Disney Magic Kingdoms

Uh, so yeah... used some gems to speed things up to get the mayor. And now he’s useless... because the only character I have is Jack nor buildings to level him up. Rendering the mayor useless as I’ll never be able to level him up...

Oh, and don't forget his mickey ears hat is Legendary. Not sure what the Ribbon is. Either way with only limited characters collecting and small likelihood of getting a drop every 4 or 8 hours, maybe we'll be able to have him up to level 10 a year from now. I say maybe because once we all get him close to level 10, they'll probably change his requirements so that he needs 100 of each item to level up. Character requirements are getting to be utterly ridiculous with this game. Makes me wonder why we spend so much time worrying about getting a character during the Tower events. I'm so ready for them to expand the storyline again.

I'll bet though we get the Wreck it Ralph event, then they'll have another event for Christmas, then another Tower Challenge for January, then another event for February, then yet another event for March, then an Easter event, followed by another Tower Challenge. Somewhere in there we'll get classic Mickey costumes and the Steam Boat. Maybe, just maybe after all of that, we'll get a story expansion and more land by next Summer.

Sorry for being so negative, but this seems to be the general pattern anymore with this game. I've played this for more than 2 years, and do enjoy it, but do wonder why I play this so much anymore. My kids used to play this all the time on their tablets, but stopped playing earlier this year due to boredom. I'd hate to be a new player just starting out with this game, seeing all the characters that are unavailable, and trying to just do the story with all the events going on, feeling like you're missing out on so much.

Last edited:

Oh, and don't forget his mickey ears hat is Legendary. Not sure what the Ribbon is. Either way with only limited characters collecting and small likelihood of getting a drop every 4 or 8 hours, maybe we'll be able to have him up to level 10 a year from now. I say maybe because once we all get him close to level 10, they'll probably change his requirements so that he needs 100 of each item to level up. Character requirements are getting to be utterly ridiculous with this game. Makes me wonder why we spend so much time worrying about getting a character during the Tower events. I'm so ready for them to expand the storyline again.

I'll bet though we get the Wreck it Ralph event, then they'll have another event for Christmas, then another Tower Challenge for January, then another event for February, then yet another event for March, then an Easter event, followed by another Tower Challenge. Somewhere in there we'll get classic Mickey costumes and the Steam Boat. Maybe, just maybe after all of that, we'll get a story expansion and more land by next Summer.

Sorry for being so negative, but this seems to be the general pattern anymore with this game. I've played this for more than 2 years, and do enjoy it, but do wonder why I play this so much anymore. My kids used to play this all the time on their tablets, but stopped playing earlier this year due to boredom. I'd hate to be a new player just starting out with this game, seeing all the characters that are unavailable, and trying to just do the story with all the events going on, feeling like you're missing out on so much.
New player here lol :wave2:

Which characters should I try leveling up in anticipation for wreck it Ralph? I’m welcoming zurg right now and fauna is ready to be welcomed as well.

Well I ran across the DMK FB post and wow are there a TON of angry comments on there.

Which characters should I try leveling up in anticipation for wreck it Ralph? I’m welcoming zurg right now and fauna is ready to be welcomed as well.

I don't think we really know which ones will be useful in the next section, sadly.

It's like the interns are taunting you...

Anyone else notice how hard it's going to be to level up the Mayor. So many NBC characters, yet only 2 can search for each of his items.
Yes, I noticed that. I began working on his tokens this morning and other than the pumpkins, I have not received one. Doesn't help that they are all 4 and 8 hr tasks, but come on...not one token??? Feels like he is filler to keep us busy until the next event begins so the interns made him tough.

On a side note, here is where I stand with the others...
Ariel at lv 8
Triton and Ursula at lv 9
All other LM ready to go to the castle to go to lv 10.
Everyone else is maxed out. I've never been this close to being 100% complete.
Oh yeah, Mayor is at lv 2. May take me awhile to build him up at this rate.

When I clicked on the new Mickey costumes today, it said available in 12 days. I hope we can collect fabric for them and they are not a gem payout. I never really buy the gem costumes. Also, anyone have any idea what the future "Build Steamboat Willie" task means? I don't really keep up with Facebook, so I'm not sure if it has been leaked yet.

Uh, so yeah... used some gems to speed things up to get the mayor. And now he’s useless... because the only character I have is Jack nor buildings to level him up. Rendering the mayor useless as I’ll never be able to level him up...

Same here. I have Jack, Sally and Jack’s house and that’s it. He is stuck at level 2 forever for me!

I was in top 10 of my leaderboard throughout the whole chapter, and this morning fell to #11. The gap between me and #10 was big enough that I would have needed to gem through the tasks twice before right before the event ended. Since the only difference between 10th and 11th place was the hat stand, I decided to keep my gems. I’ll just have to try for the hat stand again next time.

I did exactly the same and was quite pleased I got him with 30 mins to spare (spent around 30 gems) only to find he will be permanently stuck on level 1. I have Jack and Zero but none of the attractions. Won’t bother next time if it is going to be like that.

I did exactly the same and was quite pleased I got him with 30 mins to spare (spent around 30 gems) only to find he will be permanently stuck on level 1. I have Jack and Zero but none of the attractions. Won’t bother next time if it is going to be like that.

I stopped trying to get the rest of the hats for Mayor a few days ago after figuring out the math. I prefer to use gems elsewhere. I like to complete sets but Mayor was not important on my want to have list LOL

Not at all. Just go blow a bunch of cash on chests once the NBC content is back. After all, that is how the interns at Gameloft have designed the game.

I figured out I could just spend 4 gems to speed up the 60 minute welcoming and get 4 gems back for completing him so I didn’t take the chance.

I did the same. I figured if I spent two weeks trying to make this happen and they took him away for that reason, I'd be epically pissed off!

Got a Davey Jones item from a silver chest, got my hopes up he’d been downgraded to non-premium. Nope, just their app being terrible.

I got one this morning as well and haven’t bought him yet

I don’t mind the “giving items for characters you have even if you have enough to level them up” but given items to premium characters you don’t have is a bit annoying

Finally had enough elixir to buy Toy a story Mania and was able to rearrange things to fit it - so I have everything out (though haven’t gotten Bambi’s ice rink yet - no idea where to fit that) - but definitely need more land for the next event or will have to put some attractions away

When I clicked on the new Mickey costumes today, it said available in 12 days. I hope we can collect fabric for them and they are not a gem payout. I never really buy the gem costumes. Also, anyone have any idea what the future "Build Steamboat Willie" task means? I don't really keep up with Facebook, so I'm not sure if it has been leaked yet.

Not sure - but anytime I see “build” I assume it is an attraction needed for the character to perform that task.

Maybe now with the little mermaid characters using the water they will have an attraction - steamboat Willie boat - in the water as well

You're probably in the right ballpark. The new costumes unlock in 11 days, so I wonder if they will become active with the new content release.

Guess that gives me almost 2 weeks to try finishing up my tLM characters.

Sebastian: ready for 10
Scuttle : almost ready for 10
Ariel : ready for 9
Prince Eric: ready for 9
King Triton : ready for 9
Flounder : 9
Ursula : almost ready for 9

I'll check in and say that I'm working on the following characters today:

Ursula - Level 9
Ariel - Level 8
Triton - Level 9
Mayor - Level 2

None are even close to being ready to level up. I have 1 and a half areas of land open (if I put away my concessions there) but it's tight and I hope we get some new land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter