Disney Magic Kingdoms

So I would guess,if the concession stands are anything to go by,that the three character sets involved in this Tower Challenge are Mulan,Lilo and Stitch,and The Incredibles.

Just as I expected. In my Windows game, I am always elixir poor. My current queue is Primeval Whirl, Fabric for Classic Minnie and Classic Pete (Need 30, bought 2, lol). I finally break 30,000 elixir to buy PW, but I hold off knowing new content is coming. And right on cue, new Merlin attraction. At least, I will have the elixir for that. I don't hold out much luck for the tapper prize or platinum chest offering.

And of course, no new land to put any of this new content!

Of course not! It’s not like they have any they could use... oh wait :rotfl:

My guess is 2 of the 3 attractions will atleast have a 12x12 footprint too.

So do we have to have all the pieces and welcome Cri-Kee before the event ends, or can we continue collecting them and welcome after the event? I’ve always collected enough EC for characters in the Tower event in the end, so I’m not sure. Have no interest in playing that much for this one, so I’d love to be able to welcome after the event.

So do we have to have all the pieces and welcome Cri-Kee before the event ends, or can we continue collecting them and welcome after the event? I’ve always collected enough EC for characters in the Tower event in the end, so I’m not sure. Have no interest in playing that much for this one, so I’d love to be able to welcome after the event.

How many events have you played? And how many times has event content lasted past the event? Of course, you need to Welcome Cri-Kee before the Tower challenge ends. Otherwise, you won't ever be tempted to buy gems to speed up the process. Don't feel like playing, TOO BAD! Buy Gems!

But, I'm reading the Reddit thread, and apparently the final prize is Mulan's comfy costume, and Cri-Kee comes before. So hopefully, that means he will be obtainable with limited gameplay.

I have all attractions apart from Steam Boat Willie but have no room for that or the 2 Mulan attractions. As I don’t really have the time to store them all and rearrange , which ones are best to store? I need to get the Mulan ones out for the new content probably. The only characters I’m working on levelling are Little Mermaid (all 9), Ralph (all 6), Hook and Michael (9) and Mayor (7). The 3 new attractions may be impossible to get, along with SBW but I need to clear a few just in case

How many events have you played? And how many times has event content lasted past the event? Of course, you need to Welcome Cri-Kee before the Tower challenge ends. Otherwise, you won't ever be tempted to buy gems to speed up the process. Don't feel like playing, TOO BAD! Buy Gems!

But, I'm reading the Reddit thread, and apparently the final prize is Mulan's comfy costume, and Cri-Kee comes before. So hopefully, that means he will be obtainable with limited gameplay.

Either way, they don’t have to worry about getting any more money out of me, that ship sailed awhile ago. I’m done supporting this game with cash.

Figured we were required to finish, but we’ve had a number of people mention that the new characters were gonna be permanent content.

At least it looks like it’s gonna be a few weeks until the tower challenge event, so maybe I’ll be a little more motivated to play then?

Thanks to @JamesGarvey for summarizing

Just watched it and will add the timing is that the new permanent content/next update is on Tuesday, January 8th and then the tower event will be "a few weeks later in the month"

Here are a few images. First is the new concessions and decorations. Apparently the billboards are ones that have been used in the actual Disney parks to advertize the game, so sort of meta to have them now in the game
0119_Concessions.jpg

New Attractions (they seem not small but not mega big either. Animation Academy is definitely "long")

0119_Attractions.jpg

New Characters - Cri-Kee is from Tower event and is added to existing Mulan collection (so should get extra gem bonus for re-completing collection) and the Tremaine's are a new collection

and they said Lady Tremain is a PREMIUM CHARACTER and will have a bundle (not shocking)

0119_Characters.jpg

new Mulan Costumes. Warrior is gotten through tokens you get from Ruby and Legendary Chests and the Comfy one you can get as the last reward in the Tower Challenge - first get Cri-Kee and then he helps get last token for this costume
0119_Mulan costumes.jpg

Also mentioned the news icon (which looks like an envelope and is located in the upper right of the screen) and the "balancing" - which is that it will take more tokens to level up Mickey and Friends, Toy Story, and Monster's Inc characters and they said they were doing this as it relates to an upcoming "feature" that they are "super excited about"

Hope this helps!

Thank you everyone for the livestream info. Sounds like fun, even though I'm land poor, it's always welcome to get more permanent content. As far as the tower challenge, just another hoop to jump through, but at least we'll have something to do.

Rain finally stopped and the sun is peeking thru...time to be a kid again and play outside!! Hope everyone else has a great day today!!!

CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS ???

Can we get Adventure Thru Inner Space, too??
Is that the one where they pretended to shrink you? I can never remember remember the name of that ride. I went on it ALOT as a kid at DL. Anyone know to put me out of my misery? I remember it was space themed and that's about all.

(Not so fun)fact:an 18 year old cast member was crushed to death by the revolving set when Carousel of Progess was being redesigned into America Sings. It is said sometimes that people can hear a voice saying "be careful" when they are near the site of the accident.

yeah, if you are talking Disneyland, that would be the ride

If EPCOT then it would likely be Body Wars

EPCOT also had Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

Then, if you wanna stretch the concept, It’s Tough To Be A Bug kind of shrunk you down through its themeing and made you honorary bugs since you were now the same size as them. Of course, there’s that Rescue Rangers coaster in DL’s Toon Town that does the same, and the Toy Story Land, as well as the former Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground at MGM. My child rode an ant.

Is that the one where they pretended to shrink you? I can never remember remember the name of that ride. I went on it ALOT as a kid at DL. Anyone know to put me out of my misery? I remember it was space themed and that's about all.

It's the one that was in Tomorrowland at DL when I was a little kid. I loved that ride.

How the hell is that Carousel of Progress. Maybe these idiots need to focus less on these pointless live streams and take a damn road trip to the parks. or at least do some research online. Even a Google image search will do. Unless I missed the installation of a radar dish on the roof.

How the hell is that Carousel of Progress. Maybe these idiots need to focus less on these pointless live streams and take a damn road trip to the parks. or at least do some research online. Even a Google image search will do. Unless I missed the installation of a radar dish on the roof.
I think you have the best posts on the whole dis lol

Yes, and it was located where Star Tours is now. It was my favorite ride on my first trip. I was 4.

I went to DL as a kid in the 60s and loved "Adventures in Inner Space." It was "presented by Monsanto" and we just called it Monsanto for short. My biggest memories are the giant snowflakes and the big eye looking at you through the microscope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter