Disney Magic Kingdoms

Livestream summary from reddit:

Update 43: Emperor’s New Groove & Wreck it Ralph Tower Challenge.

• Update starting to roll out from Tuesday August 25th.
  • Update may be released at different times on different platforms.
  • Any delays will be notified.
🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙
Emperors New Groove Permanent Content
  • ENG content will be a MAIN kingdom quest storyline.
  • Will need to have finished pocahontas storyline ‘Sweet Rewards’ to unlock the ENG STORYLINE.
  • Human Kuzco costume teased possibly comig down the line.
Characters: Kuzco (Llama form). Pacha. Kronk (Premium). Yzma.
Attractions: Yzmas Lair. Mudka’s Meat Hut.
Float: Yzmas potion cupboard. Llama Kuzco turning into a parrot and back.
Concessions: None. Not even a Spinach Puffs stand 😭
Tower Challenge Starts Thursday August 27th
  • WRECK IT RALPH
  • If you beat all three chapters in the tower this time you can unlock ‘bonus content’. Which will be tokens for Comfy Cinderella costume which will be available again. Tokens available to buy with any excess MC you may earn.
  • Full team bonus returning.
Main Prize: Gord. (NOT King Candy.)
Returning Characters: Anna. Rabbit. Ralph.
Returning Attractions: Arendelle Ice Rink. Rabbits House. The Internet. (Big thanks to asingleant & mariellleyyy & _beautiful_calamari for filling in the gaps here!)
Featured Collections: 1) Frozen. Toy Story. Monsters Inc. Jungle Book. 2) Cinderella. Wall- E. Peter Pan. 3) Mickey + Friends. Pocahontas. Zootopia. Full list in patch notes.
Featured Characters: 1) Olaf. 2) Tigger. 3) Calhoun.
REFRESH TOKENS: Kronk. Sarge. Buzz. Jessie. - There will be a Kronk bundle available during the TC. I suppose its a way for early access to Kronk if youve not finished Main Questline after Pocahontas quests.
NEW CONCESSIONS: 1) Vanellope ice cream stand. 2) Bunny balloon stand. 3) Kitty Balloon Stand.
NEW QOL FEATURE: TC menu will show how many points each character will earn you.
LAND
  • One spot outside of Expedition Everest unlocked.
  • Available when adjacent plot is unlocked. (By Frontierland/Adventureland portal)
  • Expedition Everest NOT unlocked this time.
Balancing Changes
  • Frozen and WIR floats moved from -Legendary chests to Parade Float.
  • Animation academy is back, will be available in Merlins Shop for elixir
  • Natalie has reaffirmed YET AGAIN that chests are and have always been predetermined as soon as you open them. (If i see one more post about this after this livestream... 😂)
HINT FOR NEXT UPDATE: Critters event. Shocking and ghoulish fun.

So if we already have Cinderella’s Comfy costume this TC is worthless? Instead, why not just make it a comfy costume TC and give us an opportunity to get multiple Characters comfy costume tokens?

Also, I’m aware the tokens are predetermined the moment you open them, but if we can still time them correctly we can get the item we want, right? 😉 Seriously though, I don’t know why they just don’t get ride of the animations and show us all the items we got on a static screen.

EDIT: Just reread your post and saw that Gord (?) was the new TC character. Still like the idea of having access to multiple comfy costume tokens though,

Wow. Guess I can totally ignore this TC. Couldn't care less about Gord (I had to look him up, too) and I already have all the "returning" characters and attractions. The only possible plus is if they throw a free Frozen or WiR chest at us so we can try for Olaf or Calhoun.

I am 2 ears away from welcoming Pocahontas and I want to accumulate a bunch of gems so I can get Kronk when I reach that point, so that's where my focus is. Oh, and I pulled Shang from the Mulan chest this morning, so I'm working on him.

Did anyone ask for that character lol? Like of ALL the possible side characters in ALL the Disney movies they choose “Gord”? I’ve actually seen Ralph Breaks the Internet a few times and still had to Google. Yet there’s still no Jaq and Gus from Cinderella? I also have the comfy costume already (though for what??) so no incentive there.

Since I don’t care at all about the TC character, what do people think about just going through the motions and hoarding event currency in order to get a high gem conversion at the end and the prizes along the way?

Since I don’t care at all about the TC character, what do people think about just going through the motions and hoarding event currency in order to get a high gem conversion at the end and the prizes along the way?
I thought it was a solid 1 gem issued, regardless of total currency?

It's like 4000:1, so it's not great.

Since I have no chance at the character, I'll hope the comfy costume is cheaper. Last time, I got to 20K EC leftover (slightly more, I bought a couple Owl Ear Hats just in case for later). This one seems harder with not having any featured characters yet, though, so we'll see. Also, Labor Day weekend is during the transition from Chapter 2 to Chapter 3.

Nice planning, interns! (Wait, I think I'm too new to use that line.)

It always use to be, but I think they’ve changed it? Still has never been worth it for me to hoard TC EC.

Nice planning, interns! (Wait, I think I'm too new to use that line.)

It’s never to early to use that line!

Think this is the closest I’ve been to finishing off all my characters in a long time!

Owl - 5

Hercules - 9
Hades - 9
Panic - 8

Panic seems to be the toughest to collect for. I think I’ll probably finish Hercules and Hades before I get Panic to level 9.

Oh bummer! Usually in a TC I don’t have a lot of EC left over at the end so I haven’t gotten many gems anyway. All right, so there is literally zero incentive to participate in the challenge...

Also there are about 500 more Star Wars characters they could have picked for a TC...

Also just ONE pitiful square of land?? This was by far the most underwhelming live stream announcement (although Emperors New Groove is fine...)

Well, just an update on where I'm at:
  • Main storyline: I just passed the "Welcome Aurora" task that I got to bypass by welcoming her early during the Pocahontas preview. Looking like I'll be ready to start collecting tokens for Judy Hopps Wednesday early afternoon. Here's hoping I can welcome her in time for Chapter 3. :)
  • Hercules characters:
    • Phil: 9, with all tokens for 10
    • Hercules: 7, almost ready to level to 8
    • Meg: 9, with all tokens for 10
    • Pegasus: 7, halfway to 8
    • Pain: 8
    • Hades: 8
    • Panic: 7, most of the way to 8
    • The big sticking point lately has been finding the time to level the Hades characters while not interfering with other folks.
  • Other characters:
    • I now have 5 level 10 characters (Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, Woody, and Tink). 5 more characters are sitting at 9, ready to go to 10 (Minnie, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Phil, Meg). 34 total characters are at level 7 or higher.
    • Got the Welcoming Donald task last Monday afternoon, and already have 60% of the Legendary tokens and 80% of the Epic tokens.
    • On the other hand, I also got the Welcoming Pascal task last Tuesday afternoon, and still don't have an ear token. Yikes!

The only viable explanation I can come up with for putting such a bit (HA! Get it? Because computers) character in a tower challenge is they initially wanted to put Gord in the original event and didn’t have sufficient time so they shelved it and are adding him now just so that time spent on character modeling and coding wasn’t wasted and now it makes suitable filler content.

Just got the update for iOS. Kronk is 500 gems and the new piece of land is $2M.
Chump change. Although it does put a crimp in my plans to try and pass 55 million magic and then just put all unneeded attractions away. Every plot of land is clear, Star Wars included, except for the California Screamin' area's thrill zone and then the front plan of Tomorrowland, where I've been sticking the necessary buildings that wont fit into California Screamin'. I don't need magic any longer, and so I can clear out the eyesore that the interns had me build to get full magic from that ridiculous orb thing. I'm also tired of seeing those pointless Mickey bubbles above attractions whose enchantment will serve ZERO purpose. Time to shelve most attractions.

Chump change. Although it does put a crimp in my plans to try and pass 55 million magic and then just put all unneeded attractions away. Every plot of land is clear, Star Wars included, except for the California Screamin' area's thrill zone and then the front plan of Tomorrowland, where I've been sticking the necessary buildings that wont fit into California Screamin'. I don't need magic any longer, and so I can clear out the eyesore that the interns had me build to get full magic from that ridiculous orb thing. I'm also tired of seeing those pointless Mickey bubbles above attractions whose enchantment will serve ZERO purpose. Time to shelve most attractions.

My surplus building are over in frontierland. I am almost to the point to spend elixir on finishing Pocahontas characters. Just tired of sending people on tasks for them. Not like elixir is good for much else anymore either. The attractions left to buy don't give you any extra bonus, like gold trophies . So not sure why I need them,

My surplus building are over in frontierland. I am almost to the point to spend elixir on finishing Pocahontas characters. Just tired of sending people on tasks for them. Not like elixir is good for much else anymore either. The attractions left to buy don't give you any extra bonus, like gold trophies . So not sure why I need them,
Elixir really has become obsolete, outside of the occassional happiness lock lately because I simply do not care much about this game lately. I've been lax on upgrading my Hercules characters and am even more casual with Owl, especially since his tokens take such a long time. Yawn......

I know I have a little OCD, but does it bother anyone else that the Hercules characters come before the Onward characters in game play since the tower update? Makes no sense to me.
I think they fixed this with the update. Yay. Sometimes it's the little things.

I know I have a little OCD, but does it bother anyone else that the Hercules characters come before the Onward characters in game play since the tower update? Makes no sense to me.
I think they fixed this with the update. Yay. Sometimes it's the little things.

I know @anya.sparrow post was from a few weeks ago, but the entire way that characters are grouped bugs me! :rotfl: I could be off 1 or 2, but there appears to be 78 groupings of characters with some movies getting as many as 3 tabs. For some reason, TENG is placed in the 34th tab which makes them even harder to find. Shouldn’t it be at the end of everything? As a close to day 1 player I find it incredibly annoying to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to check items I need or characters to level, or even worse trying to find TENG tab. I’ll say it again they need a tab at the top of the character window that puts every character that can still be leveled in it.

There is a new building available from this patch for Elixir.

I know @anya.sparrow post was from a few weeks ago, but the entire way that characters are grouped bugs me! :rotfl: I could be off 1 or 2, but there appears to be 78 groupings of characters with some movies getting as many as 3 tabs. For some reason, TENG is placed in the 34th tab which makes them even harder to find. Shouldn’t it be at the end of everything? As a close to day 1 player I find it incredibly annoying to have to scroll all the way to the bottom to check items I need or characters to level, or even worse trying to find TENG tab. I’ll say it again they need a tab at the top of the character window that puts every character that can still be leveled in it.
Certainly there's a better way to do it, but the character groups have always been sorted by 1) current event, 2) permanent content in "story" order, 3) event content in event date order. That's why Star Wars characters appear in two different places.

Trying to figure out why Rabbit isn't grouped in the task list with the rest of the Pooh characters. He randomly appears a few characters later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter