Disney Issues that were Bad Then But Not So Bad Looking Back on Them?

jelloarms

DIS Veteran
I would like to know about any issues that you had regarding Disney that at the time you felt like it was the worst situation ever but looking back on it, it really wasn't such a big deal after all. Maybe you spilled a soda all over a good shirt, or lost your sunglasses, or got upset with some other member of your party, or got sick, or lost, or whatever. It was a terrible time for you...THEN. Now that it's passed, you realize it wasn't that big of a deal.

I remember my 2001 Spring Break Trip. I was in the 8th grade. Mom planned a trip that was to start 3 days before school got out for the break. Yes I would miss a few days of school but it wasn't a big deal, my classes in the 8th grade were the EASIEST classes I have ever had...EVER. Anyway she booked the trip sometime in October-ish. A few weeks after she booked, I found out that the 8th Grade Banquet was going to be held on a day that I would be gone. I completely flipped out and BEGGED my mom to change the trip dates. I had already bought my top and everything, 5 months in advance, I was that excited about it! Of course she refused. Being a typical teenager, I made a whole big scene about it and said I didn't want to go to Disney anymore because I didn't want to miss the 8th Grade Banquet. I know I know, what a silly thing to say, but I was 13 and irrational. I was pretty upset for the next few days.

Eventually the trip rolled around. We were at Typhoon Lagoon and all I could talk about throughout that day was how much fun I thought everyone was having at the 8th freaking grade banquet.

DUMB!

When I got back, of course I asked my friends about it and they all said the banquet wasn't that great. None of my friends danced, they all sat around and played cards. The food wasn't that great either. I guess I really didn't miss out on anything but man, at 13 years old, I felt like that was the travesty of the millennium. How DARE MY MOM TAKE ME TO DISNEY WORLD INSTEAD OF LETTING ME STAY HOME GO TO THE 8TH GRADE BANQUET!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter