Disney kid clubs, any experience ???

pluto fan

Earning My Ears
We are going in September with the Discovery Magic plan and noticed that we may use some of our wishes for 4 hours at a Kids Club. We figure since the parks close early we might go to Pleasure Island and send DS to a Kids Club instead of paying for a sitter. It says that they stay open till 12a. Any one had any experiences with the kids club?

My daughter has stayed at the Harbor Club (Boardwalk), Mouseketeer Club (Grand Floridian), Sandcastle (Yacht Club/Beach Club), and Neverland Club (Polynesian).

Her favorite is the Sandcastle. However, many posters on this board give high marks for the Neverland Club (my daughter though it was just 'okay.' I think she felt this way because there were no children her age (at the time 8) at the Neverland Club. She generally finds a greater number of children her age at the Sandcastle Club.

In the clubs, there are plenty of activities for the children (games, arts and crafts, etc.) You also have the option of letting your child have dinner.

Some of the clubs have a four-hour stay maximum. I don't think Neverland Club does, but should verify that with WDW reservationists.

We stayed at WL this past June and the kids (5 and 7) went to Cubs' Den. They really enjoyed themselves, in fact, they asked to go back every night after that. I'm not sure if all the clubs do this but at WL they had an open house every afternoon from 2:30 to 4:00. The kids could go in, check out the place and meet the staff. Once they saw all the games and crafts, they were more excited for our night out than we were.

My DD has stayed twice at the Neverland Club (the best in my book, bigger with more to do) and once at the Cub's Den. The Neverland Club is now on my DD's "must do" list. I asked her what would happen when she was too old to go there, and she said that when she got old enough to work for Disney, she would work there. She is 8, and somehow I think she really means it!

We stayed offsite in May and our son spent an evening at the Neverland Club- while by DH and I had a relaxing dinner at the California Grill. Our son had a ball!! I was upfront with them when I made the ressie that we were staying offsite, and it was no problem to make a reservation. We parked near the club and hopped on the monorial after dropping off our son/taking a peak at the Poly. The Neverland Club staff is really good with the kids. The club could use some rehab IMHO. It's a bit worn - however, not dirty. The staff is excellent in interacting with the kids and getting them involved. I think it's a great bargain for the kids - for $8 an hour the kids get dinner, crafts, movies, games, and can a play all the video/arcade games they want. We were not aware of any minimum time that our son had to be there. I must also say that we were there during off season. This club can hold a large quantity of kids. I'm not sure I would like to see it at peak times.

Oh - they also give you a pager and the same person that signs your kid in must sign them out. You also have to let the staff know where you will be. Our DH also got a small gift/memo of his time at the club.

We used Sandcastle Club at BC resort. Our children enjoyed their evening there while we went to Morroco for dinner. We can back and picked them up just in time to catch Illuminations at the back of Epcot. They played video games, did art projects, legos and had dinner. The staff was great.

When I told my DD that we were going back to Disney she immediately wanted to know if she could go back to the "playroom"! When we went in 2000 she went one night to the SandCastle Club at BC and we were then hard pressed to get her to go out to Dinner with us the rest of the week. We too had the Discovery Magic and used it for the SandCastle Club - definitely a better use then a meal for kids. And DH and I got to have some lovely evenings out on our own!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter