Disney Magic Kingdoms

Glitch? Or did you all know this was going to happen?.... Mulan's 2 new costumes are now unavailable, before the event is over! I hadn't paid attention to the countdown on the costumes because I assumed they would end along with the event.

The special to purchase her comfy costume is still there of course.

I am pretty pissed - I went to get the comfy costume after having spent the past few days collecting for it and it is no longer available even though still time left in event ... no notice they would stop being available before the event ended.

I sent them an e-mail but not expecting it to do anything. really upset me (more than I know it should)

I think the greying out is a programming error. There is no way they would give up "last minute panic" costume bundle buying. I think someone forgot that the events run in 24 hour intervals+3 hours when they set up the timers for the costumes.

EDIT - So I see the Comfy Costume bundle is still available, but the Ruby chest one appears to be gone. I still think that something didn't get set up right. Either that, or they really are all kinds of stupid, because this seems to be infuriating people on Reddit a lot more than any of the other complaints, and I'm sure FB is the same.

The question will be, "What do they do about it?"

What's weird is I went into my game, when I first got up, about 9:10 and they weren't greyed out. And I was trying to decide if I was going to just buy the last fabric (it gave me the option for 34 gems) or spend 16 gems per cycle to speed through Crik-ee's task (figured spending 16 would be better than 34, and even 32 would be better, but if I didn't get the drops then it would cost more). I came here to post, and then saw the comments. So then I went back into the game, and even though it hadn't reloaded, it had changed.

that must be it if it is a 3 hour difference from when it became unavailable ... part of me is glad is wasn't just with my game, hopefully they will do something about it - like you said, they pissed off a bunch of people some of whom would be willing to use gems to get the last item or whatever

I barely finished this event, I have all the characters and this was a close one for me. Kinda mad about that.

On the other hand, I can't be too mad because the Princess and the Frog is coming to the kingdom!!! I absolutely adore this movie!!!

I am pretty pissed - I went to get the comfy costume after having spent the past few days collecting for it and it is no longer available even though still time left in event ... no notice they would stop being available before the event ended.

I sent them an e-mail but not expecting it to do anything. really upset me (more than I know it should)

Pretty much my exact feelings. Went to bed with all the needed pieces, but Mulan doing a job, so figured I’d just do it in the morning. Well guess they had other thoughts. Funny thing is I don’t/didn’t care about the costume, but their screw up made me care. Just the perfect way to end a frustrating tower challenge.

Good job GameLoft, really appreciate it. :rotfl:

Pretty much my exact feelings. Went to bed with all the needed pieces, but Mulan doing a job, so figured I’d just do it in the morning. Well guess they had other thoughts. Funny thing is I don’t/didn’t care about the costume, but their screw up made me care. Just the perfect way to end a frustrating tower challenge.

Good job GameLoft, really appreciate it. :rotfl:

usually I don't care about the costumes but I do like the comfy ones just as you can have all the princesses together in that one attraction which was like a big part of the WiR event so I care a bit about them more than others.

My best guess here is that it was a stupid and unplanned move by Gameloft and that they will do something about it, including being kind enough to let people spend actual money to get stuff. I think they get lots of money right in last hour of an event and they wouldn't want to stop people from throwing money at them, after all.

I’ve only seen princess and the frog once and it was a couple of years ago but I absolutely love the Port Orleans area at Disney. The French quarter has such an immersive theme. I’ll probbaly watch the movie again before/during the event. I did that with little mermaid and it got me excited for the event (it was also the first time I had ever seen that movie).

I just leveled mulan up today to level 2 and I really like the animation of her in the training camp.

I haven't stayed at POFQ but I'd like to try it out some day. New Orleans Square at Disneyland has always been my favorite "land" in therms of theming. I like the movie since it's a different take on the old fairytale, but still fun. Little Mermaid is a favorite here - DH & I saw it on one of our first dates, and it was my DD's favorite when she was a little one.

My best guess here is that it was a stupid and unplanned move by Gameloft and that they will do something about it, including being kind enough to let people spend actual money to get stuff. I think they get lots of money right in last hour of an event and they wouldn't want to stop people from throwing money at them, after all.

I haven't stayed at POFQ but I'd like to try it out some day. New Orleans Square at Disneyland has always been my favorite "land" in therms of theming. I like the movie since it's a different take on the old fairytale, but still fun. Little Mermaid is a favorite here - DH & I saw it on one of our first dates, and it was my DD's favorite when she was a little one.
We’ve never been to Disneyland but it’s on our list for a future trip!

I didn’t love little mermaid but I’d watch it again. I have one older brother so we didn’t watch hardly any princess movies. We watched toy story, Hercules, Tarzan and a bunch of other movies that weren’t Disney

We’ve never been to Disneyland but it’s on our list for a future trip!

I didn’t love little mermaid but I’d watch it again. I have one older brother so we didn’t watch hardly any princess movies. We watched toy story, Hercules, Tarzan and a bunch of other movies that weren’t Disney

I grew up going to Disney movies as they were re-released into the theaters. We didn't have a VCR until I was in middle school, and Disney wasn't releasing their movies back then anyway. There were quite a few years where the Disney movies were... disappointing. And many years between the classic princess movies (Snow, Cinder, Aurora) and the release of the Little Mermaid. It was like some sort of rebirth of Disney Studios. I was in college at the time and I can't even tell you how many of my friends went to see the Little Mermaid in the theater multiple times.

Costumes are back. So I spent my 34 gems to buy my missing piece of fabric to get Mulan’s Comfy costume in my IOS game.

Windows game, I am not spending the gems.

I grew up going to Disney movies as they were re-released into the theaters. We didn't have a VCR until I was in middle school, and Disney wasn't releasing their movies back then anyway. There were quite a few years where the Disney movies were... disappointing. And many years between the classic princess movies (Snow, Cinder, Aurora) and the release of the Little Mermaid. It was like some sort of rebirth of Disney Studios. I was in college at the time and I can't even tell you how many of my friends went to see the Little Mermaid in the theater multiple times.
We watched a lot of them at home on vhs when I was a kid. I don’t really remember a lot of movies we went to at the theater but I know we went to the movies a lot

Costumes are back. So I spent my 34 gems to buy my missing piece of fabric to get Mulan’s Comfy costume in my IOS game.

Doesn’t do me much good now. I needed 1 more fabric and since the costume went away before I collected from Cri-kee, it wasn’t available when I collected from him. Not spending money or gems on a ridiculous costume that does nothing anyways.

I don't know whether to laugh or throw my phone...you can now buy the common Mulan token for 100 Elixir each.

I'm guessing this means they scale at the same rate as the other families do, but there are only 4 Mulan characters instead of 7 so it will take longer.

Oh, Gameloft, why do you do this!

Good to know - was one fabric short but just spent the 34 gems to get the comfy one - not about to spend 200+ for the warrior one though

Think this might be final straw for me! Got the final piece for Mulan last night, but couldn’t level her up because she was out on her tower collection. Figured no big deal, I’ll welcome her in the morning and to my surprise she was grayed out with 3 hours left in the event! Had to run a few errands for an hour or two and still grayed out. Hoping it’s a glitch and they “fix” it. It’s funny that something that I didn’t care about at all, her costume, has ticked me off so much! It’s not about not getting the costume, even though I collected everything it time, as much as being reminded of the interns complete and utter incompetence. I don’t know why they still suprise me though?
I don't sweat the costumes anymore, although I do understand why you'd be frustrated with the latest round of bull$hit from the incompetent interns. You can imagine my surprise when I started to work in leveling Cri-kee to 3 and found that both Jack-Jack and the Mayor dropped his tokens. Nice to see that the two latest tower challenge characters actually do something.

Last edited:
I don't know whether to laugh or throw my phone...you can now buy the common Mulan token for 100 Elixir each.

I'm guessing this means they scale at the same rate as the other families do, but there are only 4 Mulan characters instead of 7 so it will take longer.

Oh, Gameloft, why do you do this!
You know what? Never mind. I was going to post something but I don't want it getting back to Gameloft and they correct it.

I don't sweat the costumes anymore, although I do understand why you'd be frustrated with the latest round of bull$hit from the incompetent interns. You can imagine my surprise when I started to work in leveling Cri-kee to 3 and found that both Jack-Jack and the Mayor both dropped his tokens. Nice to see that the two latest tower challenge characters actually do something.

Yeah, I don’t sweat the costumes either. The good thing is they fixed the glitch and I was able to get it. My biggest issue for costumes is that they really dropped the ball with them. If they want us to collect of buy, they should always offer some advantage. Atleast Mulans Comfy costume has an advantage with the 6 minute item collect for Cri-Kee! Problem is, It’s already easy enough to collect that item for him. With the steep 1st item requirement for WiR or tLM, they should have had 1 or 2 costumes that let you collect it in under an hour. Instead, they completely ignore they exist by the next event. Perfect example is Grumpy! They pushed on how he was a special character and made him irrelevant for now Snow White stuff. They way they advertised how special he was gonna be, he should collect items for every event at a quicker time period.

Thanks for the reminder of collecting for Cri-kee! Been busy today and completely forgot we could collect now.

Tiana Event
Searching for info on what characters I need to level up to prep for the Tiana event. Any news? Guesses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter