Disney Magic Kingdoms

Wonderful. Perfect timing on the part of this new crop of interns. Very well thought-out. Idiots.

So how do you guys handle the old interns? Throw them a party, throw them down an elevator shaft, or something in between? Any first impression on how the new crop of interns are looking? Do they look like they will continue to uphold the same tradition of incompetence as all previous crops?

Anyone find any Pros/Cons with the current update?

At quick glance I’ve found 2 Cons.
  1. First, is moving Moana characters to the bottom of the list. Understand why they do it but always find that incredibly frustrating when you have to scroll to the bottom every time you want to level or check what items you need for the group of characters people are probably checking the most. They really need to do something different.
  2. They also really Sporked up happiness and it looks like a large number of people are complaining about it on reddit. The positive is they increased the number of happiness you get every time to 10. The negatives are that it now looks like you drop around 20 points per hour and which would mean you could go to bed at 99% ecstatic and wake up dropping down into joyous. It also sounds like you can now only have up to 6 happiness in your kingdom at a time? My guess is they are trying to come up with way to get more people to spend more gems/elixir on Merlin’s happiness enhancements and safeguards?
So once again they are making changes that require players to log in and play more just to accomplish to they were previously accomplished? I guess they are really telling me that they want me to quit the game? :rotfl:

1. First, is moving Moana characters to the bottom of the list. Understand why they do it but always find that incredibly frustrating when you have to scroll to the bottom every time you want to level or check what items you need for the group of characters people are probably checking the most. They really need to do something different.
  2. They also really Sporked up happiness and it looks like a large number of people are complaining about it on reddit. The positive is they increased the number of happiness you get every time to 10. The negatives are that it now looks like you drop around 20 points per hour and which would mean you could go to bed at 99% ecstatic and wake up dropping down into joyous. It also sounds like you can now only have up to 6 happiness in your kingdom at a time? My guess is they are trying to come up with way to get more people to spend more gems/elixir on Merlin’s happiness enhancements and safeguards?
So once again they are making changes that require players to log in and play more just to accomplish to they were previously accomplished? I guess they are really telling me that they want me to quit the game? :rotfl:
I’m VERY upset about the happiness. I’m actually deleting the game right now. I’m just over it. Everything in my story right now is gonna take like 6 months and it just isn’t fun.

I’m VERY upset about the happiness. I’m actually deleting the game right now. I’m just over it. Everything in my story right now is gonna take like 6 months and it just isn’t fun.

So sorry to hear that, but I completely understand. I’m not quit ready to entirely quit at the moment, but will be soon. I have all my Dumbo characters at 9 along with LeFou. Once I max those 4 I planning on calling it quits as well. I’m sure my logic won’t make much sense to anyone else, but to me everything they've done after those characters completely broke the game. So if I finish those 4 characters I’ll feel like I completed the game. :thumbsup2

Also, I think I blame this board much more than I blame the developers. If it weren’t for the great interaction with people here, I woulda quit long ago. SO THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE!!! :rotfl:

Ducky is giving me that Five Nights at Freddy's vibe! He's just there...staring at me from the corner of my screen...like he is just waiting for his opportunity to attack. Hope I make it thru the 30 days and 18hrs. He kinda looks angry at me for some reason...

Finals are over...singing "School's out for the summer" in my head, and now it's time to get real. Here is where I'm at so far:

Dr.F. level 9 (then all done with PatF)
Dumbo lv 8
Gramma T (a.k.a. lamest character in the game) lv 5
Sima lv 7, soon to be 8 after 30 more flowers
Tui lv 8
Pua lv 5
Hei Hei lv 4
Maui lv 6
Moana lv 5

All ready for some new Aladdin characters to play and struggle with!!

Last edited:

So sorry to hear that, but I completely understand. I’m not quit ready to entirely quit at the moment, but will be soon. I have all my Dumbo characters at 9 along with LeFou. Once I max those 4 I planning on calling it quits as well. I’m sure my logic won’t make much sense to anyone else, but to me everything they've done after those characters completely broke the game. So if I finish those 4 characters I’ll feel like I completed the game. :thumbsup2

Also, I think I blame this board much more than I blame the developers. If it weren’t for the great interaction with people here, I woulda quit long ago. SO THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE!!! :rotfl:
Hope you don't go, but there is always LT. I just reached level 46. Still loving that one. When I need to blow off some steam, I do a few brawls and the world is bright again! Maybe, you should do that....you may need to do ALOT!!!!

It's deleted and I'm not looking back lol! I downloaded a new game the other day that I've been enjoying and I'm still playing Animal Crossing.

I noticed the changes are there on happiness. You get more for each happiness clicked on but happiness is dropping faster it appears then before. So you my get more for drops as they said but you will need to use more happiness in the new process.

Really hating this change. They clearly want us tied to playing this game 24/7, which is exactly what I don't want. I guess they are trying to tell me I need to quit.

And the Bo Peep costume is available in just under 17 days.

Because that's what we all need... another costume. I guess they think we want it so badly that the 17 days will just make us want it even more? Dumb interns.

So after Buzz’s 4 hour task comes the Welcome Ducky task. For 30 days later.

This stuff just makes no sense whatsoever. Why even have it show up at this point?

They are telling me the same thing. I'm not letting it take over my life. I played this morning, and now, a few hours later, my happiness dropped to 20%. I'm out if this is the game they are playing. It's sad, because I wouldn't mind paying a bit to play a fun game, but this greed and forcing people's hands is just too much for me to take.

I totally understand. I'll miss you here on this board, but I'll hopefully see you on the CC thread.

Really hating this change. They clearly want us tied to playing this game 24/7, which is exactly what I don't want. I guess they are trying to tell me I need to quit.

Because that's what we all need... another costume. I guess they think we want it so badly that the 17 days will just make us want it even more? Dumb interns.

This stuff just makes no sense whatsoever. Why even have it show up at this point?

They are telling me the same thing. I'm not letting it take over my life. I played this morning, and now, a few hours later, my happiness dropped to 20%. I'm out if this is the game they are playing. It's sad, because I wouldn't mind paying a bit to play a fun game, but this greed and forcing people's hands is just too much for me to take.

I totally understand. I'll miss you here on this board, but I'll hopefully see you on the CC thread.
You'll still see me on the credit card thread. You could always get Animal Crossing and then we could talk about that lol

Sad to see so many players upset and ready to hit the delete button. I may "cheat" on the game a little, but I don't think I'd actually go thru a permanent divorce. I like it too much. This game, while exhausting at times, is kinda fun to me. It's pretty to look at and makes me smile more than frown. And, the crazy antics of the interns definitely keep it interesting. And....there is no way I'm leaving before I take down Hades (whenever that may happen)!

One thing to consider before bailing, the difficult changes that are occuring now could easily be tweaked in the future. And, remember, something exciting is supposed to happen soon. Do you really want to go before you see what it is? Especially those of you who have been here from day 1 or so. Just something to think about before you hit that final "off" button.

I don't even know what to say about the Happiness thing. Unreal. People on the game's Facebook page and forums are ticked off to put it mildly. I'm really hoping Gameloft realizes they're about to lose a bunch of players and fixes it. I don't even want to download the update now.

I've always hated the Happiness aspect because it keeps you tied to the game even when there is no event. There's no way I'll be able to keep it up if I'm only logging on my typical every four hours. And sleeping. I'm going to have to accept the fact that people won't be ecstatic all the time. Or just give this game up for good. Not like I haven't thought about it.

Also to get people to watch the add after the parade runs to earn hapiness

You'll still see me on the credit card thread. You could always get Animal Crossing and then we could talk about that lol

I can't deal with more than one game at a time right now, but I'll let you know if I switch.

Sad to see so many players upset and ready to hit the delete button. I may "cheat" on the game a little, but I don't think I'd actually go thru a permanent divorce. I like it too much. This game, while exhausting at times, is kinda fun to me. It's pretty to look at and makes me smile more than frown. And, the crazy antics of the interns definitely keep it interesting. And....there is no way I'm leaving before I take down Hades (whenever that may happen)!

One thing to consider before bailing, the difficult changes that are occuring now could easily be tweaked in the future. And, remember, something exciting is supposed to happen soon. Do you really want to go before you see what it is? Especially those of you who have been here from day 1 or so. Just something to think about before you hit that final "off" button.

Here's the thing. They keep making it worse. I complained on their FB page, along with a ton of other people. If they don't listen, then yeah, I have no problem quitting. It's just a game, and when it feels more like a chore than fun I think it's time to quit. I'm giving them some time, but today's happiness thing may be the straw that will break this camel's back. I have times when I have tons of time to play, and times when I am too busy, and I would like a game that I don't "have" to play during those busy times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter