Disney Magic Kingdoms

My production from chests has been horrible since the update. Pretty much nothing but magic; not even any benches I can trade in.
Me too except I'm getting purple fabric again all of a sudden. I thought I'd collected it all for Mini and Daisy's Halloween costumes. I never changed them into the costumes because I was busy with the Aladdin event but I thought I'd collected enough since it stopped being an option in chests. Did the required amount change? I just don't really see the point in these costumes but I haven't played during a holiday before. Are they useful?

I was so happy for that happiness award because ever since the event ended, I stopped getting wishes and it just got fixed yesterday. Needless to say, I was struggling with getting my happiness back up until now.

That would have been a nice boost for you then. Its good its been fixed.

Thanks for your input. I guess I'll change them into costumes just to have them. I looked on the wiki page and Daisy's Halloween costume is listed as needing 10 purple fabrics. Now she needs 12. This might be a sign her costume will be useful in the future? I guess Halloween is coming early to my park. I will be changing them in to costumes today!
Minnie has been helpful collecting tokens in hers. For some reason its not just in the holiday timeframe that they can be useful, it can happen anytime. Cant remember if Daisy was helpful.

Remember my mentioning endless character welcomes.... Well, I've now been asked to welcome Fauna as well! So I'm currently working on collecting items for Fauna, Donald, and Chip! And of course Fauna shot to the top of the task list, so now I have to change directions and get everyone focusing on her. At least I finally have everything to start leveling Minnie up to lvl 8 overnight tonight so she can help with Donald items tomorrow. :-)

JUst started collecting for Flora. geez 20 of everything! Lol

I sent in a ticket already but thought I'd mention it here. I bought the bundle of 6 incredibles legendary chests. One of the chests gave me 'the incredibles' building which was an option listed before i purchased. When I went to place it in my kingdom, it didn't show up on any buildings tab. When I checked the possible rewards again, it was no longer listed. I feel so cheated out of my chest

I also got the Incredibles building in a chest, but didn't show it in my inventory. I'd only bought one chest with the 60 gems, so I just switched devices and backed up to before I'd bought the chest, rather than submitting a ticket.

SO WHAT Do you guys think about a SKIP REWARDS? Is it a new way to suck gems? I am welcoming Baloo today and Jungle Book attractions are very expensive I think for the ones who are not playing for very long...

Actually loved King Louis animations however. :)

I just saw the SKIP REWARDS as well and was wondering what it meant. I agree it sounds like a way to just suck gems. Previously you could pay to complete the task with gems, so that doesn't seem new. But based on the wording "SKIP REWARDS" it seems that if you pay the gems for this you lose the item(s) you would get for that task. Total waste of gems in my opinion.

SO WHAT Do you guys think about a SKIP REWARDS? Is it a new way to suck gems? I am welcoming Baloo today and Jungle Book attractions are very expensive I think for the ones who are not playing for very long...

Actually loved King Louis animations however. :)
Very weird. As I'm reading this post, I just clicked Mowgli's check to complete his 2-hour quest, and was prompted to welcome Baloo as well!

I just saw the SKIP REWARDS as well and was wondering what it meant. I agree it sounds like a way to just suck gems. Previously you could pay to complete the task with gems, so that doesn't seem new. But based on the wording "SKIP REWARDS" it seems that if you pay the gems for this you lose the item(s) you would get for that task. Total waste of gems in my opinion.
Nope I think it's like: if you skip the time and pay gems the probability to get tokens is increased by 15%!

Very weird. As I'm reading this post, I just clicked Mowgli's check to complete his 2-hour quest, and was prompted to welcome Baloo as well!

I think we are all about the same poin but actually this is very nice :)

I was so happy for that happiness award because ever since the event ended, I stopped getting wishes and it just got fixed yesterday. Needless to say, I was struggling with getting my happiness back up until now.

I think that was the purpose of the event. Everyone who placed once got 25 happiness. Just a differnet way instead of one of those pop ups tat say, hey we messed up have some goodies.

After Mowgli finishes a 2 hour mission (can’t remember the name) you get to start welcoming Baloo.

Baloo requirements:
30 Prickly Pears

20 Disguise Props - includes a 2 hour, 4 hour and 3 6 hour jobs
20 Baloo ear hats - Rare - includes a 1 hour, and 4 2 hour jobs

300,000 Magic
12 hours to welcome

If anyone wants to know who is required for the jobs, let me know and I can list them.

Last edited:

I think it's a pathetic money grab. All this buying items, skipping steps, etc. feels like cheating to me. Just defeats the actual purpose of playing the game for me. :(

And while we're at it, why aren't there any "magic" characters instead of "gem" characters? At this point, I have enough magic to welcome all four buzzards, the entire elephant herd, and most of the animators who worked on the film.

Exactly they need to come up with new ways for us to use our excessive magic other than the new land openings. With many of us who have been playing for so long and accumulated so much of it nothing is putting a dent in the amount we have built up. Looks as though this has been overlooked. They seem to be trying to get us to waste gems with the new skip for drops feature it makes sense to rid us of this magic when you can purchase magic for gems. Why would someone ever waste gems for magic when there is no need to. If the magic we collect was more precious to us than gems and not so readily available and we needed it then maybe we might use this option. It needs to become useful at some point.

Exactly they need to come up with new ways for us to use our excessive magic other than the new land openings. With many of us who have been playing for so long and accumulated so much of it nothing is putting a dent in the amount we have built up. Looks as though this has been overlooked. They seem to be trying to get us to waste gems with the new skip for drops feature it makes sense to rid us of this magic when you can purchase magic for gems. Why would someone ever waste gems for magic when there is no need to. If the magic we collect was more precious to us than gems and not so readily available and we needed it then maybe we might use this option. It needs to become useful at some point.
How do you get so much magic built up? I keep trying but I can't seem to get ahead with it.

It just happens when you have nothing to spend it on and send the characters out on tasks each day plus I have most of the characters and I am level 49.
Just reached level 50 yesterday actually. And there is literally no difference from when I was at level 1. I mean, why bother? It's as useless as the guest count. Both have zero impact on game play.

Last edited:
Just reached level 50 yesterday actually. And there is literally no difference from when I was at level 1. I mean, why bother? It's as useless as the guest count. Both have zero problems mpact on game play.

Sounds anticlimactic. And only one gem per level up!
Could have been each level reached gave us that amount of gems. At least there would be an incentive to level up.

Me too except I'm getting purple fabric again all of a sudden. I thought I'd collected it all for Mini and Daisy's Halloween costumes. I never changed them into the costumes because I was busy with the Aladdin event but I thought I'd collected enough since it stopped being an option in chests. Did the required amount change? I just don't really see the point in these costumes but I haven't played during a holiday before. Are they useful?

I've been getting purple fabric all of a sudden again too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter