• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Pre -event update.

In my IOS game, I just started upgrading Ursula to 10, so she probably won't be completed by the time I'm ready to Welcome the first WIR character. But I wanted to get her done so that I only had Ariel and the Mayor left. Ariel is a long way away, and the Mayor is over halfway to 4. I had the game upgrade, so the countdown is going on the land. Had 11million magic, so no big deal to buy the land.

In Windows, again I feel like my drops have whittled down to nothing. I just got Triton to 9, and Ursula is 9 shell necklaces away from 10. But Ariel is 31 tokens away from going to 9. Mayor has exactly half his tokens for 4. Still waiting for the game update, but I don't have 3 million magic for the land. Only at 2.6 million. But because so many of the attractions I still need are still locked in Platinum chests, I have like 3 unused plots of land so I still have plenty of space for the new buildings.

In preparation of our trip (9 days!) I used Microsoft Rewards points and their sale on Microsoft store GCs to buy $10 to buy the 2nd character+building bundle in my Windows game. And I used Swagbucks points and their sale on iTunes to buy a GC to buy the bundle on my IOS game. I still don't like giving Gameloft the money just because I have the gall to go on a vacation to a REAL Disney park during an event. But at least it's not money out of my pocket.

@Windwaker4444 Did you spend 3 million magic to open the new plot of land? I did, but it kinda sucks that I went thru about 30% of my magic surplus.

Really hope they learned something about the size of new buildings, but I’m not holding out much hope that they have.
I did. I had 12 million in magic just sitting there. That was a crazy price tag on such a small nugget of land. Guess we should just be happy that it won't be dark any longer.

If you figure out what size plots will max it out, please let us know. You are the grand land master after all!!! I didn't start unlocking it until about 1pm, so I won't be able to do anything with it until after the event starts.

These magic requirements just seem ridiculous to me. It doesn't affect me, since I am one of those with 20+ million, but if I was newer to the game and didn't have all that saved up, I don't see how the game would maintain my interest having to actually wait to gather that much magic. And this goes back to at least the Jungle Book update.

This ^ is the one thing that is making me want to quit playing. 2nd update that I have to collect more items for a character that was already ready to level up.

I agree! I’ve been lucky enough to have all of these characters maxed, but never understood why they change item required numbers. I can see how they might change/add who collects items, possible rarely or even times on a rare occasion but only to make it easier, not harder. It’s a real slap in the face to anyone collecting for those characters.

I did. I had 12 million in magic just sitting there. That was a crazy price tag on such a small nugget of land. Guess we should just be happy that it won't be dark any longer.

If you figure out what size plots will max it out, please let us know. You are the grand land master after all!!! I didn't start unlocking it until about 1pm, so I won't be able to do anything with it until after the event starts.

Your a little over 2M more than I have. I also though the plot seemed to be smaller than normal, but as you know, I don’t ever complain about land. :goodvibes

I always use the plot of land the game started with for my new buildings. That way I always know where buildings that collect items are. I'll have to put a few buildings into storage until my new plot unlocks. It will be interesting to find out how many of them will fit into it.

These magic requirements just seem ridiculous to me. It doesn't affect me, since I am one of those with 20+ million, but if I was newer to the game and didn't have all that saved up, I don't see how the game would maintain my interest having to actually wait to gather that much magic. And this goes back to at least the Jungle Book update.

Agree, they do seem to be getting more and more ridiculous! Would be interesting It they could set with some type of price scale so “newer” players would cost less than It does for any of us who been playing since the beginning. Problem I see with this is they would find a way to screw that up also. :rotfl:

Does anyone else think it was a weird decision to start an event on a national holiday? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in America. Most people are busy with things like travelling, cooking, and putting up with people. Wouldn't the day after make more sense?

Does anyone else think it was a weird decision to start an event on a national holiday? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in America. Most people are busy with things like travelling, cooking, and putting up with people. Wouldn't the day after make more sense?
My brother is coming from mississippi and I never get to see him his family because he’s in the navy. It’ll look pretty rude if I’m sitting on my phone the whole time trying to play a game

Right there with you.

If I am correct, Gameloft has their headquarters in France. While they may have offices in other countries, Gameloft is probably more likely to take into account French holidays. Also, don't most of the new events start on a Thursday? While I agree that for some of us in the U.S., starting an event on Thanksgiving will be inconvenient, some of us will welcome the distraction from the family.

If I am correct, Gameloft has their headquarters in France. While they may have offices in other countries, Gameloft is probably more likely to take into account French holidays. Also, don't most of the new events start on a Thursday? While I agree that for some of us in the U.S., starting an event on Thanksgiving will be inconvenient, some of us will welcome the distraction from the family.
France, huh? Interesting. They're offering pumpkin pie stands this week, so I just assumed this game was hip to American traditions.

You obviously have never met my family! I'll be lucky if I make it thru noon without needing some type of distraction to keep me sane. I live in the south...a lot of those stereotypes that people laugh about are really true!! :daisy:

Went and saw Ralph Breaks the Internet today, now I’m a bit more excited for this event! But definitely not happy it’s starting on Thanksgiving
I want to see it too. Heard it is really good. But I lost the vote so I'm being dragged off to Fantastic Beasts...and well...we all know how the reviews are on that one. Hopefully Ralph next weekend!!

Went and saw Ralph Breaks the Internet today, now I’m a bit more excited for this event! But definitely not happy it’s starting on Thanksgiving
We just saw it! It was so good!!!! I’m so excited for the event now! Still a bummer it starts tomorrow. I’ll just have to check every so often and do my best.

Oh yeah, you’re right! I just looked it up and they’re headquartered in Paris! It looks like they have three offices in the US, but I’m pretty sure one of the live-streams made reference to their team being in Canada, so it’s possible this games only connection to the US is really just Disney, with everything else being abroad.

Relative Newbie here (Flynn and Rapunzel's Tower are as far as I've reached.

Playing on IPad Mini.

Still getting Classic Mickey opening screen/icon. Every time I open, game asks if I want to update. I say yes, it opens App Store page for game but button just says "Open" and takes me back to Classic Mickey version. I can't see any way to update.

What am I doing wrong?

Relative Newbie here (Flynn and Rapunzel's Tower are as far as I've reached.

Playing on IPad Mini.

Still getting Classic Mickey opening screen/icon. Every time I open, game asks if I want to update. I say yes, it opens App Store page for game but button just says "Open" and takes me back to Classic Mickey version. I can't see any way to update.

What am I doing wrong?

Go in to the app icon and then pull your screen down to update. It should then show update instead of open.

Oh yeah, you’re right! I just looked it up and they’re headquartered in Paris! It looks like they have three offices in the US, but I’m pretty sure one of the live-streams made reference to their team being in Canada, so it’s possible this games only connection to the US is really just Disney, with everything else being abroad.
There is also an office in Manhattan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter