton of gems on Grumpy, then when I didn't get him in time he disappears!!! All those gems for nothing!! I spent everything I had trying to get him!
Sorry to hear that your hard earned gems are gone. Really this event was worst.

By some miracle, I actually got to welcome the Queen just before the event ended. I happened to wake up in the middle of the night last night, and checked my game for the heck of it- got drops from all tasks and reset them, getting the rest of what I needed late this morning. I can't even believe it. I'm so happy to be able to say I didn't spend any real money for her, although all the gems I had earned before this event are gone. I hope we get a good, long break.

Thank goodness that's over. I had to throw 84 gems at getting the queen as I needed 2 hats for the last 48 hours and didn't get a single drop. Yuk yuk and yuk some more.

I did however watch the toy story short with partysaurus Rex in it for the first time today and finally realised what on earth that concession was all about!!

PSA: If you are still working on collecting tokens for Alice or the Queen of Hearts, don't forget to put Mickey & Minnie back into their Halloween costumes so they can work on those tokens.

Thank you for this, because I did forget.

In addition are there any other characters that are beneficial to have in costumes for tokens?

Thanks in advance

By some miracle, I actually got to welcome the Queen just before the event ended. I happened to wake up in the middle of the night last night, and checked my game for the heck of it- got drops from all tasks and reset them, getting the rest of what I needed late this morning. I can't even believe it. I'm so happy to be able to say I didn't spend any real money for her, although all the gems I had earned before this event are gone. I hope we get a good, long break.
Same for me. I’ve never cut an event this close before. I’m usually done with a day or two to spare.

Let me be blunt and somewhat derisive: if you bought gems in an attempt to get Grumpy, don't complain about what Gameloft does, because your willingness to spend real money on RNG is why they do it. You told them with your wallet that no matter how much players complain about loot box cash grabs, keep doing them because it works.
Very true...but 'Ouch'. The truth can be harsh sometimes. I guess we'll see it this Grumpy idea worked financially for them when they dish out the new event. I really don't want to pay 15 gems for honey colored chests to get Tigger!!!!

I know Snow White ended today, and that’s cool, I need a breather as it is. My own thoughts and wishes, the next section is Winnie the Pooh, as a main story line event.

Winnie the Pooh
Piglet
Tigger
Eyeore
Owl
Rabbit
Kanga
Roo
Christopher Robbing
maybe a Hephalump?

“I’m just a little black rain cloud, hovering under a honey tree, I’m only a little black rain cloud pay not attention to little me.......”

Very true...but 'Ouch'. The truth can be harsh sometimes. I guess we'll see it this Grumpy idea worked financially for them when they dish out the new event. I really don't want to pay 15 gems for honey colored chests to get Tigger!!!!

If they were to do with Tigger what they did with Grumpy, I'd be devastated. He's one of my favorite characters, but I will not pay to gamble on the chance of getting what I would need for him. I didn't even come close with Grumpy just on what I earned from contests and such.

On another note, I wonder if the interns read the comments on the game's Facebook page. There are a lot of unhappy people commenting on this event.

Now that the event is over it looks like all the dwarfs and Snow White have tasks to get tokens to level up grumpy. I was worried it would take me forever once the special chests were gone but it looks like I will have him at a ten in no time now!

On another note, I wonder if the interns read the comments on the game's Facebook page. There are a lot of unhappy people commenting on this event.

Wow! I just took a peek over there after reading your comment and I see nothing but angry people. I have a feeling they are reading. Will they listen? Probably not since I'm guessing they made a ton of money on this stupid event. Long time players are very unhappy now and calling them greedy. I guess Greedy really is the 8th dwarf in the Snow White event.

So, it took about 400 gems to finish up Grumpy. At least he cost less than the main storyline premium characters, I guess. I pretty much had to be guaranteed to get all the remaining items I needed, with the gems I had, otherwise I would have just let it go and been content with 6 dwarves. We've already seen in this thread that there are people who spent so many gems on these chests and STILL didn't get him.

However! I had to work pretty darn hard in order to even get to that point. And I STILL had to use 400 gems. That's pretty messed up, and frankly I'm surprised by the people who "only" spent 700-800 gems to "buy" him at the very beginning. They must have been lucky and gotten very little garbage in their chests. The way this was set up, there is no way that someone would have been able to get Grumpy without buying chests, even placing 1st in every mini event. 60 owls, only one 12 hour task, and yet Happy wasn't unlocked until halfway through? 40 legendary hats, and again only one 12 hour task to do it? Even sending Happy and Dopey out exclusively for Grumpy tokens, the math just doesn't work out, and then there's a real chance of not even finishing the event.

I've been F2P this whole time, and I realize I've gotten some good entertainment out of this game for nothing, so I had decided towards the end of the event that if I ran out of gems, I'd finally purchase one of the character deals during the next event, to show my appreciation. But then...

...to add insult to injury, now that the event is over, all other 4 dwarves and Snow White can now get his tokens. REALLY???

So at this point, I've still got 225 gems and will keep building them up as usual in between events, and I'm probably going to continue to be F2P for the forseeable future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter