Disney Magic-7 night eastern caribbean cruise(10/26/14)

This will be our first cruise and we are so excited. I signed up for the FE off the other thread for this cruise. I am still uncertain how it works. Will we get more info on it closer we are to the cruise?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Erin

This will be our first cruise and we are so excited. I signed up for the FE off the other thread for this cruise. I am still uncertain how it works. Will we get more info on it closer we are to the cruise?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Erin

If you have any questions, ask away! Each FE group is a little different in terms of how many cabins, cutoff date and other particulars that FE Group members want/decide. For our FE group, the decision was to limit to 15 cabins and close. I will start a second FE group if there is an interest when the first group closes. Once everyone in the FE group has their cabin assignments, I will post or email a final Delivery List, which will include a map of each deck with the cabins of group members indicated by arrows on the map (makes it easier to deliver). The final list will also include instructions on what to do if you upgrade and/or have issues and have a cabin # change.

There is so much information on the Dis and on FB about FE, from ideas on where to buy or how to make; where to find free graphics; ideas of what people give; packing and/or shipping to port; etc.

pixiedust:

If you have any questions, ask away! Each FE group is a little different in terms of how many cabins, cutoff date and other particulars that FE Group members want/decide. For our FE group, the decision was to limit to 15 cabins and close. I will start a second FE group if there is an interest when the first group closes. Once everyone in the FE group has their cabin assignments, I will post or email a final Delivery List, which will include a map of each deck with the cabins of group members indicated by arrows on the map (makes it easier to deliver). The final list will also include instructions on what to do if you upgrade and/or have issues and have a cabin # change. There is so much information on the Dis and on FB about FE, from ideas on where to buy or how to make; where to find free graphics; ideas of what people give; packing and/or shipping to port; etc. pixiedust:

Thank you for the info. I have read up on it and am starting to look for stuff.

Hi Everybody,

I am so happy to have booked my family on our second Disney cruise! We had fun with the FE group last time, and I am very excited to participate again! My husband & I haven't told our 2 boys yet about the cruise - keeping it a secret until October, I hope.

I am looking forward to chatting with and meeting some other families on board.
Kind regards,
Joanne

Hi Everybody,

I am so happy to have booked my family on our second Disney cruise! We had fun with the FE group last time, and I am very excited to participate again! My husband & I haven't told our 2 boys yet about the cruise - keeping it a secret until October, I hope.

I am looking forward to chatting with and meeting some other families on board.
Kind regards,
Joanne

So happy you are joining us Joanne! And that will be quite a surprise for your boys. I will be taking my GD-7 to WDW in May, her first visit. She doesn't know and we need to start planning the big reveal :)

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first time participating in the fish extender. Not sure how to get started other than going to DIS and finding our cruise date. I have ordered an FE from Etsy. Any help or a dive would be great!!
:cool1:

I've read a lot of reports of plumbing problems and flooding on deck 2 :(

I too will be on this cruise with my husband and 2 grandson's. We will be on deck 2 as well and really hope since the ship has been"reimagined" that there will not be plumbing problems.. I certainly won't worry about it. Disney has always done the right thing for us in the past.. I just wish it were tomorrow and I didn't have to wait..lol

I would like to sign up for the Fe I have a room number. Do I just add it to the google doc? We just got off our first cruise and booked this one on the ship yesterday. So excited to try another longer cruise.

Are any admins available to update Post #1? It would be helpful to put all the links to FB group, FE Groups, Palo Brunch sign up, and as more plans come together, any meet and greets, Halloween plans, etc. Thanks so much! :)

Are any admins available to update Post #1? It would be helpful to put all the links to FB group, FE Groups, Palo Brunch sign up, and as more plans come together, any meet and greets, Halloween plans, etc. Thanks so much! :)

I can edit the third post down if the first poster doesn't respond. :)

:worried: Hey everyone. I just read about the flooding on this thread for Deck 2. Now I am super nervous. we can only afford a Deck 1 2 porthole room. Hubby will not do an indoor on a 7 night cruise. Am I going to super sad, is this really happening? oh no.. should I think about doing a shorter cruise and upgrading my room on another cruise. This is our first time sailing and I will be with Hubby, 6 year old and 1 year old. NOW, I am a wreck.. **SOB**

Hey all! I sent a request to the FB group already so I wanted to pop in here and say my family and I are joining in on the fun! It will be me, DH, DS Justin, DS Joshua and DD Emma who will be turning 1!!! So excited! We are in 8058! Look forward to chatting with you all!!

hea we are on this cruise also... super excited for Halloween on the High Seas. We were on the Magic right before it was reimagined and never heard of any flooding problems ever????? can't ever imagine that Disney would let a problem like that go. if it was an accdent they would be on it in a min. we had friends that had a problem with there room and the maitnence was in there asap. so no worries. everything will be fine

Just found this! My family is going on this cruise, too! I've requested to join the fb group. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I just recently joined the board, looking for info and ideas as to what to expect on our first Disney cruise. It is my wife and myself, along with my wife's Mother and one of her friends. They are both in their '80s. Looking forward to a great time.

Can someone fill me in on what all a Disboard group does while on the cruise? Anything or anywhere I need to pay attention to leading up to the cruise date?

Is there any special consideration given to Halloween occurring during the cruise? Is it celebrated? Do kids trick-or-treat?

I just recently joined the board, looking for info and ideas as to what to expect on our first Disney cruise. It is my wife and myself, along with my wife's Mother and one of her friends. They are both in their '80s. Looking forward to a great time.

Can someone fill me in on what all a Disboard group does while on the cruise? Anything or anywhere I need to pay attention to leading up to the cruise date?

Is there any special consideration given to Halloween occurring during the cruise? Is it celebrated? Do kids trick-or-treat?

Welcome! You will have a wonderful time! The Disboard and Facebook groups basically are an opportunity to plan and learn. There is usually a Meet & Greet on embarkation, but sometimes planned for a sea day. After months of talking to each other, it is fun to finally meet. Other activities that are sometimes planned are arranging for a private mixology or tasting; Fish Extender Exchange; linking reservations to dine together in the Main Dining Room; running the 5K on Castaway Cay; sharing cost of private tour guides for excursions, etc.

In terms of Halloween, no one is quite sure yet what activities DCL has planned, but it will definitely include trick or treat for the children, we have heard a costume contest for adults, and the ship will be decorated for Halloween. Come on over and join the Facebook group to keep up-to-date on all activities and meet fellow cruisers! :)

We will be in room #8580 and will be celebrating my birthday on the 29th and our anniversary on Halloween. Our room will be :

David and Bekah as well as our daughters Teigan (21) and Draevyn (15). Can't wait!
:cheer2::sail:

Hello all!!!!!! We just booked today and I am so flipping excited! This will be our 2nd cruise- our first was on the Wonder last April. I have been itching to go back the entire year!

I am most excited that this time our daughter will get to enjoy the kids clubs with her big brother, and that means more fun time for the husband and I. She and I both HATED the nursery on the Wonder.

I am pretty sure I signed up for the 2nd FE- we had a BLAST with the one on our last cruise. Is there anyone who can confirm that I am all set up?

I also requested to join the FB group.

Anyway- hello again everyone! I look forward to meeting you all in October!!! :cool1:

Asked on the FB site as well...I came across these terms while reading many threads and wonder what they mean.

FE: I know it is Fish Extender and involves gift giving. Three questions... Are the gifts given secretly and what sort of gift guidelines are there? Are they left in the door hangings?

FB: is Facebook and we think my wife joined the group. We are two old folks challenged by new technology. :upsidedow

Roaming Gnome; What is that?

Pink Champagne Girls; Meeting of FB group?? Wear pink, right

cabin crawl; What is that?

meet and greets; Got that one but how and when are they organized?

Palo Brunch; How does one sign up for the group brunch, if there is one?

Sorry for all the questions but this is all new to us. We have looked at the website and found we are in the second FE group. We want to participate but aren't sure of the "rules"

We are going to be in cabin 8102, one of the aft cabins with the huge veranda, if that could be of some use to a group or for an activity, let us know. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter