The Queen currently at level 5, 3/6 needed to level up

Grumpy currently at level 5, 1 ear needed to level up

Sleepy currently at level 6, 6 ears needed to level up

Snow White currently at level 7, 3 birds needed to level up

Happy currently at level 8, 2 ears needed to level up

Sneezy leveling up to 9

Queen of Hearts currently at level 9, 36/36 needed to level up

Toy Alien currently at level 9, 14/15 needed to level up

How is everyone going on the Quest for levelling their Characters up? I have all of Alice at or ready for 10. Shere Khan still at 7, Baloo and Bagheera getting the final tokens for 10, Mowgli just wants to go to 10, but all the new characters have pushed him to the back of the line. Alien needs 4 more hats for level 9, have the elixir but why bother when he can collect himself he is at the bottom of the list for levelling up anyways. Must say Although Grumpy has more possible drops he is so slow now, ear hats are being a pain, he has all the owls, he needs 6 more ears for level 8. Snow White and most dwarfs are awaiting their turn to go to 8 except sleepy who is collecting for 7, and dopey who wants to go to 9 but needs to wait his turn. Queen needs a few more items for 6. Character book is working overtime ;)

All the Snow white characters except for Queen and Grumpy who I didn't manage to get are on level 7 collecting tokens with a few ready for 8.

Alice collecting tokens for level 10.
Catterpillar ready for 10.
I didnt get the queen!

Bagherra and mowgi ready for level 10.

Everyone else is level 10. I missed the frozen, incredibles and nbc events.

Only diamond characters i have are merryweather and rex in the main storyline.

1st time posting. I am currently on my 1st battles with Shere Khan. I was wondering to build currency (i only have a little over 100 000) as the jungle book prices are killing me lol - is it better to build currency from sending characters home or to keep sending them on 4 hour quests or 8 or 12 overnights like ive been doing?

1st time posting. I am currently on my 1st battles with Shere Khan. I was wondering to build currency (i only have a little over 100 000) as the jungle book prices are killing me lol - is it better to build currency from sending characters home or to keep sending them on 4 hour quests or 8 or 12 overnights like ive been doing?
I don't think they're giving as much magic for not using characters regularly, so you are probably better off sticking with tasks. I believe Shere Khan requires 1 million magic to welcome him, if memory serves me correctly.

How is everyone going on the Quest for levelling their Characters up? I have all of Alice at or ready for 10. Shere Khan still at 7, Baloo and Bagheera getting the final tokens for 10, Mowgli just wants to go to 10, but all the new characters have pushed him to the back of the line. Alien needs 4 more hats for level 9, have the elixir but why bother when he can collect himself he is at the bottom of the list for levelling up anyways. Must say Although Grumpy has more possible drops he is so slow now, ear hats are being a pain, he has all the owls, he needs 6 more ears for level 8. Snow White and most dwarfs are awaiting their turn to go to 8 except sleepy who is collecting for 7, and dopey who wants to go to 9 but needs to wait his turn. Queen needs a few more items for 6. Character book is working overtime ;)
I have every character and they are all maxed out except for the Snow White crew.

Bashful-9
Doc-9
Sneezy-9
Dopey-10
Happy-9
Snow White-Currently leveling up to 9
Evil Queen-7
Grumpy-8
Sleepy-7

Anyone hear any rumors yet as to what is next and when? I haven't looked at the DMK facebook page that much recently.

I believe when you send them home they earn 50% of what they would earn doing their won 12 hour task so if you are able to have them out doing tasks then you will build up more - obviously the balance between how many characters you have and thus how long you want to spend playing at any one time but if the goal is building more magic it is better to take the time to have them doing tasks. Generally doing multiple shorter tasks gets you more than one longer one - so if you can play more often you are better doing 2 4 hours tasks rather than 1 8 hour one (for example). Also generally you are better having characters do individual tasks rather than joint tasks - so Mickey and Minnie each doing a separate 4 hour task will get you more combined magic than them do one 4 hour task together

So every so often I send everyone off on one or two hour tasks, and in this instance, I found out that some characters were home and could have been gaining tokens.

I then did some basic math and we are getting screwed shall we say on the home front. In home, it's 8 magic per hour, and when you run an hour long task, it's 40 + 4, which is 5x more magic for the same amount of time. If you're out and about I'm sure it's easier to put the characters home, and at the same time, it would be nice if it was the same amount of magic for the same time frame.

Maybe this is just my own thoughts and maybe I'm the only one who cares, but I just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention.

Frankly I am pleasantly surprised they are giving any magic at all when not playing those characters. I did send most of mine there, since with 18M magic I'm not too concerned about losing it all that quickly, but my advice for players who need magic to progress is to actively play all the characters you have. Give them short tasks if you are able to play often, or longer tasks if you cannot, but you're still going to come out with more magic if you are using all your characters. Just my 2¢.

So every so often I send everyone off on one or two hour tasks, and in this instance, I found out that some characters were home and could have been gaining tokens.

I then did some basic math and we are getting screwed shall we say on the home front. In home, it's 8 magic per hour, and when you run an hour long task, it's 40 + 4, which is 5x more magic for the same amount of time. If you're out and about I'm sure it's easier to put the characters home, and at the same time, it would be nice if it was the same amount of magic for the same time frame.

Maybe this is just my own thoughts and maybe I'm the only one who cares, but I just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention.
if you can log in every hour then you get the highest rate. But if you can only play every 8 or 12 or 24 hours then your characters may have to be on long tasks which earn less per hour, or may not even have long tasks they can do, so you could get better return then by having them home.

actually, just looked at the numbers. with Jessie for instance, she can earn 500 over a 24 hour task, so it really only pays to send her home if you are away for days...!

since with 18M magic I'm not too concerned about losing it all that quickly,

How do you get 18m magic? Mine disappears as fast as I can earn it through leveling up and welcoming new characters... looking through the DMK wikia walk through there are done expensive tasks coming up for me (only just welcoming Repunzel)

Being in the club of having more magic than we should ever need, being able to not deal with 78 characters at all for days or weeks is a great feature they added. I only take them out if they get a wish or just a few of them lately for the new event tokens. I think I am actively using like 15 characters right now max.

As for how some of us got so much magic, there was a time about a year ago (longer?) where there was no new storyline for a couple of months and a lot of people had maxed out every character available. There was quite literally nothing to do but collect and accumulate magic. My recollection would be that was around the time of battling and then welcoming Mother Gothel...? I am guessing for maybe 16 months now it's been pretty much only events, during which time regular magic again just continues to accrue. They tried to knock it down by having several one-million magic 'items' in the Jungle Book stuff, but I've already regained all that and more. But, those one-million magic items would probably be a pretty big setback for those who haven't played the game as long, as McNs alluded to.

Hi! I’ve only been playing since the week before AIW event. Did rather poorly there but not too bad in SW. as far as the story line, I’m not sure if I’m missing something to defeat Zurg. Do I have to welcome Eve? I’ve passed that task but haven’t earned any of the items yet. I’ve just leveled Celia to 2 and welcomed Roz. So I’m working through those tasks with Mike but when I look in the Wiki I’m not sure this is right. Also didn’t welcome Pete yet-waiting on last item. Am I just impatient or have I missed a step. Thanks for any suggestions.

Color me jealous! Maybe one day I will have 18M magic too, :) right now, I hover just below 3M at a constant basis, because I keep living up characters and some of them are super expensive.

Sorry - I know it's hard when you don't have enough. Like a PP stated, I've been playing a long time and for a while there wasn't much to do and nothing to spend magic on. I remember feeling magic-poor and how lots of people had concession farms and lots more than I did, but once you catch up to the main storyline there is nothing to spend magic on and then it just accumulates. These events turn the magic you would normally earn into EC - so it will slow down the main storyline.

I'm level 36 and currently,I have two characters to unlock(Philip and Donald)and Zootopia PD to build. At the moment I'm building A LOT of concessions to try and bulk up my funds. The ones I'm focusing on are the Burger Stand,the Mickey's Hat Emporium and the Pretzel Stand,mainly because they generate Magic quicker. But I'm wondering if that's the right strategy?

Bought 3 Incredible Chests, as I wasn't playing during that event. Useless decorations and magic in 2, Frozone in the last one. I need 2 more characters so I need spend another 60-120 gems on chests.

Sorry - I know it's hard when you don't have enough. Like a PP stated, I've been playing a long time and for a while there wasn't much to do and nothing to spend magic on. I remember feeling magic-poor and how lots of people had concession farms and lots more than I did, but once you catch up to the main storyline there is nothing to spend magic on and then it just accumulates. These events turn the magic you would normally earn into EC - so it will slow down the main storyline.
I can't even figure out how I've got 12.5 million, then. Everyone keeps posting about how they set up these concession stand farms to gain magic, and I never once did that during my whole near two years of playing this game. Never bought and returned benches, never set up patches of burger stands. Just accumulated it. Somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter