Disney just canceled our Capture your moment sessions!

cdl

Earning My Ears
I just got a phone call from Disney and they are cancelling our Capture your moment sessions scheduled four days from now! I am so sad! My daughter is a huge Disney fan and we booked this trip specifically to get senior pictures in her cap and gown at Magic Kingdom. They said they have to cancel hundreds due to short staffing of photographers. We flew here yesterday, I can’t rebook the trip at this point and it’s such short notice I can’t get an outside photographer booked in time. :( Any suggestions appreciated.

Take her cap and gown to the park and still have the photo pass peeps take pics wherever you find them. We brought the grad mickey caps from all 3 years my kids graduated and just had them take a few pics with them at each park. If she has specific poses like in front of the castle or wherever have her tell the photo pass person and they will snap away. might not be the plan you had but will still get her some cute pics.

Also you can purchase the single days worth of all the photo pass pics for about $70 so have her go all over the park and take pics with every photo pass person she sees and then just purchase the one days worth and you have them all!

Take her cap and gown to the park and still have the photo pass peeps take pics wherever you find them. We brought the grad mickey caps from all 3 years my kids graduated and just had them take a few pics with them at each park. If she has specific poses like in front of the castle or wherever have her tell the photo pass person and they will snap away. might not be the plan you had but will still get her some cute pics.

Also you can purchase the single days worth of all the photo pass pics for about $70 so have her go all over the park and take pics with every photo pass person she sees and then just purchase the one days worth and you have them all!
Thank you for that tip. I didn’t realize they would let us do that, I thought the photo pass people were more preset poses, this is helpful.

yep...I have seen some do like 10 minutes with a group! I am sure that is frowned upon but there are like 6 photographers as you walk down Main Street so I would do 1 or 2 special poses at each one! Fingers crossed you get some great pics!

Ugh! That stinks! I have it scheduled too in a few days for graduation pictures of my son. Thanks starry solo I did not know this about PhotoPass at Disney Springs.

Yikes! Which ship? We're scheduled to sail on the Dream in a few weeks and we'd like to have photos for our first family cruise.

Yup, thats bad management…..really bad.

Do not sell a service if you cannot provide it, even at a loss.

Thats the real story here. They CAN do it with overtime and higher wages…..they just dont wanna….
The real story is you're making assumptions about the situation based on your own ignorant biases. In my opinion, the last-minute nature of this shortage is possibly due to a pocket outbreak of COVID amongst the photographers. Nobody likes forced or "encouraged" overtime, and if management tried that, it could have led to other photographers quitting, further exacerbating the problem.

Thank you for that tip. I didn’t realize they would let us do that, I thought the photo pass people were more preset poses, this is helpful.
No, not at all. Photopass is anything. Only presets are magic shots. If you hit up every photographer you come across you will get some great shots. Sure, some will be duds, some aren't great photographers but some are. Some are downright spectacular at getting great shots. Get enough done and you'll get good ones.

It does really blow that they cancelled so last minute.

Buy the photopass. Length of trip might be good if you want pictures at all the parks. Go to the Disney Springs PhotoPass store with the cap & gown too, not just the parks. They have great backgrounds and some can be used for senior pictures :)
I think I heard they reopened the photo studio in the gift shop (sir mickeys?) behind the castle. They have great backgrounds there and will spend a lot of time with you. If you get memory maker it’s all included.

The real story is you're making assumptions about the situation based on your own ignorant biases. In my opinion, the last-minute nature of this shortage is possibly due to a pocket outbreak of COVID amongst the photographers. Nobody likes forced or "encouraged" overtime, and if management tried that, it could have led to other photographers quitting, further exacerbating the problem.
Yeah, Covid is starting to explode again down in Orange County and throughout the country. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing flight cancellations as well like we did last winter as lots of people go on sick leave at the same time.

I just got a phone call from Disney and they are cancelling our Capture your moment sessions scheduled four days from now! I am so sad! My daughter is a huge Disney fan and we booked this trip specifically to get senior pictures in her cap and gown at Magic Kingdom. They said they have to cancel hundreds due to short staffing of photographers. We flew here yesterday, I can’t rebook the trip at this point and it’s such short notice I can’t get an outside photographer booked in time. :( Any suggestions appreciated.
I didn't think outside photographers were allowed, isn't that a big no no?

I am SO sorry I can only imagine you were looking foeard to this but fear not! Go to Pinterest and look for the best spots to take photos and be your own photopass - while it sucks this happened make your daughters moment count!

Reactions: cdl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter